Yellow | Hello Akron! We need fuel cards at 511

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I've been running with no fuel card for months. It makes it very difficult and frustrating to get fuel. I work for a fortune 500 company that cant provide me with an essential item to do my job. Wonder if they are running out of printer ink in the office too? The solution to this problem is to issue every driver their OWN fuel card. The excuse is we are losing them, but noone is keeping track or being made responsible.

what i did on my last run was write everything down on a piece of paper before leaving 511. comdata #, truck #, etc... then just hand this over to fuel desk clerk. apparently lots of people do this

what is so stupid about it (and I know how its been working) is that just entering a card number means that anyone can just enter a card number and fuel up their vehicle. I wonder how many gallons of fuel are going in other people's vehicles. The way it is supposed to work, if you lose your card, is they put the card into lost status and you have to give the fuel person your drivers licensce number. Roadway is supposed to have the info entered in the computer so it matches. It is in their best interest to have us all using actual cards. This is just my opinion of course.

My last trip out the card kept going over the allowed dollar limit. I'm not sure what this is. I think it may be $1000 a day or something? I had to call in at every fuel stop and waste my time and the dispatcher's time getting another card number that worked and still had credit on it. This was stupid too because the way it is supposed to work they authorize the fuel stop so you can pay for the fuel instead of just looking on their list for another card. I dunno, the whole thing boggles my mind and is so stupid. Every other terminal is not having this issue or I'm sure someone would have chimed in.

If we don't have fuel cards, why don't they just go back to having a fuel card for everyone at every TA? That system seemed to work perfect. One TA in Big Spring makes us use their in house account because the way Roadway gives us the Comdata number is wrong. That works too. If we had any balls as Teamsters we wouldn't be fueling anything!

I didn't realize until recently that the TA at Big Spring did this. I like that system way better. Do they do that because only R55 goes thru there? The tomahawk only fueled 1 tank on my last trip and it was a pain in the a$$ to get refueled because they had to call comdata and explain why we were fueling twice in one stop.

Yeah, I didn't realize you were new. Welcome! 44magnum is the only other driver I know from DFW. Glad to have you here too.

I didn't realize until recently that the TA at Big Spring did this. I like that system way better. Do they do that because only R55 goes thru there? The tomahawk only fueled 1 tank on my last trip and it was a pain in the a$$ to get refueled because they had to call comdata and explain why we were fueling twice in one stop.
We used to have a comdata card for everyone at every TA, but they got this bright idea that they would give us all a card on every trip. I haven't lost my motel card in the years I've been here so why should a fuel card be any different. I can't say for sure, but all the TA's I believe have access to the "in house account." Yellow has this too. I was at a TA down in McAllen I believe and I just said, "f#!@ it!, charge it to Yellow's account if Roadway's doesn't work." It ended up working. I was in a daycab and they had me running all over down south there for a few days and was running low on fuel. The jerkoff in Laredo only gave me 20 gallons. I told him to fill it up. Ahh, the hastles of getting fuel and we don't even get paid for it anymore. Well 15mins...

This is the the way i see it, eather you call your home termanal & or breakdown & tell them the problem, let them FIX it! No longer "YOUR" problem!!!!
(Could say MORE, but would be banned)

Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Never forget when i worked city / linehaul b/4 i came to the road. Working linehaul, dispatch would say FUEL 800, i would still top it off. Its all about stupid numbers, if you put fuel in elswhere it dosn't go against your home termanals numbers, they make there numbers look better by not giving YOU the proper amount of fuel! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

I remember those days. Dispatcher would call out the hook and say 400 miles. I'd tell him he's going out into a blizzard, what if he get's stuck? Was told to mind my own business. They never learn..........:chairshot: