Having your own authority

railmitt

TB Lurker
Credits
I own my own truck and I have a question about having to get your own authority. The that I'm leased onto is coming up with all sorts of crazy ideas, some of which are costing me money. One of these crazy ideas is that within the year all owner operators living and working in the state of Illinois must have their own authority as it will be mandatory for the state of Illinois as by law. Has anyone else heard anything like this or is it just b.s..

I own my own truck and I have a question about having to get your own authority. The that I'm leased onto is coming up with all sorts of crazy ideas, some of which are costing me money. One of these crazy ideas is that within the year all owner operators living and working in the state of Illinois must have their own authority as it will be mandatory for the state of Illinois as by law. Has anyone else heard anything like this or is it just b.s..
best to call your secretary of state for that information.

No. Haven't heard that. If I was still an OO now, all you do is apply for a US DOT number, proof of cargo and liability insurance, and get your own freight off the apps online, and not let some carrier you are leased to take part of your $$$

I appreciate the reply but I am not able to afford all the insurance, tags, and fuel on my own at this point is why I was asking. Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate the reply but I am not able to afford all the insurance, tags, and fuel on my own at this point is why I was asking. Thanks for the reply.
Probably best then to talk to SOS,like Pro suggested. Sounds like your current company may be scamming you.

That's what I think too, just doing a little research to make sure tried calling D.O.T. on Friday never got through will try keep calling authorities until I get through in future though. Thank you for the reply.

That's what I think too, just doing a little research to make sure tried calling D.O.T. on Friday never got through will try keep calling authorities until I get through in future though. Thank you for the reply.
the secretary of state (your state) will have more information on what you asked. that's the person that would approved the incorporation papers and maybe even LLC as well. i can't give you all the specifics, but the secretary of state office can. and if you can, go in person? your state is huge compared to mine, so there may be more than one office available to you.

the secretary of state (your state) will have more information on what you asked. that's the person that would approved the incorporation papers and maybe even LLC as well. i can't give you all the specifics, but the secretary of state office can. and if you can, go in person? your state is huge compared to mine, so there may be more than one office available to you.

Ok thanks. I'll give that a shot.
you can try OOIDA like someone said on another site, you hit up...however, in government, things change on a near daily basis, and YOU MUST be a member of OOIDA for them to help you.