Central Transport | Has your Terminal seen any improvements ?

Do you see Central trying to move in right direction?

• Total voters

CTNY

Never judge a driver by his tractor
Credits
I was wondering if your terminal has seen any changes yet in August.

Has some of the management arrived from Michigan trying to fix the problems ?

Are things finally begining to move in the right direction..

Whats is your opinion of the new vacation pay issue seems fishy to us.

Michigan claims we drivers love it so lets here from you on this .

Do you agree with your vacation not being paid when taken now only every 4 months later and then subract any days you took off.

CentralTransport5431InternationalBr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this company is tanking, this company has officals that are idiots. furthermore, anytime that a company messes with vaction pay or treats there employees like dirt after getting hurt by doing there job is a company that has no morals. and it does not surprise me that they wish to mess with drivers vaction and how they are to use the time.

"Integrity free company"

Do you agree with your vacation not being paid when taken now only every 4 months later and then subract any days you took off.

CT does everything to make their drivers job difficult. Here are some examples:

-no delivery receipts to give to the customers.
"Good morning customer, I have a delivery for you."
"What do you have?"
"One skid."
"Of what?"
"I don't know."
"Who is the shipper?"
"I don't know."
"How many pieces?"
"I don't know."

-freight is always damaged and never re-couped
-Linehaul Driver abuse and neglect while loading and unloading freight
-lack of common sense
-poor routing
-two drivers delivering 1 skid each to customers that are less than a mile from each other
-poor dispatching
-customer calls in pick up that is ready at 9am and closes at 3pm
-Dispatch sends the pickup to your "Dolphin" at 2pm
-poorly maintained tractors and trailers
-most of the tractors are not that old but abused and neglected
-poorly maintained forklifts
-battery acid leaking
-high turnover rate in management, dispatchers, terminal managers, drivers, mechanics
-wait 15 minutes or longer to get a hold of OSD while holding up the customer and his dock

Basically, no paid holidays, vacation days or sick days. It is a bonus that you will receive if you are present the third week of the next month after the end of the 4 month period.

No raises. Especially if Drivers keep signing the bogus Profit and Loss sheets.

No integrity.

Very bad customer service.

Perfect company for people who lack integrity, skills, bad work ethics and bad Commercial Drivers Licenses.

Moral of the story:

"You get what you pay for."

i agree the way they are paying us our vacation pay is B-S, it's their way of controlling your days off, it's a way of punishing you if you need to take a personal day or your vacation because i don't know about these brainiacs but i live off my check like everyone else in america week to week bills don't stop. you take your vacation you don't get a check that following pay period??????????/ who in heck came up with this hairbrained idea???? and why ??? the why is easy to keep you from enjoying yourself when you need to or want to take a day.the worst part is they just keep micro managing everything to death, when i see a pallet with red tape on it i just cringe because i know i'm gonna be holding up a customers dock, if michigan wants to cut cost and save some money fire all those idiots that are micromanaging us to death give us back the rim pagers and nextells and turn the phones back on so our TM's can calm an irate customer down and give them an answer they can live with . i'm done i just hope my checks keep cashing?????

None of the top carriers have such a vacation policy. This is the crappiest policy I have seen from a trucking company in 20 years. Central Transport could be a great company to work for if they would do 3 things:

(1) Fix their equipment & Facilities (Repair trucks, trailers & forklifts. Pave their lots and fix dock plates and doors.)
(2) Eliminate counterproductive policies. (Like Driver P & L Statements, not using head loads to eliminate claims and wasted time unloading/loading)
(3) Improve Pay & Benefits (Increase pay (Put everyone on the same pay rate across the country), better insurance & add a vision plan and eliminate that STUPID vacation policy.

they have not fixed any thing at our term. dock plates hard to raise or wont. bumpers falling off,craters in yard,

I so agree the bull crap with the vacation pay is just a way for them to hold our money longer. What else irks me an other drivers they dispatch call us on our personal cell phones . We pay for our minutes no reimbursements back just at will call us I'm not answering my phone any more put toward cell bill then I might be more agreeable.

None of the top carriers have such a vacation policy. This is the crappiest policy I have seen from a trucking company in 20 years. Central Transport could be a great company to work for if they would do 3 things:

(1) Fix their equipment & Facilities (Repair trucks, trailers & forklifts. Pave their lots and fix dock plates and doors.)
(2) Eliminate counterproductive policies. (Like Driver P & L Statements, not using head loads to eliminate claims and wasted time unloading/loading)
(3) Improve Pay & Benefits (Increase pay (Put everyone on the same pay rate across the country), better insurance & add a vision plan and eliminate that STUPID vacation policy.

I have a big problem with #3... Your saying some slack jawed yokal in Mobile , AL who lives in a trailer on his daddy's land should make as much money as the guy who lives in Brooklyn, NY paying $2000/month for rent and trying to feed his family? Thats not smart business. You NEED a vision plan cause your blind.

Last edited by a moderator:
well my answer to all the q;s above is NO! hahaha.......like that was a surprise! and as far as the vaca, it Sucks! lol another shock right ? it just seems that apparently alot of the issue the company has will not be addressed coz management themselves don't give a heck. IDK bout anyone else, but I still haven't seen a raise or pay increase at all in over 1 1/2 years now. according to what the pay scale said when i signed up, I should be at top rate by now. but, unfortunately, I'm not close. no COL raise or anything. yes it is a job! but barely. it just seems like every chance they get, they want to push us drivers down. so, it's no wonder they don't care about anything else like customers or equipment.

I see you have one of Central's 'premium' trucks! That must be almost new!

John

I use to pick up and deliver there.... Thats on Ford ave In Dearborn.... Hollings worth logistics... I use peddle for Yellow in Detroit The terminal your in now...