FedEx Freight | health insurance

Once again, it's DRIVE money. The money is voluntarily contributed by members from their paycheck. Your propoganda conveniently leaves that part out.

I disagree....... the money comes out of dues as well........ this is from the Beck rights link within the original link.......

Reforms such as paycheck protection only cover one way that unions fund their political activities. These funds are obtained through regular union dues, and sometimes through special assessments (which were at issue in the recent Supreme Court case Knox v.SEIU). The “bottom line” dues payments made by union members can actually be split into two parts: 1) representational activities and overhead and 2) everything else.

Beck rights do possibly allow folks to opt out, but people in non-RTW states seem to be in a bad spot.....

I will put it as simply as I can.......

Fred Smith and/or FedEx is not employed to represent me......I am not directly funding their efforts in these pursuits.....

A union IS employed to represent their members, they ARE directly funding their efforts......

I am not saying that I agree or disagree with everything one or the other does......I am only saying that if I compensate someone to represent my views and they choose to do something else, I would be pretty pissed....but that's just my opinion...

Fred Smith and/or FedEx is not employed to represent me......I am not directly funding their efforts in these pursuits.....

A union IS employed to represent their members, they ARE directly funding their efforts......

I am not saying that I agree or disagree with everything one or the other does......I am only saying that if I compensate someone to represent my views and they choose to do something else, I would be pretty pissed....but that's just my opinion...
I agree....FedEx pays me for a service, how they spend their money is their prerogative.

Union members pay the union for a service, how their money is spent should be their member's prerogative.

I don't know what's so hard to understand??

I agree....FedEx pays me for a service, how they spend their money is their prerogative.

Union members pay the union for a service, how their money is spent should be their member's prerogative.

I don't know what's so hard to understand??

It's hard to understand because there is no difference in the 2.

I remember Mr Ducker saying he wanted to represent us that we didn't need a union to represent us. Whether you choose to acknowledge it all our leaders represent us. Now how can a union represent each individuals views?

Last edited:
No they pay me and I provide a service. Just like union members pay for a service and the union provides that service
Exactly....FedEx pays you to provide a service, you don't pay FedEx.

Union members pay the union, the union doesn't pay the members!!!

You don't see the difference???

So by your logic fed ex can tell us what we spend our money on also.
No because FedEx pays me to provide a service....union members pay the union for representation.

If you pay someone for representation, shouldn't you expect them to spend your money representing you and not representing themselves??

Before you respond, I understand I'm representing FedEx while I'm providing that service for which I'm compensated but once that service has ended (clocked out), I then represent myself, therefor I'm free to spend that money I earned while providing that service however I see fit.
On the other hand, if you pay the union for representation, you also agree to abide by their constitution which also applies after you've "clocked out", so shouldn't your money that you gave them for representation also be used to represent you after you've "clocked out"...in this case, represent your political beliefs??

I'm still waiting on my answer. Do you know what DRIVE is and do you even know the definition of the acronym?
What does D.R.I.V.E. have to do with the price of eggs in China??
If you believe that's the only money that the teamsters spend on political campaigns then I've got some ocean front property in Boone I'll sell ya!!

What does D.R.I.V.E. have to do with the price of eggs in China??
If you believe that's the only money that the teamsters spend on political campaigns then I've got some ocean front property in Boone I'll sell ya!!
VOLUNTARY RED the Fund is VOLUNTARY .... Do you understand that DUES pays to fund the union expenses ...
How many times must you be reminded RED...
The Teamsters buy politicians just like your hero Freddie does...
You sure seem to think you know a whole lot about the Teamsters for never having been an active involved member...
Make up some more ::shit:: with your turn around spin on it.