R&L | Heard a Rumor

Hopefully that is true!!! Harry went back to New Century and flipped out when he seen what was going on with his company. Time to get rid of all these people collecting free paychecks!!!! Hopefully he will look out for his number 1 asset, us drivers!!!!!!

As i have posted in the past who is really running this place?????? Hope that rumor is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The current Pres. of the company is a complete idiot just a fall guy for Jr. and Roby hope the old man does take charge and moves this company in the right direction again. My own conspiacy theory is they are trying to copy the "Dugans" start a new company with lower wages and benefits and sell the other company for a nice profit......

As i have posted in the past who is really running this place?????? Hope that rumor is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The current Pres. of the company is a complete idiot just a fall guy for Jr. and Roby hope the old man does take charge and moves this company in the right direction again. My own conspiacy theory is they are trying to copy the "Dugans" start a new company with lower wages and benefits and sell the other company for a nice profit......

Yea, thats a great conspiracy theory!!!! Sell it for a huge profit !!!! I guess you haven't figured out they already have more money than they could ever spend...One thing we agree on, I hope the rumor is true!!!

Well Guys and Gals, we were in a meeting in the Newark New Jersey Terminal Friday, and was told by the TM there will be some Layoffs however, 5 employees company wide have been layed off, there was a Dockworker bumped down and the cleanup man who cleans the terminal during the days took his spot (dock) worker.

Let's just count our blessings and hang in there....

I think if Sr comes into the picture thats great but what is wrong with rl now I think the economy sucks not us. I heard conway is closing 15 terminals and yrc laidoff 3750 people. We all have alot to worry about but I think others have more negitive on there plate than us. My check cashed and I got 47 hours last week

I hope that this is a true Rumor. We need to stick in there the sun will be there at the end of this ride. I love my job yes there is some things that get to me but anywhere we go things will still get to us.I'm in it for the long haul I am not looking to start over just move ahead and make good money and see us as R&L be the top dog in the LTL.Why not want the best for the place that we work.:1036316054:

Well Guys and Gals, we were in a meeting in the Newark New Jersey Terminal Friday, and was told by the TM there will be some Layoffs however, 5 employees company wide have been layed off, there was a Dockworker bumped down and the cleanup man who cleans the terminal during the days took his spot (dock) worker.

Let's just count our blessings and hang in there....

12 in miami.6 city and 6 linehaul!

How many total drivers did you guys have before layoffs and what is the number of bills out for delivery each day????

200 company wide...........gone, this includes all departments. Due to the freight bills being down & slow economy. Every location is being evaluated. If a terminal is not paying for it's self the labor force is being reduced.

Big news today. Tractor speeds being reduced again.
All City & L/H 65 mph , all sleepers 68 mph.

200 company wide...........gone, this includes all departments. Due to the freight bills being down & slow economy. Every location is being evaluated. If a terminal is not paying for it's self the labor force is being reduced.

Big news today. Tractor speeds being reduced again.
All City & L/H 65 mph , all sleepers 68 mph.

How true is that about the speed?First that I've heard that.It is what it is.

I heard the speed deal to. 63 on the peddle and 65 on the cruise. Whatever. Longest time I'm on any superslip is 70 miles... It's not the 3 extra minutes it cost you to get from A to B its the point you can't pass grandma putting along at 64.5... I guess set it at 62, use the extra to pass if you do catch someone....

I heard the speed deal to. 63 on the peddle and 65 on the cruise. Whatever. Longest time I'm on any superslip is 70 miles... It's not the 3 extra minutes it cost you to get from A to B its the point you can't pass grandma putting along at 64.5... I guess set it at 62, use the extra to pass if you do catch someone....
That's how are Singles have been setup since they turned them down ,when they put them on line haul they never turned em back up. Try using one on a 500 + Mile line haul run it SUCKS

Well this is just great, we're already working for 5-8 cents per mile less than the competition.
Now we get to driver slower and work longer for less money!!

I have serious doubts whether the Roberts still own this place in couple of years.
Obama's gonna make it too much of a PITA to be in business. Card check means union, like it or not.
Carbon cap and trade means we'll be charged for every gallon of fuel we burn.
And regulations are on their way back in on the trucking business.

Ain't life grand!