FedEx Freight | health insurance

VOLUNTARY RED the Fund is VOLUNTARY .... Do you understand that DUES pays to fund the union expenses ...
How many times must you be reminded RED...
The Teamsters buy politicians just like your hero Freddie does...
You sure seem to think you know a whole lot about the Teamsters for never having been an active involved member...
Make up some more :::shit::: with your turn around spin on it.
Doesn't "union expenses" include representing their members or is it just to pay for their inflated salaries and their political beliefs??
Fred isn't my hero...although he could make for a good role mode I guess.
I know enough to know that I don't want to be an active involved member...maybe back in the 50's & 60's but they're no longer needed now.
This is the no spin zone, you guys can't handle the facts/truths.

No because FedEx pays me to provide a service....union members pay the union for representation.

If you pay someone for representation, shouldn't you expect them to spend your money representing you and not representing themselves??

Before you respond, I understand I'm representing FedEx while I'm providing that service for which I'm compensated but once that service has ended (clocked out), I then represent myself, therefor I'm free to spend that money I earned while providing that service however I see fit.
On the other hand, if you pay the union for representation, you also agree to abide by their constitution which also applies after you've "clocked out", so shouldn't your money that you gave them for representation also be used to represent you after you've "clocked out"...in this case, represent your political beliefs??

Like i asked Aflifer how can a union who has thousands of members represent each persons individual views? You guys want to make this a issue sorry it's pathetic to even argue it. I feel i have lost a few iq points every time i have argue about it.

Like i asked Aflifer how can a union who has thousands of members represent each persons individual views?
It's called the “The Employee Rights Act" which is a bill being pushed by Congress that would require unions to obtain opt-in permission from their members before spending millions of dollars on left-wing politics.
You guys want to make this a issue sorry it's pathetic to even argue it. I feel i have lost a few iq points every time i have argue about it.
If that's the case, you're in the red my friend!!

Doesn't "union expenses" include representing their members or is it just to pay for their inflated salaries and their political beliefs??
I know enough to know that I don't want to be an active involved member...maybe back in the 50's & 60's but they're no longer needed now.
This is the no spin zone, you guys can't handle the facts/truths.

Inflated salaries you can't be serious, all of our upper management would probably consider those "inflated salaries" welfare wages compared to what they make.

It's called the “The Employee Rights Act" which is a bill being pushed by Congress that would require unions to obtain opt-in permission from their members before spending millions of dollars on left-wing politics.

If that's the case, you're in the red my friend!!

I know you guys are pretty pathetic to argue a non issue like it's a big deal, but i guess when you all have nothing to hang your hat on you have to stretch and argue pathetic non issues.

VOLUNTARY RED the Fund is VOLUNTARY .... Do you understand that DUES pays to fund the union expenses ...
How many times must you be reminded RED...
The Teamsters buy politicians just like your hero Freddie does...
You sure seem to think you know a whole lot about the Teamsters for never having been an active involved member...
Make up some more :::shit::: with your turn around spin on it.

Here's the last DOL report that was posted a year ago, I don't know where to find the current one but I'll try to find it and post it. This is for the Teamsters not DRIVE look at line 51

vGDsftp.jpg

FEDEX: FedEx spent $8.7 million in campaign contributions and $71 million in lobbying expenditures from 2001 to 2010. It paid a .0005 percent effective tax rate recently, actually spending 42 times as much on lobbying Congress as it did paying taxes. To do this it utilizes 21 tax havens.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/04/13/158264/tax-dodging-lobbying-congress/

Just because a company pays a low effective rate of taxes, does not mean they don't contribute/benefit the country. Tax deductions/credits are put in place to encourage participation in activities thought to benefit society as a whole. Everything from home ownership (good) to solar power (questionable) are funded through the tax code, through deductions and/or credits. I can't knock anyone for utilizing the tax code for maximum benefit. We can/should challenge the wisdom of the law makers in the manipulation of the code, in order to prop up some sectors. Ethanol subsidies come to mind...

Company provided health insurance (getting back on topic) falls into an encouraged practice, that does reduce tax liability.

We would all likely agree the long list of practices encouraged by the tax code would include a majority of items/practices unworthy of encouragement. Seems to be a lawmaker problem that need correcting, IMHO.

Which part of being a role model?

Being born with a silver spoon in his mouth by inheriting today's equivalent of $27,000,000?

Being charged with forgery to falsely obtain a two million dollar loan?

Killing a 54-year-old handyman named George C. Strughill while driving drunk and fleeing the scene afterwards?

That was not not the first time Smith was involved in a fatal car accident. During his first summer break from Yale, Smith was back in Memphis driving out to a lake with friends when he lost control of the car he was driving, causing the vehicle to flip and killing a passenger.

Maybe it was gambling the employees payroll in Las Vegas on blackjack, the uncashed payroll checks, or Pilots fueling planes with their personal credit cards to save him?

