FedEx Freight | health insurance

The bottom tier obamacare plan for 2016 is $224 per month premium with a $6500 deductible . I don't pay close to either one of those for fedex insurance. Get back to us when you have something to cry about that is actually factual.. in the meantime you can check obummercare plans and pricing at www.healthcare.gov.
The value of the coverage compares very similarly to coverage available through the State exchanges, at least my State exchange.

The value of your company provided healthcare coverage is shown on line 12-DD of your W-2. When we did this exercise back in 2015, the value shown in the box ("Choice" coverage) was $12,683.16. The below Obamacare plan, at $1004/month (pre tax credit) was almost identical when/if you include the value of the reimbursement account.

yi7Cvb0.jpg

Now then, we also had evidence of the cost to provide coverage to (UPSF) Teamster employees. That lower cost could be attributed to the "bargaining power" of the much larger group. Actually a savings to the Company/Companies.

iZvTBsC.jpg

Now, all of these numbers have gone up a bit, in a year. For example the current amount shown for FXFE in box 12 DD is $13,511.64. That number likely coincides with the similarly higher market price I'd pay to duplicate the coverage on the street.

Point of fact, our coverage CAN be duplicated on the street through Obamacare/State Exchanges at a similar cost. The difference is the fact that the company is paying/covering that (current) $13,511.64 cost/said value as part of our compensation package. The Key point that can not be discounted, is the fact that Union coverage could certainly NOT be duplicated on the street for similar cost, whether using employee cost, company cost, or the total cost..

Because they had too. Attorney general holder was in front of the Supreme Court arguing that obamacare was a tax not a service. You might recall chief justice Roberts addressing the current administration by saying and I quote " just because something becomes law dosen't mean it's a good law". The supreme Court interprets whether laws are constitutional or not, so in this situation it didn't matter who was sitting on the bench but you probably knew that already.

Yes it did matter imo their interpretation was flawed. lol

$683/mo for a gold plan covering 4 people!!!! Damn. My states' exchange, at least in my zip code, blows. Like I said, BRONZE plan for 2 people in their late 40's is $700/mo+ (currently 711.20/mo)

Looks like am supplementing a lot of other folks' premiums in CA. A least a lot more than some other states.

You seem to be confused?

Cab seems to be implying that dues aren't used as part of the political fund kitty......

Research it yourself to ease your confusion........

https://www.unionfacts.com/article/political-money/

Donations must have gotten something accomplished, it appears Obama rescinded the Beck notification rights.......

Nope not confused they can spend their money how ever they wish, no different than a fed ex worker having no control over what fed ex wastes money on a regular basis.

$683/mo for a gold plan covering 4 people!!!! Damn. My states' exchange, at least in my zip code, blows. Like I said, BRONZE plan for 2 people in their late 40's is $700/mo+ (currently 711.20/mo)

Looks like am supplementing a lot of other folks' premiums in CA. A least a lot more than some other states.

You would think the prices would be the same no matter what state you live in.

Nope not confused they can spend their money how ever they wish, no different than a fed ex worker having no control over what fed ex wastes money on a regular basis.

Other than the fact that you aren't paying the company to represent YOUR interests and views......

Other than the fact that you aren't paying the company to represent YOUR interests and views......

We have been over this before, when you pay for a service that is what you receive the service you payed for. You don't have the luxury to tell the person who preformed the service how to spend their money.

Now I am confused I thought the company had our best interests and views at heart.

I didn't say they didn't...... either way, your aren't compensating them to represent you in any way shape or form. Depending on ones views they may do a great job of supporting a persons political ideology, with no financial contribution directly from that individual....

We have been over this before, when you pay for a service that is what you receive the service you payed for. You don't have the luxury to tell the person who preformed the service how to spend their money.

I suppose it would depend on your definition of service........ some folks are demanding consumers and expect more than others I guess....

I suppose it would depend on your definition of service........ some folks are demanding consumers and expect more than others I guess....

I ship fed ex ground all the time so does it give me the right to tell fed ex how they should spend their money?

I ship fed ex ground all the time so does it give me the right to tell fed ex how they should spend their money?

If it was a question of the service they are providing you, you absolutely should give them feedback on how it Should be improved to meet your satisfaction....

Yes but this isn't what we're talking about.

If I have republican ideals and the service provider I am paying to represent me is, for the most part, using my funds to support the opposition, I shouldn't be concerned with the level of service they are providing me?

If I have republican ideals and the service provider I am paying to represent me is, for the most part, using my funds to support the opposition, I shouldn't be concerned with the level of service they are providing me?

Not if your happy with the service. Again what gives you the sense of entitlement to tell a buisness how to spend the money you paid them? I'm a shareholder of fed ex does it give me the right to tell them I don't like their anti union stance?

Not if your happy with the service. Again what gives you the sense of entitlement to tell a buisness how to spend the money you paid them? I'm a shareholder of fed ex does it give me the right to tell them I don't like their anti union stance?

The sense of entitlement comes from when the money passes from my hand to theirs.....if they aren't providing the service I expect, the money could stop......Pretty simple premise really.

As for your question, yes you absolutely have the right as a shareholder to express your opinions....

You seem to be confused?

Cab seems to be implying that dues aren't used as part of the political fund kitty......

Research it yourself to ease your confusion........

https://www.unionfacts.com/article/political-money/

Donations must have gotten something accomplished, it appears Obama rescinded the Beck notification rights.......

Fred Smith donates quite a bit to both parties too. Who do you think helped destroy the employee free choice act? FedEx flies Congressmen around on Corporate jets as if it's a personal taxi service.

http://individual-contributors.insidegov.com/l/9676178/Fred-Smith

Over $12,000,000 spent on lobbying. That's a mere fraction spent by the Teamsters, or any Unions combined.
https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=D000000089

Last edited: