SAIA | Has this happened to you?

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Took a turn to HST from DLS. Knew the day was kinda goofy when I checked the bill packets and both pups were short bills. Leave Dallas and got stuck in state fair traffic on the freeway.

Got to Houston and got in the wrong lane to head to the terminal and when I turned around I got to take the scenic tour as the freeway is under construction and the entrance ramps are closed. Simply amazing.

Get to the terminal probably no more than 30 minutes off schedule in spite of delays.

Central dispatch gives me two loaded pups to return with. One was GRL and the other SLC. Had to hunt 2 hours to find the SLC paperwork and the GRL tlr was missing the tlr seal.

Made good time back. However, the stop off in GRL meant finding an empty pup at a dark terminal to match with the SLC pup being relayed to DLS. All this when the weather had turned from nice and warm to nice and frosty and windy at 12:30 am.

The newfangled dispatch system for empties didn't work. Still had to contact central dispatch. Got off the log sheet with 15 minutes left on the 14 hours. First time to have to use two log sheets for one trip.

Mind you I'm a city driver and don't log very much, and usually don't have this sort of problem on a turn. But geez Louise.

New adventure

Ran a meet and turn to FUL to meet a Memphis driver. Was set up to head back direct to DLS. Did I? Nooooooo. Rerouted to TYL to drop off a pup. New town for me and did I find the terminal first shot? Nooooo. I think the big daddies need to replace that place. Have to drive thru a neighborhood to get to it. Not enough room or light. Had to unload a pup to make a match. Man what a trip that was.