Heat

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Guys and girls, watch the heat, drink plenty of water, your old fat mod got in trouble wed, I was on a 363 case delivery in the heat of the day and about case 170 I started getting chills while standing in the sun, then I stopped sweating, it all happened at once.

This was stop 5, I was working on my 2nd gallon of water of the day, so it can getcha at any time!

I stopped what I was doing and drank more and cooled off, and then took a snails pace, no one had to come get me, although in hindsight, I should have said something, I went to bed shortly after I got home, I couldn't get up, I started at 0600, prolly in trouble for that but at least I worked.

So today I dicked the dog and took it easy, I still felt like crap, and still do as I type this, I prolly should have shut it down and said something, man pride can get ya hurt pretty quick, I just need to get through tomorrow and relax the weekend, we have no plans.

Just be careful my friends, 107 is the heat index tomorrow!

I usually bring a gallon of water, with me to work, when I was a caddie 13 years ago we had a kid pass out from heat exhaustion. His nickname around the caddy shake became "Heat Stroke" They called him "Stroke" for short. Caddies are not very understanding or tolerant people.

I hate the summer.
1) With school out its impossible for me to know for sure which girls are safe to look at
2) Once I get hot I have a heck of a time cooling down. "But you work in a big refrigerator". I think the back and forth temp swing actually makes it worse for me. Water, water, water, but I still think I only peed once today.
3) The heat kills my appetite, but my energy needs remain the same. Eating when working this hard in the heat makes me want to (and once in a while I do)puke, but if I don't take in enough calories I start getting lightheaded/shaky/etc. I've been living mostly on shakes, Pepsi and fruit during the day, only eating at night after work.
4) All the sweating starts giving me this weird diaper rash type chafing down under. Smearing your taint with Vaseline and spraying it with sunburn spray shouldn't have to be part of anyone's after work routine.

Glad to hear you're ok. Heat stroke can come on fast. I get the "man pride" thing though as I'm too stupid to call for help/go to the Dr myself. Gotta be careful though.

I hate the summer.
1) With school out its impossible for me to know for sure which girls are safe to look at
2) Once I get hot I have a heck of a time cooling down. "But you work in a big refrigerator". I think the back and forth temp swing actually makes it worse for me. Water, water, water, but I still think I only peed once today.
3) The heat kills my appetite, but my energy needs remain the same. Eating when working this hard in the heat makes me want to (and once in a while I do)puke, but if I don't take in enough calories I start getting lightheaded/shaky/etc. I've been living mostly on shakes, Pepsi and fruit during the day, only eating at night after work.
4) All the sweating starts giving me this weird diaper rash type chafing down under. Smearing your taint with Vaseline and spraying it with sunburn spray shouldn't have to be part of anyone's after work routine.

Glad to hear you're ok. Heat stroke can come on fast. I get the "man pride" thing though as I'm too stupid to call for help/go to the Dr myself. Gotta be careful though.

Diddo, I only eat like once a day when I get home usually it takes a minute, but once I sit down for a few minutes, I get really hungry, I certainly do eat a lot less and some days I don't use the bathroom till after I get home.

I'm fine, I felt like poop on Thursday, but I just took it easy and screwed the pooch all day, Friday I got lucky, I didn't have the Embassy Suites, so I only had just shy of 800 cases, about midday Friday I started feeling like my old self and picked up the pace. I had 2 gallons of water on Friday and didn't pee till I got back to the yard at around 1600.

I think it was the delivery I was on, 3 plus hours, and it was super hot wed, at least I caught it and slowed down before I fell out completely.

That's got to be a lot of cases a 3 hour delivery that's a lot of work.

363, problem is its the Cheesecake Factory, stuff goes all over the place, paper here, soda syrup here, chemicals there, cheesecakes stacked a special way, plus you go down the trailer ramp, make a left, then right, then up a ramp, make a left, up another ramp then right and there is the door, everything they get is heavy, great folks, I love all of them, but a terrible delivery stop. I have done that stop since they opened and I cant seem to get away from it, every bid I ever had has them at least one day..LOL.

Two words for Lazlo-boxer briefs.

I take extra time checking the load in the freezer on super hot days. Sometimes my eyesight gets affected and I have to climb in the freezer section to be sure the DC loaded the right route.

Guardrail

Awww this thread is making me hot and sweaty as I read this lol. Sounds brutal being out there throwing cases in the sun. GT number 1 thing take care of yourself man. I Don't want to hear anything bad happened to you because your to damn stubborn. Man pride? I didn't think you had any left lol.

Every once in a while I do miss dealing with customers. I sometimes miss doing groceries. But Then I snap my self out of it and realize how much better I feel. There is 1 job that I will do that involves throwing cases. It's doing chips. My buddy was offered a job twice for that union tater chip company. He turned them down both times to. If I wouldn't have came to Saia I would be beating down there door right now. They went thru 80 applicants and couldn't find one person besides my buddy. But I don't want to imagine how hot it gets in those chip trailers

Awww this thread is making me hot and sweaty as I read this lol. Sounds brutal being out there throwing cases in the sun. GT number 1 thing take care of yourself man. I Don't want to hear anything bad happened to you because your to damn stubborn. Man pride? I didn't think you had any left lol.

Every once in a while I do miss dealing with customers. I sometimes miss doing groceries. But Then I snap my self out of it and realize how much better I feel. There is 1 job that I will do that involves throwing cases. It's doing chips. My buddy was offered a job twice for that union tater chip company. He turned them down both times to. If I wouldn't have came to Saia I would be beating down there door right now. They went thru 80 applicants and couldn't find one person besides my buddy. But I don't want to imagine how hot it gets in those chip trailers

Yea buddy, I got a little man pride left, I also have my manhood in tact unlike you after that short stint in prison you did...lol!!

I almost called you yesterday, I was worried you would be sleeping though, let me know your hours that your up!!!

I was up pretty much all day yesterday. I have my boy so I don't really sleep Saturday

I was in prison? Hmm I don't remember that

Nope. But now your gonna get your ass kicked. Good thing you live down there.

Come on down Sister, this old man won't go quietly, you will most likely get it done but you will know you been in a scrap. I won't hold any hard feelings heck Dianna will even make her famous parmesan crusted chicken, it is really good.

Hmm it sounds good. She must be a good cook

That woman can make a box of hamburger helper taste good, she is a really good cook, in fact I feel guilty asking her to cook because she works, she knows I feel guilty too, so most times she will just do it because she knows how much I enjoy it.

Man you really turned this thread around...LOL!