R&L | Hello Drivesafely???

Credits
I don't know if he still visits the boards but Bill O. and a supervisor were let go in KAN.... Thought he'd like to know.. It sounds like lots of interesting people have visited KC over the past month or so... Just so they leave our little world alone everything will be ok:funky: !!!!

Was Vegas in that bad of shape? I meet the TM before he took the job out there and he seemed like a pretty sharp guy.

D. L. is now in Salt Lake and has been for a couple of months. I have heard mixed thoughts on working for him. They are having a hard time finding management in Las Vegas.

Finally got a chance to get to a puter to get online.

I called up the terminal and it's true that he's gone. They wouldn't say what happened, of course.

I don't know why any company would keep a lying SOB like that on board. Apparently, they think he'll be able to give management ideas on how to screw people themselves. But my guess is that he started screwing R+L, got caught, and got fired. I would reapply, but they don't have positions open right now.

Did I tell you the story about how he applied as the new TM at Nebraska Transport (NTC)? I couldn't believe it when I heard it. He was supposed to start on a Monday last September, but he announced to everyone at a company function a week before that he wasn't going to take the job. I found this out from other R+L drivers. I told upper management, and they had to call him and ask if he was coming to work or not. His game plan was just to not show up on the day he was supposed to start. What an a-hole!

You should see the guy they hired instead, though. He used to be director of operations for Estes in St. Louis. Moved to KC, worked for a small trucking co., got fired, then went to NTC. Seems he's a major crook with all kinds of judgments against him for renting houses and then not paying the rent, buying cars on credit and then hiding them until they're finally found and reposessed, etc. They kept him anyway and even let his son have a job there. Screw that oufit.

I'm currently doing regional OTR work, so I don't get online much anymore. Local and short-haul jobs in KC now seem to only go to azz-kissers and back stabbers. :butt kiss: I'm finding I'm getting along better with camping out in a truck than I thought I would. Maybe I should look into doing terminal-to-terminal with one of the LTL companies.
:thumbsup:

P.S. Now that I actually have ten years' experience driving, I don't have to worry about any companies giving me crap about the non-driving junk jobs I had before I got my CDL. This will help.

Where did the "new" TM go wrong..........I hear he is on the outs. Anyone else hear anything like this?