Yellow | Has everyone had enough

Yes I've had enough. FULL RATE OR LOCK THE GATE. I know this offends some, but to those I say, lets quit pretending anything we do will bring this company into profitability.

This show has gone on for 10 years. Are we thinking maybe they'll turn it around in 20 years? How long before the pension gets righted? Never
How long before we are up to market pay with our non Union brothers is up to us. I say I've had enough, and 2019 sets things right or LOCK THE GATE.

I am curious, let's say they offered three percent a year for five years, would that be enough? You would get your fifteen percent back but it would take the length of the contract to do it? I'm just throwing things against the wall here and seeing if anything sticks!

I am curious, let's say they offered three percent a year for five years, would that be enough? You would get your fifteen percent back but it would take the length of the contract to do it? I'm just throwing things against the wall here and seeing if anything sticks!
Only problem with that is you actually are further behind the rates than 15%....those 2 $750 BONE-US did that.

YES!!! I have had enough. We deserve everything back but that is not going to happen,let's be real.So what would it take for a new contract to appeal to us? Like Wayne Hulsey said "speak up." More money,more vacation, more holidays,
resolve pension..unlikely,bounus days off earned by attendance, etc. Just thinking out loud. We do need to start discussing it more seriously. Let the Union and Company know what we are thinking. Be reassured, the Company will be asking for things ,we need to have counter offers on everyones mind.

I understand YRC's predicament and I'm personally willing to work with them. All I want is full restoration of pay, benefits and very small raise. They can keep the PTS if they implement more accountability and immediate penalties when they break contract.

If they can’t make it in this very strong economy when every company is hiring and struggling to move freight and dealing with back logs then they will never be able to make it. They have to give something back to labor.
Any suggestions/ideas for new contract "Keepingon"?

Any suggestions/ideas for new contract "Keepingon"?
Just an opinion of course, Anyone who thinks we can get back everything we gave back under the MOU isn’t thinking rationally. No changes to healthcare, salary increase that gets us on track to a competitive rate dollars not cents and if there is no answer to our pension funds than allow the contribution being made to go into a 401k which some already have.

Yes I've had enough. FULL RATE OR LOCK THE GATE. I know this offends some, but to those I say, lets quit pretending anything we do will bring this company into profitability.

This show has gone on for 10 years. Are we thinking maybe they'll turn it around in 20 years? How long before the pension gets righted? Never
How long before we are up to market pay with our non Union brothers is up to us. I say I've had enough, and 2019 sets things right or LOCK THE GATE.
Why would anyone want to work for YRC, that company is a joke. But what is really bad is that you guys let them do it to you. Go work for some of the better companies that are out there, that will compensate you for your skill

I understand YRC's predicament and I'm personally willing to work with them. All I want is full restoration of pay, benefits and very small raise. They can keep the PTS if they implement more accountability and immediate penalties when they break contract.
You must be a dreamer

Just an opinion of course, Anyone who thinks we can get back everything we gave back under the MOU isn’t thinking rationally. No changes to healthcare, salary increase that gets us on track to a competitive rate dollars not cents and if there is no answer to our pension funds than allow the contribution being made to go into a 401k which some already have.

IMHO, Health & Welfare are of the utmost importance. My statement last year indicated over 30k in cost for coverage through YRC.
My coverage is outstanding with a $15 copay. It is my understanding that only UPS Package has a better program.

Contributions to Western States Pension Fund ceased in ‘09. Returning to that fund is unrealistic, due to delinquent obligations must be met before returning. The 25% rate works out to be about $1.55/hr, presently for 2080 hrs worked, equaling about $3300/year.
At the present wage, a 10% contribution to the Teamsters 401-k is $4600/year, based on a 40 hr week. If YRC increased the amount to $2, annual contribution would be near $9k.

After 30 years individual nest eggs would exceed 750k, based on a conservative 6% annual rate of interest.

Healthcare and 401k contributions now become ‘fixed’ cost annually for the company and those who follow us will have a more secure future.

Obligations to pension funds is still an item to be worked out with consideration for retirees and those nearing retirement.

Increasing wage by somewhere near $2/hr, initially, puts us in the more competitive range, though still considerably less than our ‘Non’ counterparts.

Our overall package is more competitive, while not putting overwhelming burden on the company.

YES!!! I have had enough. We deserve everything back but that is not going to happen,let's be real.So what would it take for a new contract to appeal to us? Like Wayne Hulsey said "speak up." More money,more vacation, more holidays,
resolve pension..unlikely,bounus days off earned by attendance, etc. Just thinking out loud. We do need to start discussing it more seriously. Let the Union and Company know what we are thinking. Be reassured, the Company will be asking for things ,we need to have counter offers on everyones mind.
What I'm writing here is controversial without a doubt. SOME of our people deserve everything back and then some! Others aren't worth the 85% rate they're stealing now. Here what I think needs to happen: a) much of the upper management needs to go. They have screwed things up so badly that it's going to take a miracle and a lot of hard work to fix it. b) Those brothers (and sisters) who are "milkin' the pooch" every day need to get with the program, or get the %$#@ out! I'm tired of carrying you. c) The hard-working brethren need to take (and be given) a much larger role in making the decisions that affect us all, mostly from the operations end. d) Everybody needs to demand that things be done right! e) We need to share heartily in the rewards of doing these things ($$$)

We have been working with them since 2009

Just think about the old contract it was supposed to be 8 dollars and hour in our health and welfare where did it go ?