ODFL | Haz Mat procedures

cleo leo

TB Lurker
Credits
Does OD train their employees on how to handle hazmat spills on the dock. Specifically toxic spills.
If so, what is the procedure?

Well think manual says if u have a pulse and can start the lift your good to go. All jokes aside,not sure if we train the dock workers on how to do it or not but for sure the supervisors should be well versed in what to do.

Well think manual says if u have a pulse and can start the lift your good to go. All jokes aside,not sure if we train the dock workers on how to do it or not but for sure the supervisors should be well versed in what to do.

Any type problem you might incur, dial BR549, ask for BillyLo
If he's not available ask for UMP.

Those two can barely handle a coffee spill in a cup holder after hitting a bump.... As far as I know, the procedure is to notify a sup, they'll take it from there, you don't want to be a hero, believe me.
Hey now.. It's not easy putting out the fire in your crouch doing 70mph downhill in a snowstorm. Timing is everything and when you can't see the mile markers due to the ground blizzard how are you supposed to know if it's okay to take a pull of hot Java.

Does OD train their employees on how to handle hazmat spills on the dock. Specifically toxic spills.
If so, what is the procedure?
Yah .. It's called turn in your badge and don't forget your lunch box on the way out. Dock workers don't handle toxic spills.

Can't help anymore .. Got cited by the EPA last summer for dumping toxic waste, waste! Dump a little glow in the dark goat poop over your fence and everyone gets all upset.

I see you city boys don't know anything about goat pills, you shoot them in your slingshot.

Reactions: Ump
You do yoga while driving??? Yeah, you Coloradans are a helluva lot weirder than Californians......
Pfffft.. Yoga is for guys that pull doubles and drive 55... Extreme yoga is for us lcv haulers after you drop it in into Georgia over drive and watch your trip fuel average hit 295 for five minutes !! :17::smilie93c peelout:

Any inhalation hazard problem, you leave the affected area & dial 911. What you breath in might make you very sick or result in your death. No piece of freight is worth dying over. That is why the fire department has SCOTT Packs. Let them take the risk. They are trained for it. Are you real confident all you shift supervisors are fully versed in this type of incident & would respond in the proper way? Yea, I didn't think so. von.