Yellow | Has anyone met Zollars?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Last I heard he was at the Salt Lake terminal for Yellow. Were you able to go one on one with him? Does he come off as incompetent as evidence suggests?

Last I heard he was at the Salt Lake terminal for Yellow. Were you able to go one on one with him? Does he come off as incompetent as evidence suggests?

I met him in COL in the linehaul area and asked him about the dispatch in CGB, he had Dick Wright with him and just looked at Dick and let him answer. I did like it when Dick said well you just don't like coming to CGB, then Zollars said I don't like going there either. I wasn't impressed. I was still bummed from losing Myers. Myers turned us around but he's currently giving Waste Management brothers and sisters hell.
I think he's still the CEO over there.

I met him in COL in the linehaul area and asked him about the dispatch in CGB, he had Dick Wright with him and just looked at Dick and let him answer. I did like it when Dick said well you just don't like coming to CGB, then Zollars said I don't like going there either. I wasn't impressed. I was still bummed from losing Myers. Myers turned us around but he's currently giving Waste Management brothers and sisters hell.
I think he's still the CEO over there.

Dick Wright is now the terminal mgr at Holland Joliet.He still answers questions that way.:clap:

Zollars knows nothing about the movement of freight or how this system works. He is a money man, period. He has other people run the system.

What your saying then is he has no redeeming qualities? Seems he has failed at this too.
I agree. The purchase of USF (at a price way too high) combined with the recession is proving to be the undoing. Too many things are all lined up against us at once. It's the perfect storm and the waves are too high.

I agree. The purchase of USF (at a price way too high) combined with the recession is proving to be the undoing. Too many things are all lined up against us at once. It's the perfect storm and the waves are too high.

Maybe they should have merged Yellow and Roadway when it was purchased.I dont want to hear the crap about we needed a labor agreement to proceed.But i agree the price for USF was high,but then again they could of said no deal.But thats when Zollars ego got in the way!!

Would have....could have....should have....none of that matters at all now....all that matters is what happens next.

wolf we need him in winston 1st .with all the freight sitting on our dock the debris is getting piled up and it needs a good cleaning

Hey longblade..............I have heard rumors (as you have) that Zollars is going to visit 671 (Winston).

If so, the freight levels will drop prior to his arrival. First, they spit shine the terminal for a week or so before. I have never understood this but every time I've been on the dock and upper management schedules a visit, the company routes freight around that terminal.

If I were a big whig and walked on a freight dock with no freight on it............some heads would roll. But mgmt doesn't see it that way???

The last President of the company that came to Winston was "lurch". I can't remember his name but he was behind the eefb/AI bull crap. Needless to say he don't work here no more. DS.

hey dock , yes we have heard this rumor for a month or so .
i agree if i knew he was coming id make sure my dock was slammed with freight instead of a big dance floor all spit shinned, I never have been able to grasp that concept at all.
sure wish that if he real does show his face it would be when us night guys are around . but im sure hes all tucked into his silk sheets at that time of night