ODFL | Have you quit smoking?

Whistler

Always trust the droid!
Credits
I know OD is supposed to have some sort of help in quitting smoking but has anyone actually been able to quit? I want to but it's very hard to do especially if I get bored going down the road or get stressed out because of waiting so long for my frieght. If you have any tips or success stories please share them.

About 6 or 7 years ago I tried to quit. My Doctor prescribed me to Zyban.
I followed the instructions and I was smoke free for about 8 months.
In the same time I gained abut 80 to 90 Pounds.
For some stupid reason (which I don’t now what it was) I started again.
Now my weight is up and I smoke even more then before.:maddance3:

I quit a three,and a half pack a day habit.
PALMAL non-filtered.
I started smoking every morning when I woke up,lighting the next one with the butt from the last one when it was ready to burn my fingers.

I met an old man that had lung cancer,and had to stop smoking.
He told me cigaretts were killing him,and his doctor told him if he could stop he maybe able to live a little longer then if he kept smoking.
Well this guy says when you have a chance to live longer but its totally up to you.
You find any way you can to do something about it.
He said 50% of anything is desire,the other 50% is figuring out a way to meet that desire.

He took a brand new pack of his cigarettes,opened it up,put it in his pocket.
Everytime he went to pull the first cigarett out of the pack,he would say in his mind,who is going to be the boss?
Am I going to allow you to kill me?
He told me he quit a year ago,when I had met him,he didn't know how long he had left,but he was greatful for every day.
I did the same thing as he did.
It took 6 weeks for me to get rid of my strong desire to smoke,and I threw the pack away.
I'm 63,and have very healthy lungs now.
I've been smoke free for about 40 years.
Well I hope this tip will help you?
Remember your the only one who can do anything you want to do.
Nothing,or nobody else is responsible for any of your own actions.

i quit twice i have been smoke free for a year i love it and the thing that keeps me from smokin is the money mainly cuz its to damn expensive the only way i quit is cuz i wanted to be healthy in the long run. if you mind is right on quitting you will quit.

I know OD is supposed to have some sort of help in quitting smoking but has anyone actually been able to quit? I want to but it's very hard to do especially if I get bored going down the road or get stressed out because of waiting so long for my frieght. If you have any tips or success stories please share them.
Whistler,
My success came from paying the big money for them. Also watching my father-in-law having COPD so bad that after all of his years of smoking he had problems even breathing with Oxygen. It made him choke. It was sad to see.
The Zyban plan worked for me and that was 2 years ago today! Ironic, but you do remember the day you quit. Like a birthday, but tougher to do.
Fighting boredom. I used toothpicks. Till this day I still chew on them. At .85 cents a box they last a good couple of months.
I drove in 2 winters now with "white-outs", icey roads, breakdowns, waiting on trailers etc. and got through it all without smoking. It was rough, but it can be done! I have very little will-power. Good Luck and stick with it once you try again!!:1036316054:

Whistler,
My success came from paying the big money for them. Also watching my father-in-law having COPD so bad that after all of his years of smoking he had problems even breathing with Oxygen. It made him choke. It was sad to see.
The Zyban plan worked for me and that was 2 years ago today! Ironic, but you do remember the day you quit. Like a birthday, but tougher to do.
Fighting boredom. I used toothpicks. Till this day I still chew on them. At .85 cents a box they last a good couple of months.
I drove in 2 winters now with "white-outs", icey roads, breakdowns, waiting on trailers etc. and got through it all without smoking. It was rough, but it can be done! I have very little will-power. Good Luck and stick with it once you try again!!:1036316054:

Welcome to the O.D. forum beermug.