FedEx Freight | health insurance

Call them a business if you want, you calling me wrong doesn't make me wrong. The bottom line is, I pay them to represent me and if they're using my money for illegal things I have a problem with it.

Fair enough but your first link says they can lobby politicians legally so your point is mute.

Fair enough but your first link says they can lobby politicians legally so your point is mute.

Yes they can I never disputed that. And they should lobby politicians for the Interests of the members. However they should be representing the members interests and not their own. And they certainly don't have a right to misuse out money which I believe we were talking about when this originally started. If I remember correctly you said they can do what they want with "their" money as long as they represent you in a contract.

JD4020, curious how you distinguish between "their" interests and "your" interests.

Almost exclusively supporting democrats when the members don't exclusively feel that way. They do it under the guise of the democrats having the best interest of the working man at heart when a lot of us don't feel that way. However I'm more concerned with them doing illegal things with the members money.

Yes they can I never disputed that. And they should lobby politicians for the Interests of the members. However they should be representing the members interests and not their own. And they certainly don't have a right to misuse out money which I believe we were talking about when this originally started. If I remember correctly you said they can do what they want with "their" money as long as they represent you in a contract.

No never said that I said they can do whatever with their money as long as it's legal.

No never said that I said they can do whatever with their money as long as it's legal.

Actually on October 3rd 2015 page 328 of the union debate thread you said in response to @runawaytrain when he was talking about union corruption;

No im not kidding you, no different than any other place sorry. Even if they are corrupt as long as im getting what I payed for I could care less where the money goes and further more it's really none of my business where it goes because I received the service I payed for. I could name you multiple businesses that I think are corrupt.

Sounds to me you don't care if its legal or not.

Actually on October 3rd 2015 page 328 of the union debate thread you said in response to @runawaytrain when he was talking about union corruption;

Sounds to me you don't care if its legal or not.

Wrong when you or him show proof of your allegations I will believe it until late then it's just 2 people who are pathetic in their attempts to undermine the teamsters. Now your changing what this argument is all about it has always been brought up by red and the rest of the gang about them lobbying politicians and that's what this is about the teamsters spending money to lobby.

Here you go JD since you can't ever keep up with what anyone is talking about after af posted this then the debate started.

No no no, we've been debating this a lot longer than that, that might have rekindled it but it's been debated many times over. I posted earlier your response to Jim talking about "illegal and immoral acts" and you said nothing about that being wrong. Look your wrong you can't admit as usual but I will give you credit you just keep up your crap until I get tired of arguing then you think you won. I'll say it one more time for your benefit. The unions don't have their own money just the members money, if they do anything with that money besides represent the membership that's wrong. How hard is that to understand?
I'm done arguing with a wall you can have the last word as usual and continue thinking you won something you are a waste of time.

No no no, we've been debating this a lot longer than that, that might have rekindled it but it's been debated many times over. I posted earlier your response to Jim talking about "illegal and immoral acts" and you said nothing about that being wrong. Look your wrong you can't admit as usual but I will give you credit you just keep up your crap until I get tired of arguing then you think you won. I'll say it one more time for your benefit. The unions don't have their own money just the members money, if they do anything with that money besides represent the membership that's wrong. How hard is that to understand?
I'm done arguing with a wall you can have the last word as usual and continue thinking you won something you are a waste of time.

So your bringing up something that was argued about last year and claiming that's what we're debating now. Classic like I said pops if you can't keep up with the topic at hand why try to debate? It's not about having the last word it's about be right and your not.

The unions don't have their own money just the members money, if they do anything with that money besides represent the membership that's wrong. How hard is that to understand?

"Anything" is quite a broad sweeping term. There are plenty of things the union can do with the dues money it collects that doesn't "represent the membership", however they do have to tell you after the fact. ;)

Certainly. Not our government, though. They have little concern about the profitability or sustainability of any of their endeavors. Churches? Yes, certainly a business, albeit one that can have a more noble purpose.

. One of the largest companies in the world is considered non profit but they rake in 9 billion a year go figure.
First off the NFL is exempt from the anti trust laws. Thus allowing them to operate as a non profit while making billions. Please compare apples to apples.

Like what?

Employees and Officers wages, new cars for the BA's, new $15,000 desk for the office, new 90" big screen for the hall, "charitable contributions" and other veiled lobbying efforts, etc. You may wish to argue that somehow those things are for the benefit of the membership, but I'd argue that your BA can travel to your barn in a 2010 Lincoln Town Car just as well as he can in a 2016. That they can sit behind a $800 office desk as well as a $15K desk, etc.

In a sense, they aren't asking for your permission, only occasionally for your forgiveness.

Employees and Officers wages, new cars for the BA's, new $15,000 desk for the office, new 90" big screen for the hall, "charitable contributions" and other veiled lobbying efforts, etc. You may wish to argue that somehow those things are for the benefit of the membership, but I'd argue that your BA can travel to your barn in a 2010 Lincoln Town Car just as well as he can in a 2016. That they can sit behind a $800 office desk as well as a $15K desk, etc.

In a sense, they aren't asking for your permission, only occasionally for your forgiveness.

Interesting, I forgot when I read this that we were disagreeing. I do not wish to argue that those things are for the benefit of the members, because they're not. I realize all of those things happen and I'm against them also. My BA drives a new Silverado every two years and I've questioned why we can't wear the truck out instead of trading it off when it has a lot of life left. Everything you pointed out goes to what I was saying, stop spending OUR money on stupid stuff.

You and I finding what they do with the money to be "wrong" doesn't change ownership of the money. That's what we were disagreeing on, ownership. Not whether they were doing right/wrong or good/bad with it. My point is that if the money was "your money" you would be able to control what they did with "your money". I know I control what I do with mine. Once I give it to somebody else, I no longer have control on what they do with it.