Central Transport | Heads are rolling.....................

old_ops_guy

TB Lurker
Credits
All the big wigs from Canada showed up at PIT today. The windows of main conference room are lined with paper so nobody can see in. Rumor has it on person is already let go and more to come tonight and tomorrow.....Not sure if its CK, Hurst, KC..or maybe all. Stay tuned folks...its about to get interesting.

Meetings confirmed no intell on what's going on.
Very quiet .
Everybody is on the edge of their seats.
This is from two management sources.
Hoping I'm kept in the loop if the ax falls.

Big things happening tomorrow obviously. Several long time(many many years) top level folks are resigning tomorrow and moving on, you won't be surprised when you find out where they are going. Many have gone there already. Top level mgmt. folks ( FedEx and non FedEx mgmt folks) have been asking to be friends on Linked In with many of their counterparts at competitors. We are either shutting down the entire organization, being sold off to another carrier who will piece meal us out of existence or the last and least likely in my opinion is we are going to shut down the southeast and keep the old PJAX and original Vitran footprint.

Rick Gaetz made many poor decisions over his career at Vitran but the worst decision, the most devastating decision was his last decision. That was hiring Chris Keylon, the one man wrecking crew who is taking this ship down quickly. So sad, I have feelers out to five other LTL's and an offer from one. Looks to be time to move on. Been fun guys, let's keep in touch.

83 viewing right now....The buzzards are circling now.....We are number one on truckingboards at this very moment.....The end is near and people want to know the scoop....One more day......Put us out of our misery so we can move on....For once in the history of VITRAN....Do the right thing......Enough is enough.

Will the south do it again? Not likely. Word is Wichita and OKC on the chopping block. Dallas and Houston maybe getting it too.

Let's face it, the Canadian's are done with us. We will once again report at least a 15 million dollar 3rd Q loss and that will leave Vitran with less than 20 million cash. They are going to cut us off tomorrow is my guess. Conference windows papered over in PIT cannot be good. Get looking for work if you have not already.

87 viewing now....YRC 67........We are hot tonight. And most likely done. Update 91 now....Probably mostly LTL companies licking their chops.

I heard they are trying to go back to old pjax service area.
Take money from SE and expand old pjax area.
PIT I believe will be fine

All I can say is firing some top executives will not fix a thing. They better be ready to clean house from CK to all the losers he hired and then some.

The fact of the matter is CK stuffed V with his buddies and their buddies and relatives. After getting the news of major changes most of CK's hires will be most concerned about keeping their five weeks vacation the first year of employment and wondering if they still only have to work eight hours including lunch.

Once CK got so deep into V he took them to the point of no return. I still say if CK is gone so is V.

I wonder if we will get a video from whom ever is in charge next.