SAIA | Has the Bottom fallen out of the freight?

slowwing down but we're hiring new drivers

The regional guy wants to have 51 drivers on board. We now have 43, opps make that 41 just fired 2 newbebies. Can't run over cars when your on probation.
He must want to cut the hrs; of the 3-7 a.m. shift, they still get 12-14 a day.
we are getting a lot of drivers from Yellow=Roadway trying to come on board. Can you say UNION
Have a great holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgolfer said:
It died here in Phx this week, I've seen 2, 7 hr days and the others have been that busy. Instead of working from 8a.m. until 8 p. m. every day now its 8 to 3 or 4.
Regional manager said Saia has stated this month would be 10% more freight then last month, not 15% less.
On another issue, I would like you all to voice your thoughts on giving up the 1 personnel day we got 3 yrs. ago and getting back the bonus! I ask Tony A. about it when he was in Phx, he said he would put it on the table. I figure it would be net $1000.00 in our pockets. So ask your T.M.'s to forward the idea or region manager if the are at your terminal.If enough of use bring it up it May Happen.

I am confused. How will giving one day back, give us a $1000.00 bonus? I don't make quite that per day. Close but not $1000.00 per day.:party-smiley-017:

I just got the E-mail to add 2 new P & D drivers in Seattle. Then be prepared to add 5 more. The amount of freight is making the P & D guys start at 6:00 and are not back to the barn until 18:00 unless they start earlier.
No slow down here. I also need 3 more teams in Seattle too. I think our drivers would happy with a little rest.

A-men!!!

eaglescout said:
union at SAIA! dont hold your breath. Then the play the favorite system would not work. Know from experiance

Bring on the union then. Favorites has become a favorite game to play lately.

Since we are looking to expand into the northeast, I wonder if Saia is looking to buy Duie Pyle.:gathering: :smillie_flag:

Duie Pyle

othertrucker2001 said:
Since we are looking to expand into the northeast, I wonder if Saia is looking to buy Duie Pyle.:gathering: :smillie_flag:
You just have to love that name.

[FONT=&quot]15) No Union talk allowed on non-union trucking forums. PERIOD, causes nothing but flame wars and you will get banned from this site for doing so. Also NO Union bashing whatsoever allowed by non-union members on union trucking company forums. The Union/Non-Union forums are ther place for that. Any company owned by a company that is union is the only time union talk can be discussed in non union company forums. This website is not pro union or pro anti union, we are pro LTL drivers.[/FONT]

Yeah, I took 2 loads up to Pitt's yard last sunday night. We been sending 4 to 6 loads a day up there. They give us no southbound freight. Averitt gets it all supposedly.

It's pretty much slow everywhere-----Election time(whatever that means).I thought Jevic was going to eventually turn into SAIA.Maybe I read the article wrong.

slow isn't the word

we had 9 drivers off on company convience last thurday, of course we brought back 41 bills about 10% but the saia computer software said we had to many drivers HA:poster_oops:

rgolfer said:
we had 9 drivers off on company convience last thurday, of course we brought back 41 bills about 10% but the saia computer software said we had to many drivers HA:poster_oops:

And you know the computer expects us to work hard enough to make it look as if those who get the "approved time off" were actually working.

Here we go again

Well, its official, the 4th quarter slump has hit DLS.

The bloodbath has begun, the cutting is occurring at an unimaginable pace, the numbers aren't right and the bosses are panicked.

HellllllloooooOOOooooo roller coasterrrRRRRrrrrrr.

The outbound is trucking along here in Seattle the inbound is slow. The Friday outbound crew did not go home until 04:00 Saturday morning.

its starting to happen

Now that the business levels are slumping and management isn't so distracted by meeting schedules and customer complaints and concerns.....the inevitible is happening....heads are rolling amongst the grunts. It would seem since our leaders have had a taste of the low O.R. they will do what ever it takes to keep the numbers on track.

Little stuff that was either unimportant in the overall scheme of things or was simply not paid attention to is now being spotlited. So, fellow drivers, take extreme(no pun intended) caution in everything you do, the paperwork you fill out, and how you conduct yourself in regards to SAIA. Management is handing out firings and suspensions like candy at Halloween. Nuff said!

Brother Trucker said:
Now that the business levels are slumping and management isn't so distracted by meeting schedules and customer complaints and concerns.....the inevitible is happening....heads are rolling amongst the grunts. It would seem since our leaders have had a taste of the low O.R. they will do what ever it takes to keep the numbers on track.

Little stuff that was either unimportant in the overall scheme of things or was simply not paid attention to is now being spotlited. So, fellow drivers, take extreme(no pun intended) caution in everything you do, the paperwork you fill out, and how you conduct yourself in regards to SAIA. Management is handing out firings and suspensions like candy at Halloween. Nuff said!

Its all about the money. Pi$$ on the people who make the money (drivers) and glorify the management. Its a money making scheme to get rid of senior drivers and hire newbies at a lower pay scale. Then when that driver max's out he or she is on the next list. That's a great way to maintain drivers huh? My job was once threatned because a broke radio antenea fell off while I was driving the truck.