Last edited:
No because FedEx pays me to provide a service....union members pay the union for representation.

If you pay someone for representation, shouldn't you expect them to spend your money representing you and not representing themselves??

Before you respond, I understand I'm representing FedEx while I'm providing that service for which I'm compensated but once that service has ended (clocked out), I then represent myself, therefor I'm free to spend that money I earned while providing that service however I see fit.
On the other hand, if you pay the union for representation, you also agree to abide by their constitution which also applies after you've "clocked out", so shouldn't your money that you gave them for representation also be used to represent you after you've "clocked out"...in this case, represent your political beliefs??

Redracer, you are stretching facts to suit your position.

Union members pay dues in order to have qualified Representation, in dealing with the employer, NOT to represent them before Congress, or anywhere else.

Your Real Estate agent represents you in dealing with buyers/sellers and to guide in contract negotiation. Your Attorney represents you in legal matters. Your Union represents you in negotiation/enforcement of employment contracts.

Each of the above have their own interest to look after. Interests that are of concern to them, not necessarily of concern to you, or their respective clientele. When you are done representing FedEx, you should turn your attention to areas of your own concern.

I don't like the political leaning of Union leadership any more than you. But they do have a right to look after their own best interests.

Agree?

Union members pay dues in order to have qualified Representation, in dealing with the employer, NOT to represent them before Congress, or anywhere else.

Your Real Estate agent represents you in dealing with buyers/sellers and to guide in contract negotiation. Your Attorney represents you in legal matters. Your Union represents you in negotiation/enforcement of employment contracts.

Each of the above have their own interest to look after. Interests that are of concern to them, not necessarily of concern to you, or there respective clientele. When you are done representing FedEx, you should turn your attention to areas of your own concern.

I don't like the political leaning of Union leadership any more than you. But they do have a right to look after their own best interests.

Agree?

I'm sorry swampy but your wrong. Weren't we told in the beginning of this union debate by someone that "we are our union" you're comparing apples and oranges. I do not care where Fedex or my employer or my realtor spends their money. But the unions money IS my money, that organization belongs to the members, it doesn't belong to Hoffa or James Callahan or any other union official, it belongs to me and my "brothers". And I DO care what the do with my money and I should have say in it.

I'm sorry swampy but your wrong. Weren't we told in the beginning of this union debate by someone that "we are our union" you're comparing apples and oranges. I do not care where Fedex or my employer or my realtor spends their money. But the unions money IS my money, that organization belongs to the members, it doesn't belong to Hoffa or James Callahan or any other union official, it belongs to me and my "brothers". And I DO care what the do with my money and I should have say in it.

So the Union has no right to lobby for their own interest, as an entity? The truth is THE MEMBERSHIP should influence the direction or their Union. As with politics in general, MOST people do NOT pay attention and keep leadership accountable. Most people don't have a clue what's going on. This is true in Union politics, as well.

As a group/nation/populace, we (as a whole) tend to get the representation we deserve. The membership needs to speak up and revolt, if necessary. Individual views may not prevail, but consensus SHOULD prevail.

Still, I expect dues to cover representation in employment matters, not life in general.

Last edited:
So the Union has no right to lobby for their own interest, as an entity? The truth is THE MEMBERSHIP should influence the direction or their Union. As with politics in general, MOST people do NOT pay attention and keep leadership accountable. Most people don't have a clue what's going on. This is true in Union politics, as well.

As a group/nation/populace, we (as a whole) tend to get the representation we deserve. The membership needs to speak up and revolt, in necessary. Individual views may not prevail, but consensus SHOULD prevail.

Still, I expect dues to cover representation in employment matters, not life in general.

But the Union doesn't have its own interests only it's memberships. It ceases to exist without its members, it has one purpose representing its members. It is not the same as a private business or even a public one for that matter.I do agree with your premise that we get the representation we deserve.

Each of the above have their own interest to look after. Interests that are of concern to them, not necessarily of concern to you, or their respective clientele. When you are done representing FedEx, you should turn your attention to areas of your own concern.

Agree?
I'll have to respectfully disagree...as you probably expected.

Agreed, union members pay dues for representation (I question the qualified part) in dealing with their employer and their money shouldn't be spent on Congress or any where else, only in representing them in dealing with their employer...their money being spent elsewhere is a clear cut example of mis-representation. I agree with JD, the union doesn't exist without its members and since unions are allegedly "non-profit", all monies should be spent on or representing their members.

Your Realtor/Attorney analogy is flawed...yes, both are paid by me to represent me but their services are done once the transaction/case has been finalized...I don't continue to pay for their services after I move in/acquitted. Under this analogy, members would pay the union their dues to represent them in organizing and once organized, their services would no longer be needed, such as the Realtor/Attorney, and the dues would no longer be paid.

I agree, the union, FedEx, etc..., has the right to look out for their best interest as long as it's done with their money, NOT mine or their members.