Averitt | Haz Mat fines

ltl lifer

Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
Credits
Here is a partial list of fines that can be assessed the driver for various Haz Mat violations. Just thought that I would share.

For example 172.201, Not having the proper paperwork for a hazmat shipment.... $3000 to $6000. This is DRIVER'S responsibility and fine

172.504, failure to placard trailer correctly...from $800 to $9000. This is the "DRIVER'S" responsibility and fine.

Oh how many times have I met a driver and swapped loads and asked him "Where are the placards?" or "Where is the Haz Mat paperwork (only has a travel copy if that) and get the response "This is what so and so dispatcher gave me".

Any driver that meets me at a meet and turn point and brings me some garbage like this will find themselves doing an unexpected laydown because this driver won't be pulling it.

* * * *Note * * * * * I have tried for 30 minutes to attach the file and to no avail. I have them on my computer but the $%&^*& system won't let me upload them in jpg or pdf format.

I have a vast assortment of placards in my tractor mainly from the high winds in Indiana blowing them off ! But these new numbered ones are a problem to stock up on.

I pulled into a customer to pick up a load...another Averitt driver pulled in behind me with a placard load...I asked if he was delivering he said no he was picking up...didn't bother removing the placards...

I pulled into a customer to pick up a load...another Averitt driver pulled in behind me with a placard load...I asked if he was delivering he said no he was picking up...didn't bother removing the placards...
Seen that before.....Fla and GA just love to see AVRT trucks with placarded loads. I keep a large assortment of placards inside a closed box. Lifer your are absolutely right, if that load and paperwork is not right, DON'T PULL IT!

Yep...a few years ago I got pulled over in GA for a hazmat inspection...passed 100%...even got a nice letter from safety saying how pleased they were...