Yellow | Hazmat Endorsement question

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
What happens if you can't renew your Hazmat? This is just a general question and doesn't pertain to me. I have heard you can work on the dock as a casual, but does this invitation last forever if you can't obtain a hazmat endorsement at renewal time? Just wanting to know the ins and outs of this scenario.

What happens if you can't renew your Hazmat? This is just a general question and doesn't pertain to me. I have heard you can work on the dock as a casual, but does this invitation last forever if you can't obtain a hazmat endorsement at renewal time? Just wanting to know the ins and outs of this scenario.

I would say treatment would vary some based on local work rules. I would check with your BA.

loosing your license usually involves a time frame at which you get your license back at its conclusion.

(most terminals will let you work dock - i.e. 90 day DUI conviction)

going for a license renewal at the last minute and not passing your hazmat test may put you out of service and working on the dock for a few days / weeks...

BUT being disqualified from having an endorsement needed for employment @ roadway = no job in that classification.

An individual I know has been charged with a crime on the disqualification list on the link above. I was wondering how he keeps his job and still works.

Where "what State"? and what kind of crime are you talking about? Some States consider a misdemeanor a "Felony".