Yellow | Has everyone had enough

What I'm writing here is controversial without a doubt. SOME of our people deserve everything back and then some! Others aren't worth the 85% rate they're stealing now. Here what I think needs to happen: a) much of the upper management needs to go. They have screwed things up so badly that it's going to take a miracle and a lot of hard work to fix it. b) Those brothers (and sisters) who are "milkin' the pooch" every day need to get with the program, or get the %$#@ out! I'm tired of carrying you. c) The hard-working brethren need to take (and be given) a much larger role in making the decisions that affect us all, mostly from the operations end. d) Everybody needs to demand that things be done right! e) We need to share heartily in the rewards of doing these things ($$$)
Can everyone remember back in the day you didn't have to do grievance cause we stuck together and if you screwed something up your coworkers would straighten you out.

Just get the facts. How much does YRC compensate each compared to the competition? Healthcare costs, etc. should be included in comparing any compensation given to FedEx or ODFL workers. Compare the numbers and vote!

Just get the facts. How much does YRC compensate each compared to the competition? Healthcare costs, etc. should be included in comparing any compensation given to FedEx or ODFL workers. Compare the numbers and vote!
That would be a great thread if you can get the a spread sheet like that.

I Have 25 years in union companies.Had enough 4 years ago(By Holland).Now working for the largest LTL Carrier. Am paying about $25.00 A week for health care,vision and dental. Say there is a $6.00 OR $7.00 an hour wage difference between Carriers,that $240.00=$280.00 a week more than makes up for free healthcare you receive.Plus don't have to deal with the hate and discontent everyday..

That would be a great thread if you can get the a spread sheet like that.
Isn't that what you pay your union for - to inform you of what you are voting on? Somebody somewhere has to have access to this kind of information. It would be a huge advantage come voting time - even if it meant interviewing drivers!

I Have 25 years in union companies.Had enough 4 years ago(By Holland).Now working for the largest LTL Carrier. Am paying about $25.00 A week for health care,vision and dental. Say there is a $6.00 OR $7.00 an hour wage difference between Carriers,that $240.00=$280.00 a week more than makes up for free healthcare you receive.Plus don't have to deal with the hate and discontent everyday..
Great insight into what the company is dealing with. Thanks for posting.

Can already here it , you sheep need to vote yes or they will shut the doors :heykoolaid:, don't drink the B.S. Kool-aid in 2019
images

I've just never seen a corporation aim for what looks like losses but yet tell everyone in their financials that they had earned 3.9billion dollars!!With that many losses you would think top executives would be fired??In most cases top executives would be laid out on their heads on the streets.Its just not believable anymore.Certainly the labor wouldn't all be at fault as much as the direct management would be.Then we allow PTS and they still show a loss!!!These people are imbasols in management.

Just for laughs but a worker ask me one time how much money I make an hour I told him I made 40+ and hour I told him the first 4 hrs is the companies and the last 4 hrs are mine I know most people have the same attuide after all we been through but if we plan to get anything done we need to be on the same page and fight.
when I come to the freight business 35 years ago. We need to get our head out of our ass and get together this stuff about old hands and young hands needs to stop and pull together or we all Lose..

I've just never seen a corporation aim for what looks like losses but yet tell everyone in their financials that they had earned 3.9billion dollars!!With that many losses you would think top executives would be fired??In most cases top executives would be laid out on their heads on the streets.Its just not believable anymore.Certainly the labor wouldn't all be at fault as much as the direct management would be.Then we allow PTS and they still show a loss!!!These people are imbasols in management.
Before posting, please learn how to read a financial report! This is from the 5/3/2018 SEC filing. First numbers are Q1 2018, the second is Q1 2017. BIG difference between operating revenue and EARNINGS! Do you even comprehend what an O/R of 100.9 MEANS????

Operating revenue (in millions) $ 751.3 $ 728.9 3.1 %
Operating income (in millions) $ (6.9 ) $ (7.5 ) 8.0 %
Operating ratio 100.9 101.0 0.1 pp
Total tonnage per day (in thousands) 23.60 24.18 (2.4 )%
Total shipments per day (in thousands) 38.59 40.40 (4.5 )%
Total picked up revenue per hundredweight incl FSC $ 24.94 $ 23.53 6.0 %
Total picked up revenue per hundredweight excl FSC $ 21.99 $ 21.06 4.4%
Total picked up revenue per shipment incl FSC $ 305 $ 282 8.3 %
Total picked up revenue per shipment excl FSC $ 269 $ 252 6.7 %
Total weight/shipment (in pounds) 1,223 1,197 2.2 %

Before posting, please learn how to read a financial report! This is from the 5/3/2018 SEC filing. First numbers are Q1 2018, the second is Q1 2017. BIG difference between operating revenue and EARNINGS! Do you even comprehend what an O/R of 100.9 MEANS????

I love parentheses means I’m doing a good job come into work for one reason to shutter down no pension so screw them have CDL and will travel this is a anti American company your making college buddies rich.

I love parentheses means I’m doing a good job come into work for one reason to shutter down no pension so screw them have CDL and will travel this is a anti American company your making college buddies rich.
Some punctuation in your long sentence would improve my opinion of your intelligence, too!
But, frankly, not by much! :duel:

Just going by what Mr.TJ O'Connor the president said in one of those videos played on the company big screen in the drivers room

I've just never seen a corporation aim for what looks like losses but yet tell everyone in their financials that they had earned 3.9billion dollars
Just going by what Mr.TJ O'Connor the president said in one of those videos played on the company big screen in the drivers room
I'm uncertain what video you are referring to. However, as a publicly traded corporation, YRCW's financials are subject to scrutiny AND verification by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Senior management face prosecution for ANY falsification of information included in ANY filing. That being said, I would be astounded that TJ O'Connor made any such statement. YRCW has not EARNED $3.9 billion since it's inception, never mind in one year. Much less in one quarter! Have a Happy 4th of July. :usa2: