Health Insurance

Insurance sucks

This new insurance sucks they have very few providers in my area and not too many that want to get on the list. The plan was changed so that we have to pay alot more out of pocket expenses, we are union(ha ha) so the coverage should have been exactly like our other coverage at least until contract time. My Prescriptions also went up quite a bit. This is exellence in motion , or should i say exlax in motion, for you! Bunch of bull, save the company money at our expense, business as usual. And they are going to want us to contribute for this train wreck, I for one dont think my time with this dump is going to continue for much longer.

this insurance thing isn't new by any means. when i was at 02, we had a contract which (back then) had the former health insurance you had. it was supposed to be good. its so normal for nemf to switch medical benefits nearly each year to cut thier cost. i cannot see why the union allowed this into the contract. that contract should have been "binding" just like its supposed to be for new hires starting at a lower wage. the company signed the contract, but they also make sure they have the right to make changes, and your glorious union allows this.

insurance

What union? This union is only here for the benefit of mike shevell. They will do anything he wants them to do, only here to make money like the rest of the unions, teamsters included. I am also a member of the teamsters and a teamster steward at a part time job that i have they are no good either, though i would rather have the teamsters than this piece of crap IAM. The medical should have been guarenteed for the life of the contract I agree but the union and the company make the contract so vague that it is one big grey area open to interpertation at any given time or for any given reason..............

Folks,
If your having issues with the plan and prescriptions, you need to make HR aware.

Doogie,
If it's so bad at NEMF, LEAVE!!!!!! All you do is B M & C so you need to move on. Go sign on to YRC and see what that future will be............oh yea, we know. I know the long-haul carriers all have openings.........oh yea, another issue for you is you will not have your "DAY" hours of 5AM - 3PM that you currently have. There is ONE common denominator with all of the prominent LTL carriers that have closed their doors in the past 10+ years......UNION!

there is something very important here that i think is being missed WE HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE. look around at a-lot of the other industries that we del and pu from ask around many places don't even offer benefits to new hires. if they do a family plan costs somewhere around $100.00 a pay period. i'm not happy we switched it's a pia for me and my family also but i'll take it after seeing some of the alternatives

To be Fair

I must concede 1 point with the new insurance prescription plan. That is you can get a volume discount if you got for the mail order option on a 3 month prescription. The discount will reduce the out of pocket expense back down to the level we had under bc/bs.

I agree that having insurance is very important and understand the Shevells desire to save money where they can. Unfortunately without a statement from Human Resources in regard to the cost comparisons we can not really know what the increase would have been had we stayed with bc/bs.

I would have been much happier with the whole transfer if they would have let us ALL know (each division the Shevells own), what their costs are in this regard.

I would be willing to pay more per week if necessary to keep a good insurance plan in effect but I would want a little transparency from the Shevells.

I mean we are all supposed to be working together after all and the good will of the employees is a major contributor to the continued success of the companies bottom line.

Not sure about the NEMF part seeing your union

Not sure about the NEMF part seeing you guys are union organized. The Eastern Freightways division has Delta dental but no vision insurance. We have very similar pay structures and benefits packages so it might be the same.

Delta sounds a little familiar. I'm assuming only the health insurance company changed for us and not the dental.

I know the new prescription card is a sorry substitute for what we had under BC/BS. Delta Dental has been decent overall.

Not sure how good the actual medical insurance is going to be but I know the co-pays went up.

Yes

Any idea where I can find my subsciber ID number? Were we supposed to get a card or what?

Yes you were supposed to get a new medical card with all the numbers on it. You were supposed to fill out a new enrollment form prior to 12/31/07 to get your new card right away.

I know at Eastern there were alot of drivers that did not return the new forms or the ones that did had not completed all the necessary info.

If you fall into this group you should check into your Human Resources dept. at your home terminal asap and get everything filled out before you actually need the coverage and find out you are not covered.

sorry

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

As far as Delta Dental is concerned I have 1 card that was issued 6 years ago but still works.

Here is what my card has on it (it should be the same for you guys)

Delta USA
Plan type: Premier

CONTROL PLAN: New Jersey

New England Motor Freight

Submit Claims to: Delta Dental Plan of New Jersey p.o. box 222 Parsippany NJ 07054

Phone number on back is 1-800-452-9310 if you need information about your coverage

By the way If I remember correctly I had to be employed for 1 calendar year before the Dental insurance kicked in.

Ok thanks. I've got the calendar year covered, I'll have to email HR or something to try and get a card.

log onto delta dentals web site. you can print a card there!

I know what kind of boat you guys are in We have the same crappy ins over here at JEVIC and i live in new jersey and there are not alot of doctors that take this ins. I dont know how much you guys are paying but we are paying for a single guy $38.50 a week and a family pays aboyt $90.00 a week and that comes straight out of the paycheek each week but that also covers our dental and scripts we use to have BC/BS of new jersey but they said it did not covers people at our other terminals so thats why JEVIC switched to United Health care it is said to cover all of our employees at all of our terminals

Currently

Currently we are charged 40.00 per week for family medical coverage (at EFW). I do not know what our union counterparts are charged at NEMF. I believe for single coverage the rate is 20.00 and for a couple it is 30.00.
Delta Dental is (so far) gratis to us. We used to have BC/BS of NJ at no cost up until 2 years ago. Kinda sad to see that perk go as well as BC/BS.