Hello everybody Noobe/Trainee Trucker here with a work history question?

OTRTruckStomper

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello everybody and soon and hopefully soon to be fellow Truck Drivers.

My Story
I was an Ironwork/welder for 12 years.
6 years ago in 2012 I started my own nutrients resale business first 4+ years of business we did great future looked very shinny But past 2 years competition has me working for nothing most the time.

My business has me doing a lot of driving up and down I-25 and I-10 from Colorado to Florida in my ford dully with a 32foot enclosed trailer gone 2 to 3 weeks every month and barely breaking even past 13 months. So time to make a change. I love being on the road I take my Son with me sometimes and my wife other times and I just love it. So becoming a Truck driver seams like the logical choose. (Im going with Schneider paid school program) I have already Got my DOT physical and passed the Class-A CDL written"I have temp permit in hand" and passed 2 drug screens. I start school tomorrow 7-2-18 at USA trucking school in fountain Co. I feel I am more than capable to pass any test written or skill that they through at me but my work history is what IM concerned about.
The first 4 years of my business I just ran as is no corporation papers. I did not get Inc. until 2014 and I have not filed TAXES for the business yet. But I do have bank statements with A tax ID# atached to it with the company name for past 16 months that the recruiter says they will take but after watching videos on youtube I feel i should not trust the recruiter?
I ,m beginning to worry they will kick me out over this when i get to Schneiders Orientation Facility in salt lake city any advise would be nice.

No criminal record for past 24 years (bad boy in my mid 20.s) 1 felony(Fake id) couple misdemeanors no drug related
No traffic violations sense 2008(A speeding ticket 11 MPH over posted speed limit) not much trfaffic wise before that.

thanks for any comments

OTRTruckStomper

Believe me, Brother,..........The trucking industry is so desperate for drivers that if you had a wooden leg, a noticeable twitch, and spoke with a heavy Slavic accent,.........you'd be in the truck tomorrow,....provided you passed the (lawyer-required) urine test.......

Here are the answers to the urine test........
1. Must be yellow,..........any shade of yellow is fine......
2. Must not be emitting smoke or foul odors.....
3. Only two ounces is required......Do not bring a gallon jug..........Do not drink it down to the two ounce level , to "recycle" it.....
4. A complimentary stool sample is not required,.....or appreciated.........

There you go, Brother..........you should be able to "pass"...the urine test.....

If the recruiter offers a free Lobotomy,.....you do not have to take him up on it,....although it helps when dealing with dispatchers, receivers, shippers, scale operators, state policemen, and payroll departments.........

If you find any of the above sardonically funny,.......then you have a truck driver's sense of humor........which is absolutely the MOST important asset you can acquire in trucking......

If you knew what the word "sardonically" meant without looking it up in the thesarus,..........take the recruiter up on the free Lobotomy........

GREETINGS and SALUTATIONS OTRTruckStomper and WELCOME TO TB,

The Felony "might" be a problem however considering the vast numbers of Unqualified "drivers" in this Industry/Trade/Avocation/Club/Prison/Gang/Mob/Trap/Slavery, the felony may well not be a problem.
Whether or not you become another Mother Trucker, it's all "up to the Insurance Companies as well Safety Departments" and "recruiters" will ALWAYS TELL YOU what you want to hear.

Since you stated "out 2-3 weeks on a trip", well dear, Trucking can keep you OUT a MONTH and LONGER AFTER Orientation and BEFORE any Family member can ride along.
Schneider has a reputation (old days?) of keeping Drivers out up to 3 months yet they're not the only company to do such.
Schneider has OPTIONS for Hauling as I'm sure You've checked out.
If NOT, go to www.pumpkindriver.com

Remember: MANY COMPANIES have that goofy "Driver First" initiative, no matter how clumsy, stupid, incompetent or just plain LOST the "drivers" represent (the ones that cannot figure out how to hook a trailer even with pictures or cannot remember where the Driver Training Classes are on the Company campus and do their Pre-Trips from the CAB and don't understand G.O.A.L.), which means in the NEW TRUCKING, you can talk to ANYONE at the Company and ANY other Company in ANY way shape or form (including Insults and Profanity) and there's NOTHING that will happen (according to The SILENT MAJORITY). The Blame falls on Dispatchers, so worry not.
Sometimes creative sexual suggestions reward with longer runs or shorter runs with "benefits" like FREE Lot Lizards and secondary showers (at select PETRO and FLYING J/PEELOT locations nationwide).
Also You can be as LATE ON PICKUPS & DELIVERIES as you can design and at some companies, you'll be REWARDED with LONGER RUNS which are taken away from Productive Drivers (those, sadly, few of US that have Common Sense and Initiative) AND you may well get the NEWEST TRUCK (which as well was removed from a Productive Driver who receives a crappier unit). It's just one of the MANY annoying ways Trucking operates at some (MOST?) companies.

When you mentioned "USA Trucking School" I immediately thought of USA Truck Lines in Arkansas and you definitively DON'T awanna mess with that company.
STAY AWAY FROM REEFERS unless you just LOVE WAITING for your delivery time to be altered or ignored like "You're TOO EARLY" or the favorite "You're LATE!" (sometimes "greasing palms" can get you favors. See your dispatcher for further information/corroboration)

The Lobotomy part in the post of canaryinthemine is truly not off kilter as such procedure would definitively HELP with Trucking.
It would afford a lackadaisical approach to ANY problem as the 2 hemispheres would not be at odds but joined in symmetry producing positive vibrations ensuring continuity in the cosmos......................................or so the non audible voices suggest.:27:

CHEERS!!
--keep us apprised--
KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP.
STAY BETWEEN THE DITCHES.
THERE IS NO LOAD SO HOT IT HAS TO COOL OFF IN A DITCH, RAVINE, ON FIRE.
YOU CONTROL THE TRUCK, NOT YOUR DISPATCHER.
IN ALL MANEUVERS, USE ALL THE AVAILABLE ROOM, but stay off the grass.

