HAZMAT TEAMS W/ELIGIBILITY FOR SECRET CLEARANCE NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Truck Drivers Wanted' started by Drive For AAT, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Drive For AAT

Drive For AAT New Member

AAT Carriers, Chattanooga TN has a few trucks open. This doesn't happen often. If you're a rockstar hazmat endorsed TEAM and can qualify for a SECRET clearance, please call Lorena at 866-888-2187 or email kat.tracy@driveforaat.com.

Starting pay .66 cpm. Average mpwk 4500-6500. 2016 KW T680s equipped with the largest bunk you can get on a 680. Trucks have built-in inverters, heated wipers, heated washer fluid, brush guards. BC/BS insurance, 401K w/company match, productivity bonus, cash rewards for doing the job right. AAT requires minimum 5 wks out. Earn 1.25 days off for every week on the road.

This is the job you've been working up to your whole driving career. Upgrade your life by upgrading to a team driving job with AAT Carriers. These company trucks won't be open long so CALL or EMAIL TODAY!

2. Drive For AAT

Drive For AAT New Member

At this time, this thread has 24 views and no replies. Just curious, what is it about this job that keeps you from replying? Thanks in advance for your honesty and help.

3. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

1) I just read them to see what the market is like.
    2) I'm local yokal now, road days are over.

Most of us here are LTL drivers.

4. Drive For AAT

Drive For AAT New Member

Thanks for the feedback, ABFer. Maybe there are a few good teams on here that might be tired of LTL, ya never know LOL! Can't blame me for trying.

ABFer, henry j and Jack Knife like this.
  5. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

I never ran team, but 5 weeks out sounds pretty extreme, or am I wrong?

30yearman and jimmy g like this.
  6. Cab Lizzard

Cab Lizzard Well-Known Member

I just can not figure out why people are not lined up at the gate for these jobs ??

7. Drive For AAT

Drive For AAT New Member

Just depends on personal preference SuperCourse. Or maybe on personal goals. We have one team that only goes home once a year because they have made up their mind to do whatever it takes to achieve a personal goal. Several of our teams stay out 3 months, some 6 weeks. AAT pays a cash bonus of $500 per driver if you run 70 days in a quarter. Doesn't have to be consecutive days,either.

8. Drive For AAT

Drive For AAT New Member

Cab Lizzard was that sarcasm or sincerity LOL? This job isn't for everyone. We're a small company in a niche specialty market. Getting feedback from you guys helps us alot.

9. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

That's cool, but you're going to be drawing from a shallow pool. Anyhow, good luck.

Drive For AAT likes this.
  10. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

As ABFer said. Most of us are LTL drivers. And best guess are "seasoned". 40 yrs old plus. My W-2 was up over 80,000 last year. home EVERY weekend by sat am 0800. Start again mon eve 1900. Plus 2 days during the week. Some are home daily. With 3 weeks vaca and bennies. With just the endorsements. Nothing in your off entices me to give that up. Just so you have an idea of who is on this site.

Try on Facebook a group called Twisted Truckers. That seems to be OTR drivers

11. henry j

henry j Banned

If it's as great as you say - why the need to advertise? People should be standing in line outside your office every day. I smell a rat.

12. henry j

henry j Banned

I guess any of us who have been in the business for a long time are just naturally skeptical. After being lied to and taken advantage of for years and years (even by those that claimed to "have your back") The old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" seems to possibly fit here.
    For me personally, if I were a lot younger and a lot closer to your location, I'd check it out.
    I've run team a few years in the past, so I know what it's all about. The big thing is what your co-driver is like. I've had good ones and bad ones. Being forced to live in a truck with another man for way more time than one spends with his own wife can be trying to say the least. Trying on both co-drivers AND the marriages of both. I've been with team operations that are always changing team co-drivers every couple weeks. I've been with co-drivers that don't believe much in personal hygiene. I've been with some that refuse to agree on anything. I've been with one that was constantly getting lost while I was in the bunk, then waking me up, saying "Where the hell are we?" I've been with some that don't have a clue on what to do about a flat tire or other breakdown and I've been with some that scared me to death with their driving. I've also been with a couple co-drivers for a long time that I enjoyed working with. It can be a good experience or a bad one. If the relationship in that truck gets bad or unfriendly, it can turn into a rolling hell. It's a lot like a marriage - finding a good partner is key. Having good company people that know or even care about what life on a sleeper team is like helps, too. All too often, they don;t have a clue.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  13. Drive For AAT

Drive For AAT New Member

No rats Henry J. There's not one lie in anything I've posted. Although I can't reveal what our freight consists of, for security reasons, let's just say that it requires a certain type of team to haul it. Those types of teams don't grow on trees. I've had more luck finding good teams on the forums than through any driver recruiting company. I'm guessing you've had at least one bad experience with a less than honest recruiter. Please don't paint us all with the same brush. I've been there and done that as a driver myself. I try very hard to be as honest and up front as our security protocols and the forum's own rules allow. We don't matchmake teams. We don't like to hire teams that aren't an established team but are also willing to talk to new partners and see how they shake out over the phone. If you'd like our recruiting website address, private message me and I'll give it to you. The forums usually don't like for us to post them. I'm sorry you've been burnt in the past to make you immediately suspicious of a good job posting. Have a blessed day and enjoy your Easter Sunday. "He is risen!"

14. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

Oh yea I have a secret haz-mat clearance endorsement. It was approved by the double secret service Now where do I apply ?

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

First of all, I only surf to this forum about once a year.

5 weeks out. Teams, and Secret Clearance. I've seen your trucks and drivers. I know what AAT stands for, and what you haul (if you are the same AAT that has truck in Denver). You're legit. I'm 63, married, grandfather- home 44 hrs every weekend.

Younger/Single, I'd be all over it. Not now. Best of luck!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017