Has anyone recieved checks from the law firm?

Discussion in 'Jevic Transportation' started by bigbuddy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. bigbuddy

bigbuddy Member

I have heard that some drivers are getting checks in the mail in the amount of $100.00 or less. I wonder if that is true or not.

2. Hiballin

Hiballin Active Member

Well from what I have heard if it was a class action that is about what they will get.MR.Attorny will b rolling in dough.
    I read an article where a woman filed in small claims court.She got $9500.Attorneys tried to get her in a class action.The ones in class action would receive $100 to $200 each.Attorneys a measly $8 Million. The Lawsuit was over gas milage on window stickers on new cars.

3. wizzard-100

wizzard-100 Member

If the above is true then the lawyers get the bucks, we get the shaft, and settle for chump change.

4. Hiballin

Hiballin Active Member

The suit on gas milage was in online paper for get which one.

5. Jack Knife

Jack Knife Well-Known Member

6. Hiballin

Hiballin Active Member

Thanks.I get letters for these class action suits.I guess people think they will get rich.The more in the suit the less you will get.The Attornys still get rich.I'm glad the woman won.

7. dotxj8

dotxj8 New Member

have not heard a work from the attornys. i think we should be getting updated as to what is happening.

8. rjjr

rjjr Member

Ok, so unless you guys from the J1 area signed a no talk stipulation,has NJ suit been settled, or is this just driver bullsh-t that things are crashing down for sun capital ??????

9. Jockey

Jockey Member

Lawsuit not settles.NO one received any payments. Sun Capital still doing delaying tactics.Maybe they are hoping most of us will die before they have to pay up. lol..

10. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

The guys that went in on the NJ state suit have settled. They cannot get anything from the federal one

11. BuzzBeez

BuzzBeez Extraboard Crazy

If they did settle, nobodys talking. Maybe it wasnt enough to talk about.

12. rjjr

rjjr Member

can you post any details of the settlement ? Let me think now, sun capital will settle and pay each person in that suit, but will admit no guilt ? Glad to hear this, heard a amount of what they recieved, but for me it's not about the money, as much as it's about them b-stards admitting guilt and not pulling that sh-t on any more hard working people.Hopefully now the other suit can proceed and alot more people can get some closeure

13. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

I work at Pyle. Quite a few local J1 guys work there. We bump into each other now and then. Dont want to give names. He was a J1 local. Settled for 4500
    Maybe before fees. Dont know what he actually recieved. Did you try the google machine??

14. wizzard-100

wizzard-100 Member

did the google thing..... nothing

15. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

I may see the driver soon I will ask. Try pm'ing member localdriver. He may know. He has been active in the new century room in the past few weeks

16. BBJ1

BBJ1 New Member

It it true. On facebook, if you go on "I used to work for Jevic Transportation" page, there is an actual picture of a check that a driver received for $65.00.

17. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

I just spoke to one of the guys who settled. It was the Nj state one. Started with about 125 guys. 35 settled. This driver got between 10000 and 11000 dollars. After fees and taxes kept around 4000. He was a 15 year guy