Last edited:
Believe me, Brother,..........The trucking industry is so desperate for drivers that if you had a wooden leg, a noticeable twitch, and spoke with a heavy Slavic accent,.........you'd be in the truck tomorrow,....provided you passed the (lawyer-required) urine test.......

Here are the answers to the urine test........
1. Must be yellow,..........any shade of yellow is fine......
2. Must not be emitting smoke or foul odors.....
3. Only two ounces is required......Do not bring a gallon jug..........Do not drink it down to the two ounce level , to "recycle" it.....
4. A complimentary stool sample is not required,.....or appreciated.........

There you go, Brother..........you should be able to "pass"...the urine test.....

If the recruiter offers a free Lobotomy,.....you do not have to take him up on it,....although it helps when dealing with dispatchers, receivers, shippers, scale operators, state policemen, and payroll departments.........

If you find any of the above sardonically funny,.......then you have a truck driver's sense of humor........which is absolutely the MOST important asset you can acquire in trucking...... f

If you knew what the word "sardonically" meant without looking it up in the thesarus,..........take the recruiter up on the free Lobotomy........

I think this word has something to do with the daily bag limits of the Sardine fisheries in Okla.

I think this word has something to do with the daily bag limits of the Sardine fisheries in Okla.

Ahhh,........Yes! Yes! That’s it exactly! Your dispatcher will know about it intimately,.....and will assign you a backhaul of swingin’ sardines, just as soon as you hook up to that 4 foot tall reefer box......
GREETINGS and SALUTATIONS OTRTruckStomper and WELCOME TO TB,

The Felony "might" be a problem however considering the vast numbers of Unqualified "drivers" in this Industry/Trade/Avocation/Club/Prison/Gang/Mob/Trap/Slavery, the felony may well not be a problem.
Whether or not you become another Mother Trucker, it's all "up to the Insurance Companies as well Safety Departments" and "recruiters" will ALWAYS TELL YOU what you want to hear.

Since you stated "out 2-3 weeks on a trip", well dear, Trucking can keep you OUT a MONTH and LONGER AFTER Orientation and BEFORE any Family member can ride along.
Schneider has a reputation (old days?) of keeping Drivers out up to 3 months yet they're not the only company to do such.
Schneider has OPTIONS for Hauling as I'm sure You've checked out.
If NOT, go to www.pumpkindriver.com

Remember: MANY COMPANIES have that goofy "Driver First" initiative, no matter how clumsy, stupid, incompetent or just plain LOST the "drivers" represent (the ones that cannot figure out how to hook a trailer even with pictures or cannot remember where the Driver Training Classes are on the Company campus and do their Pre-Trips from the CAB and don't understand G.O.A.L.), which means in the NEW TRUCKING, you can talk to ANYONE at the Company and ANY other Company in ANY way shape or form (including Insults and Profanity) and there's NOTHING that will happen (according to The SILENT MAJORITY). The Blame falls on Dispatchers, so worry not.
Sometimes creative sexual suggestions reward with longer runs or shorter runs with "benefits" like FREE Lot Lizards and secondary showers (at select PETRO and FLYING J/PEELOT locations nationwide).
Also You can be as LATE ON PICKUPS & DELIVERIES as you can design and at some companies, you'll be REWARDED with LONGER RUNS which are taken away from Productive Drivers (those, sadly, few of US that have Common Sense and Initiative) AND you may well get the NEWEST TRUCK (which as well was removed from a Productive Driver who receives a crappier unit). It's just one of the MANY annoying ways Trucking operates at some (MOST?) companies.

When you mentioned "USA Trucking School" I immediately thought of USA Truck Lines in Arkansas and you definitively DON'T awanna mess with that company.
STAY AWAY FROM REEFERS unless you just LOVE WAITING for your delivery time to be altered or ignored like "You're TOO EARLY" or the favorite "You're LATE!" (sometimes "greasing palms" can get you favors. See your dispatcher for further information/corroboration)

The Lobotomy part in the post of canaryinthemine is truly not off kilter as such procedure would definitively HELP with Trucking.
It would afford a lackadaisical approach to ANY problem as the 2 hemispheres would not be at odds but joined in symmetry producing positive vibrations ensuring continuity in the cosmos......................................or so the non audible voices suggest.:27:

CHEERS!!
--keep us apprised--
KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP.
STAY BETWEEN THE DITCHES.
THERE IS NO LOAD SO HOT IT HAS TO COOL OFF IN A DITCH, RAVINE, ON FIRE.
YOU CONTROL THE TRUCK, NOT YOUR DISPATCHER.
IN ALL MANEUVERS, USE ALL THE AVAILABLE ROOM, but stay off the grass.

Do I detect a slight (sardonic) note of irony, Brother?

Your advice has us grey-headed old hands nodding in unison.......
Even if a newbie might find it incomprehensible........

.....(....note to any newbie: Do not use the word “ incomprehensible” in front of your dispatcher......too many syllables,..and he’ll think you’re impugning his intelligence,.....or his sex life,.....one or the other....
Either way, he’ll give you loads to East Bugscuttle W. Va for weeks on end......or until he forgets......).......

Thank You Hand.....oh, the secondary drive screw sheared going up Flattop in the Hillbilly with a mere 75, 309 pounds and the front screw is good till winter or when I get back to the tarheel from Idaho.
I fabricated a "drive screw" from a high speed chicken feed box and super secure duct tape like I saw Red Green demonstrate.
Ain't no feelin' like 40 ton wheelin'!!

Last edited: