SAIA | has anyone heard what GA Tech decided with linehaul

Winter eagle,

I bet when extra work comes up you are the first one on everyone’s mind!! When you can be counted on to answer the phone and show up it’s a dispatchers dream driver!! If I was a dispatcher would I rather call 10 drivers who won’t answer the phone or call the one guy who I know will work!!:butt kiss:

Dancing Chicken,

YEP all the way. he knows my cell is with me all the time. he knows he can call me whenever he needs to on the weekends. BTW there are 3 of us in our terminal that he can call at anytime he needs us to run. 2 city guys and 1 linehaul driver. there isnt any butt kissing involved, its 3 guys who dont cry about working and arent afraid to work.

WinterEagle,

Don’t take it the wrong way I wasn’t trying to say you kiss a$$! I am the same way I work when they call all the time!! People say I like to kiss butt, but the fact is I like to make money!!! There is no shame in being a hard worker!!

i enjoy my time off. ever since i started here i've been saying i would volunteer alot to make extra money to finish my race project. most of the time the closer the weekend comes, the closer the doubt in my mind is about working. before it was b/c i had stuff to do, now it's b/c the weekend is the only time i see my wife and friends. as for you guys being percieved as butt kissers, i know the feeling. i'm nice to most everyone (including sups. and TM's) and it is seen as butt kissing. i just treat everyone the same. from the part time dock hand to the president of this dog and pony show.

WinterEagle,

Don’t take it the wrong way I wasn’t trying to say you kiss a$$! I am the same way I work when they call all the time!! People say I like to kiss butt, but the fact is I like to make money!!! There is no shame in being a hard worker!!

thats why we work extra runs on the weekends mostly, for that extra money and we enjoy working hard. i had a dispatcher ask me why i work every weekend, my reply was simple, some people like to golf to relax, after many years OTR i find running on saturday is my way of relaxing and being alone with my thoughts. believe me Demo i know i'm truely blessed to have a wife who really understands the trucking life and my addiction to it :)