Reddaway | Have a question about Reddaway

longjohn

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys I was wondering if someone can give me the scoop on Reddaway? Just wondering what the line haul job is like on extra board? Will I be waiting by the phone all the time to see if I need to work? I am in the Los Angeles area and was wondering if they keep us busy? I have heard that I may have plenty of work one week and none the next. Maybe laid off in the winter. I know the starting pay is pretty low for LTL. Any info would be grateful, thanks.

They will string you along laying you off and just when you find something else they will recall you. If you get lucky enough to get through progression then you may have a hard decision to make on whether to go back and get laid off again or stick with your other new job.

Does anyone have any info on their city board? Currently laid off from Holland and thinking about heading west. I think we get "preferencial" hiring, and would actually like to get away from any YRC company, but it could be a reason to go west if they were to hire me, and if I get laid off, well then Id be doing the same thing Im doing now,, looking for work but in a nicer climate.

I know that Denver is looking for city drivers now.
Tell me about the SNOW,, Ive heard Denver gets its share, but have heard it can snow like crazy on any given Monday, and be 80 by Friday.. Any truth to this?? My thought is to get away from snow and cold, maybe visit the cold and snow for a couple of hours just to see it but then leave.. Ive seen enough frigid cold and snow to last me a lifetime.. lmao

Yes, it does snow and get cold sometimes. I've seen it very warm to start the day and be snowing by nightfall. Always fun, you never know what to expect next. Not too many very cold, frigid days in the winter but there are some. I've also seen it snow in Colorado every month of the year, kinda cool really.

500 miles West they force all CDL qualified drivers out almost daily.
Cold and Snow at times too, you can dress for that.
881 (SLC) terrible management but their is work, just forced everyone back and many did not return.
Great stewards and a great local to boot.

Right now just trying to keep options open, laid off from Holland, no one will put me or the other guys on for the thought we will go back when called, for me if I have something comperable I wont go back. Have talked with the family and if Im not back by the spring I will be looking in the western region of the country and the house will go up for sale, just would like to go where there no snow, December through March can be brutal where Im at, and now its more ice and cold, but who knows what this winter will bring, had a real mild winter last year

Colorado winter pretty much goes from October to the first week or two in May, spring snow is the worst. But for all the complaints about CDOT they do a hell of a job keeping roads open. I am back in So Cal now but spent years running the I-70 corridor between Denver and Grand Junction Co.

Colorado winter pretty much goes from October to the first week or two in May, spring snow is the worst. But for all the complaints about CDOT they do a hell of a job keeping roads open. I am back in So Cal now but spent years running the I-70 corridor between Denver and Grand Junction Co.
Did you used to turn Junction to Denver????? First name start with a K and have HUGE radio's lol?

After thinking about it and thinking about your avitar, I believe your name starts with L and your radio is pretty healthy as well?

Sounds like it from what I'm seeing on the boards. Seen them hiring online, guess I'll steer clear of there for now.Thx for the reply