FedEx Freight | Hazmat Paperwork

You can never be too careful with hazmat. The regulations are such that if they aren't followed to the letter from beginning to end the DOT is all too happy to fine.

And as drivers, we are the front line. It's our job to catch mistakes before they hit the road.

Thumbs up to RC for making everyone think.
Your right it is our job to check and double check, and as a former trainer, I have beaten the horse to death about pre-trips and post-trips, and checking paperwork just to watch guys grab their bills at the window and out the door they go never checking anything. Had to get 2 trailers reworked this week because of overweight, both were over 21000 loaded weight, neither trailer was weighed, and one had 7 totes and no placards. SMH wondering how these guys can go down the road and not know. We make good money doing the job we do, but some people just don't get it. Only place I've ever worked at that as long as you show up in the correct uniform and on time, it's all good.

Your right it is our job to check and double check, and as a former trainer, I have beaten the horse to death about pre-trips and post-trips, and checking paperwork just to watch guys grab their bills at the window and out the door they go never checking anything. Had to get 2 trailers reworked this week because of overweight, both were over 21000 loaded weight, neither trailer was weighed, and one had 7 totes and no placards. SMH wondering how these guys can go down the road and not know. We make good money doing the job we do, but some people just don't get it. Only place I've ever worked at that as long as you show up in the correct uniform and on time, it's all good.
I remember one night at TOL, they were loading up a Canadian pup with hazmat. The dock turned two placards before they realized that the trailer was Canadian and equipped with the wrong placards. So they filled the remaining two with US placards, but never bothered replacing the other two. Driver hooked it and pulled it all the way home like that, showing two Canadian and two US flammable 3 placards.

A scale would have had a field day.

I remember one night at TOL, they were loading up a Canadian pup with hazmat. The dock turned two placards before they realized that the trailer was Canadian and equipped with the wrong placards. So they filled the remaining two with US placards, but never bothered replacing the other two. Driver hooked it and pulled it all the way home like that, showing two Canadian and two US flammable 3 placards.

A scale would have had a field day.
Here's something I haven't thought about, picked up a trailer in Dallas one day loaded to British Colombia, all Canadian freight, no placards or hazmat, but if it does need placards, should we put U.S.placards on it or use Canadian placards. I should say the trailer was tagged out of Ontario so it was one of Canadian brother trailers.

Here's something I haven't thought about, picked up a trailer in Dallas one day loaded to British Colombia, all Canadian freight, no placards or hazmat, but if it does need placards, should we put U.S.placards on it or use Canadian placards. I should say the trailer was tagged out of Ontario so it was one of Canadian brother trailers.
Being loaded in the US, it requires US placards by law. Canada is obligated to accept US placards from a shipment originating from the US. Likewise, a shipment from Canada must have Canadian placards.

Glad to see the 289's are still being used correctly! I spent 4 years trying to make that happen.