Holland | Heard this from a 4 month newbie to me a 25 yr man

LEGCHECK53

TB Lurker
Credits
The newbie told me that Holland payed for his truck driving school about $6,000 he signed a 9 month contract to work for a least 9 months or have to pay it back:wtflol: he said he checked about going to abf they told him to come back in 9 months with no accidents and they would hire him with full pay no probation and benefits over $24 to start he is only making $18 now I told him that sounds like a no brainer also if that's true I might just follow him also I told him we were just shy of $24 an hour back in 2009 he said that's hard for him to believe I told him I save my stubs and I would look one up and show him what we made Holland needs to hire some of the management people back that we had in the old tnt days they really new how to run the place I don't think they have anybody left from them days this was a billion dollar company back then if they would just figure it out they could dominate the industry like the old days back then customers told me we were the highest rates out there but they did not care cause we were so good at service and hardly any damage now look at us they can't even get it here to Indiana from iowa overnight what a shame when I hired on 25 yrs ago I had to call every week for 4 months trying to get hired on with a clean record now I they will hire you if you can breath I guess I'm just getting bitter in my old age this is just my 2 cents if it's worth anything lets stay strong brothers and sisters

Newbie dudes got the world handed to them , like FULL pay after only 30 days & we had to work 3 yrs and they can just walk in off the street & get a job handed to them & are shiftless slow workers , in 2019 IF they don't match the higher Non-union pay scale , don't know how they will stay in business with not be able to hire driver's at the lowest pay in trucking ........r.i.p.

when I hired on it was 18 months to top pay you got a raise every 6 months I don't now if I could do 3 years to top I think if it happens in 09 I done with trucking I might be a wally world greeter this might be less stressfull

when I hired on it was 18 months to top pay you got a raise every 6 months I don't now if I could do 3 years to top I think if it happens in 09 I done with trucking I might be a wally world greeter this might be less stressfull
You could always join my partner and I running part time sleeper, on weekends.

Newbie dudes got the world handed to them , like FULL pay after only 30 days & we had to work 3 yrs and they can just walk in off the street & get a job handed to them & are shiftless slow workers , in 2019 IF they don't match the higher Non-union pay scale , don't know how they will stay in business with not be able to hire driver's at the lowest pay in trucking ........r.i.p.
I'm all for a brother getting to full scale as fast as possible. Just because it took me 3 years doesn't mean its a good thing for others to have to do the same. I'm all for a brother having air and power steering in his tractor even though I had to do without. We won those things in contracts over the years so that working conditions can get better. Don't wish it to go back because there are far too many in management wishing it would.

I'm all for a brother getting to full scale as fast as possible. Just because it took me 3 years doesn't mean its a good thing for others to have to do the same. I'm all for a brother having air and power steering in his tractor even though I had to do without. We won those things in contracts over the years so that working conditions can get better. Don't wish it to go back because there are far too many in management wishing it would.

You have just identified the biggest problem with union members, the "it sucked for me, it should suck for you" attitude.

Why not, "that sucked for me, how can we fix it so it doesn't suck so bad in the future?"

Ummm..are you Donna??? Didn't think so.....Coop requires an extensive background check and probation period.

You have to hit ten bridges and drive on at least five boardwalks in a 30 day period...
I heard you have to do that 15 mph thing while driving through a residential area, all while eating popcorn too?

When I started in 1955, my pay was same as a 20 year veteran, I would not wish on anyone the working conditions of the 50s and early 60s, do the same work, you should draw the same pay.
I never had PS from 1955-1990.

I hear Coop allows a waiver on the sand trap driving if you don't complain about the 15% pay reduction
Coop drivers go through some of the toughest driving,and knowledge tests just to get an interview for a job. Here are some test questions.

1. Which end of the trailer is the kingpin located?

A. Just in front of the rear trailer axle.
B. Directly behind the rear axle.
C. In front of the trailer fuel tank.
D. It connects to the red air line.
E. Both A and C.

2. How many letters are in the word Coop.

A. 6
B. 3
C. 4 or 5
D. More than 1.

3. Your flatbed trailer is 13’ 6” high and you come up on a bridge marked, low clearance, 14’ 0”. What should you do?

A. You have to call Wong for anything less than 15’.
B. Send Dave a picture via text and wait for instructions.
C. Turn around and back under the bridge.
D. Drop your trailer,hook to the other end, then drive in the other direction.

4. The fuel gauge needle is pointing on the quarter mark. The secondary
air gauge needle is on the 50 lb mark. You also hear an audible
Buzzer. What does this mean?

A. You are 3/4 from being on the full mark.
B. You only have 50 pounds of pressure in the fuel tank.
C. Your getting close to a boardwalk.
D. The air system needs summer air added to it.

Coop drivers go through some of the toughest driving,and knowledge tests just to get an interview for a job. Here are some test questions.

1. Which end of the trailer is the kingpin located?

A. Just in front of the rear trailer axle.
B. Directly behind the rear axle.
C. In front of the trailer fuel tank.
D. It connects to the red air line.
E. Both A and C.

2. How many letters are in the word Coop.

A. 6
B. 3
C. 4 or 5
D. More than 1.

3. Your flatbed trailer is 13’ 6” high and you come up on a bridge marked, low clearance, 14’ 0”. What should you do?

A. You have to call Wong for anything less than 15’.
B. Send Dave a picture via text and wait for instructions.
C. Turn around and back under the bridge.
D. Drop your trailer,hook to the other end, then drive in the other direction.

4. The fuel gauge needle is pointing on the quarter mark. The secondary
air gauge needle is on the 50 lb mark. You also hear an audible
Buzzer. What does this mean?

A. You are 3/4 from being on the full mark.
B. You only have 50 pounds of pressure in the fuel tank.
C. Your getting close to a boardwalk.
D. The air system needs summer air added to it.

I can see why only 1 out of every 85 applicants are selected by Coop for employment.
This test is flawed and has trick questions, for example.
Question # 1 any dummie knows all Coop's trailers have kingpins at each end.
Question #2 What type Coop are they referring to?
Question # 3 Correct answer should be, maintain 15 mph, throw all caution to the wind,
call Coop Dispatch for PO# for tow truck.
Question #4 A- 3/4 from being full or empty, no choice
D. You should never add summer air to the braking system, it should always be replaced July 4th or near as possible.
Another thing, Wong should be called anytime sheep are seen congregating in a suspicious manner.

Ummm..are you Donna??? Didn't think so.....Coop requires an extensive background check and probation period.

You have to hit ten bridges and drive on at least five boardwalks in a 30 day period...

hdRgryR.jpg

Big Dave spotted leaving Coop HQ for New Jersey to replenish equipment....

When I started in 1955, my pay was same as a 20 year veteran, I would not wish on anyone the working conditions of the 50s and early 60s, do the same work, you should draw the same pay.
I never had PS from 1955-1990.
Question?
Are you able to move your arms now or are your rotator cuffs tore up?
Legit question.

Question?
Are you able to move your arms now or are your rotator cuffs tore up?
Legit question.
About 6 yrs ago had arthroscopic on left rotator and bicep tendon, no fall or injury, just happened
I have 100% use and movement now, less strenth, but that could be old age.

I thought it it would be worse.
I have one good cuff and one with a 20% tear. Gona leave it till it gets really bad where I can't stand it.
Good to hear you have use. Especially after all those years. It does take a toll.

I thought it it would be worse.
I have one good cuff and one with a 20% tear. Gona leave it till it gets really bad where I can't stand it.
Good to hear you have use. Especially after all those years. It does take a toll.

I also waited until I couldn't stand the pain.
Doctor said I probably would not have full movement, but i was very fortunate there.