SAIA | has anyone heard what GA Tech decided with linehaul

The way it was done in DLS!! Lets say I have 10 years in and my run got cut! Anyone with a run with less time I got to take their run!! Then the person’s run I took got to take any run below him in seniority!! Until the last person with a run got kicked back into the system!!!:nutkick:

hahahaha that's about what it feels like. it would have been less painful to rebid right?

You are right about that...nothing like working you butt off only to go in the opposite direction...sheesh. I'm right there with ya..BT. I guess it is better than some of the pain I read about in a few of the other LTL co,'s. Now...were fixin to find out if our system miles stay up around 2500/wk.

There are some weeks I can't seem to get more than three trips per week. No, they aren't the long distance laydowns either. :hide:

There are some weeks I can't seem to get more than three trips per week. No, they aren't the long distance laydowns either. :hide:

Then why do I keep hearing other system drivers complain they can't get a whole weekend off without being called in. Seems they are getting more miles than they want.

Brother Trucker have you sat down with Dennis and talked with him about it?? They might think you don't want to work!! There are several guys that don't like to work and they always cut them because they want to stay home!! That goes for system and bid runs!!

Brother Trucker have you sat down with Dennis and talked with him about it?? They might think you don't want to work!! There are several guys that don't like to work and they always cut them because they want to stay home!! That goes for system and bid runs!!

you are correct DC. when i was a system driver, they knew i liked to be home. the regional dispatcher always tried to get me home, but sometimes i would end up laying down out of region. if freight was a little slack, i would always be the one to do the 300 mile turn. they try to give you what you want.

I will talk to our glorius leader, but my observation is this-the slowdown has affected all of us. They seem to be spreading the cuts amongst the system and bid run drivers.

I can recall passing on a call in only once, and that was because of not being called after my 10 hr rest was completed I stayed up and had only 2 hours sleep, not a good thing when driving at night. I knew that I would be working on a Sunday turn and therefore passing on running that night (Friday)would not be a lost opportunity to work. I have had one pay period that had 3 rests on the 70 hours. Again not my choice, and I am running out of vacation days.

i dont have any problem getting 3000 miles as long as i stay away from clt.... usually mon thru fri...

BT--I have been here about 3 yrs, all system, and I would say that I avg 2500/miles per week. The only time I seem to have a problem with getting good miles is when I land in DLS. Not always, but it is not my favorite place to go--for that reason.

May have something to do with them doing their own dispatching, don't know. Especially enjoy the little trips to Garland--what is it 11 paid miles or something--just a big waste of my time when that happens...:hide:

i dont have any problem getting 3000 miles as long as i stay away from clt.... usually mon thru fri...

im surprised you have such a hard time getting miles out of CLT considering i normally get between 500 to 585 miles out of there as do most of the guys i know. maybe we're just lucky or something.

im surprised you have such a hard time getting miles out of CLT considering i normally get between 500 to 585 miles out of there as do most of the guys i know. maybe we're just lucky or something.

you run on the weekend. it's different during the week when randy basically tells the regional dispatcher what each driver is going to do. that and he likes to keep his system drivers in his pocket in case of extra freight.

you run on the weekend. it's different during the week when randy basically tells the regional dispatcher what each driver is going to do. that and he likes to keep his system drivers in his pocket in case of extra freight.

oh ok. i figured system drivers could get pretty much the same treatment as any other driver or maybe even better treatment.

Then why do I keep hearing other system drivers complain they can't get a whole weekend off without being called in. Seems they are getting more miles than they want.

I don't have an answer to that. My experience has been working weekends is hit or miss. Maybe I've got bad timing. Maybe I stay on the bottom of the list too long or.......all I know is that I'm having to put more water in the soup and more stones.

It may be that some guys were the only ones answering their phone when central called.

Just listening in the course of conversation, I have heard others voice the same concern about not getting enough runs to sustain themselves financially.

I worked extra this weekend and talked to a city driver who was running out!!! Central had several loads that needed to be covered!! They called him because no one will answer their phones!! He was more than happy to make the $$$$. He said they know he will answer and be willing to run!!

I worked extra this weekend and talked to a city driver who was running out!!! Central had several loads that needed to be covered!! They called him because no one will answer their phones!! He was more than happy to make the $$$$. He said they know he will answer and be willing to run!!

im the exact same way. Arron knows he can call me anytime on the weekend and send me anywhere he wants as long as i get my 10 before going in monday morning.

im the exact same way. Arron knows he can call me anytime on the weekend and send me anywhere he wants as long as i get my 10 before going in monday morning.

Winter eagle,

I bet when extra work comes up you are the first one on everyone’s mind!! When you can be counted on to answer the phone and show up it’s a dispatchers dream driver!! If I was a dispatcher would I rather call 10 drivers who won’t answer the phone or call the one guy who I know will work!!:butt kiss: