FedEx Freight | health insurance

Seems EX understands how a buisness works. You should educate yourself how one works.

A union isn't a business and let's let Ex speak for his self. I find it interesting that you guys think EX is the biggest union busting moron on the planet until you think it will help you. Tell me this, who does the money the union has belong to?

Closed shop states for one thing....

But you you would support "voting with your feet" in the hypothetical situation?

No such thing...goes back to you have no right to tell a buisness what to spend their money on. Even in closed shop your free to seek employment else where.

A union isn't a business and let's let Ex speak for his self. I find it interesting that you guys think EX is the biggest union busting moron on the planet until you think it will help you. Tell me this, who does the money the union has belong to?

The fact you don't know a union is a business says everything they are not a non profit what would you call them??

No product---No purpose. They represent working people, If that is not a product or purpose.........What The Hell Is?

Yes they are supposed to represent working people, with those peoples money and those peoples interest at heart, they have no money of their own it's our money they are not free to do with it as they please. It is not the same as somebody else that you pay for a service, it becomes their money and they are free to do with it as they wish. This is all an elaborate ruse to change the subject away from corruption. By pretending that they have a right to do what they want with money that is not theirs.

They are not a business period. They are a non profit they have no product they have one purpose, the interests of their membership. Read this; https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Other-Non-Profits/Labor-and-Agricultural-Organizations

http://www.answers.com/Q/Are_labor_unions_nonprofit_or_for_profit_corporations

Ok your link says they are neither non or profit, where does it say they aren't a buisness? Do you even read the links you post? It says in your link legally they can lobby ppoliticians. /end of argument

For a business I agree, but a union isn't a business no matter how much people want to pretend it is. I/we the members own the union, it's our money it our interests it's supposed to represent. Anyone else who I pay has their own interests outside of what I'm paying them for and that's none of my business. A union doesn't have Interests except for its members and what's best for them. It's not the same as a plumber or a lawyer or a realtor.

I have got to respectfully disagree. They certainly are a business in the sense that they provide a service to their customers in exchange for a fee with the intention of earning a profit. If you think the "members own the union" try selling your ownership share to a co-worker. They utilize your money to allow them to do whatever they deem necessary to attract and retain members while they earn a living doing so.

I pay my lawyer or plumber or whatever for a service, the money I pay them becomes their money and I don't care what the do with it, it's not my money anymore it's theirs. The unions money IS my money they have no interests or goals except the interest of the membership. They don't exist except to serve us. A lawyer plumber realtor, whatever has other interests with THIER money.

Call them a lawyer/agent on retainer then. The service is ongoing as long as you continue to pay. They unions' money WAS your money, their goals are not the interest of the membership. Their goal is to make money providing a service the membership is interested in. If you think it's your money, try withdrawing "your money".

Ok your link says they are neither non or profit, where does it say they aren't a buisness? Do you even read the links you post? It says in your link legally they can lobby ppoliticians. /end of argument

I certainly did read my links and the second one clearly states "They are neither nonprofit or for profit, but they are non-for-profit" Heres another link to a list of several locals; http://www.guidestar.org/PartnerSearchResults.aspx?partner=justgive&keywords=teamster%20local
every one of them are a 501(c)(5) NOT FOR PROFIT.

"they have no money of their own it's our money they are not free to do with it as they please. It is not the same as somebody else that you pay for a service, it becomes their money and they are free to do with it as they wish. This is all an elaborate ruse to change the subject away from corruption. By pretending that they have a right to do what they want with money that is not theirs.

They have the right to do whatever they wish with the money as long as they follow the laws that allow them to maintain their tax status with the IRS. It's not about whether the money is yours or theirs, rather, it's a matter of whether or not that profit/loss is taxable by the IRS.

A union isn't a business and let's let Ex speak for his self. I find it interesting that you guys think EX is the biggest union busting moron on the planet until you think it will help you.

Did I miss a question directed at me somewhere, or is someone putting words in my mouth? Interesting observation ;)

I have got to respectfully disagree. They certainly are a business in the sense that they provide a service to their customers in exchange for a fee with the intention of earning a profit. If you think the "members own the union" try selling your ownership share to a co-worker. They utilize your money to allow them to do whatever they deem necessary to attract and retain members while they earn a living doing so.

I appreciate you candor, I understand they are operated as a business but they do not have the goals of a business. When I pay my lawyers retainer it becomes his money to do with as he pleases. It ceases to be my money. When my dues go to a union its still mime and my "brothers" money, I fully aware that I can not get that money back nor am I suggesting I should be able to. I am saying that unlike my lawyer who is free to do as he see fit with "his" money and I have nor should have no say in what he does with it. The unions money IS "our" money and they should be held accountable to those who trusted it to them. At no point does the money in the unions account become "theirs" there is no "their" just "us". If a union official takes money that's not his from them union account and uses it for his own gain that's illegal, that money should be used to further the interests of the members not of itself. because it has no identity except that of its membership.

They have the right to do whatever they wish with the money as long as they follow the laws that allow them to maintain their tax status with the IRS. It's not about whether the money is yours or theirs, rather, it's a matter of whether or not that profit/loss is taxable by the IRS.

No what this was really about was making excuses for union leadership misusing members money and looking for a way to excuse it. I really can't see where it not the members money.

Did I miss a question directed at me somewhere, or is someone putting words in my mouth? Interesting observation ;)

No CT was trying to use you to further his agenda, I pointed out that you could do that yourself. And that I found it interesting that he and his side hate you and everything you say until it helps them. You and I could debate all night and part friends, they aren't capable of that.

I appreciate you candor, I understand they are operated as a business but they do not have the goals of a business. When I pay my lawyers retainer it becomes his money to do with as he pleases. It ceases to be my money. When my dues go to a union its still mime and my "brothers" money, I fully aware that I can not get that money back nor am I suggesting I should be able to. I am saying that unlike my lawyer who is free to do as he see fit with "his" money and I have nor should have no say in what he does with it. The unions money IS "our" money and they should be held accountable to those who trusted it to them. At no point does the money in the unions account become "theirs" there is no "their" just "us". If a union official takes money that's not his from them union account and uses it for his own gain that's illegal, that money should be used to further the interests of the members not of itself. because it has no identity except that of its membership.

Semantics. It is "theirs" in the sense that they get to choose, within applicable laws, how to spend it. No different than the lawyer. One difference is that a lawyer isn't required to tell you how they spent it, while the union is, but the purchaser of services doesn't get to tell either one HOW to spend it.

If you aren't happy with what the union is doing with your money (I wouldn't be) you are free to take a withdrawal card. I did almost 30 years ago :)

We'll just have to agree to disagree on whose money it is.

No such what?

Funny, how it's ok to remind me of my right to seek employment elsewhere in this case.....seems like that choice would be construed as infringing upon my rights in different circumstances....

How would that be? Someone wou
I certainly did read my links and the second one clearly states "They are neither nonprofit or for profit, but they are non-for-profit" Heres another link to a list of several locals; http://www.guidestar.org/PartnerSearchResults.aspx?partner=justgive&keywords=teamster%20local
every one of them are a 501(c)(5) NOT FOR PROFIT.

Well then why are you still arguing your wrong but won't admit it like always. They are a buisness sorry. One of the largest companies in the world is considered non profit but they rake in 9 billion a year go figure.

How would that be? Someone wou

Well then why are you still arguing your wrong but won't admit it like always. They are a buisness sorry. One of the largest companies in the world is considered non profit but they rake in 9 billion a year go figure.

Call them a business if you want, you calling me wrong doesn't make me wrong. The bottom line is, I pay them to represent me and if they're using my money for illegal things I have a problem with it.