Help me please.

quagmire

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been here almost 6 months. I am confused at what I am hearing. Some people are telling me we are going to make more money if I vote yes to the union. Others are telling me I could make less. What is the truth? Is it true that their will be negotiations and that there is just as much a possibility I could make less as I could make more? I am talking about bring home money. Right now, as most people do I live pay check to pay check. I am concerned that if I make less, I will have issues at home. It took me months to find a job that pays as well as it does here. As far as the no overtime goes, yea it would be nice to have, but no company will pay 20-30 hours overtime a week, so where does that leave us? Will they make changes so we only get 40-45 hours a week? I cant live on that. Plus union dues? Can anyone tell me what is the truth?

Quagmire,I've been here since the start (With the old owner ,family owned) he always gave a raise in April and had good benefits that were very reasonable,We have had no pay raise in almost 6 years here :wtflol:. If you had a problem you could call him yourself on his cell phone,he even gave out Turkeys for Thanksgiving and X-mas for the 1st 2 years,even paid me cash 1 time to do a side run.Those days are gone !!! Now were a Trucking Co. owned by a Business that does not care about you or your family,they only care about there bank account and finding ways to make more as you can figure out for yourself after seeing them leave 2 go this week,the 1 guy has 7 kids and if you only have been here 6 months you and anybody with a year or less is on the block we are all at there will...As far as cutting you back to 40-45 hrs.I don't think anyone of us could do a peddle load in 8hrs.A truckload yea.,I'm not saying your hours wont be cut,I'm sure they will be,but I'm sure we will come out ahead and you will have Union Med.benefits and they are well worth the dues every week you will pay between $18.to $25. per week instead of the price we pay.If your living Paycheck to Paycheck with the benefits we have if you get a real health problem your toasted my friend !!! I'm working here and on the side on Saturday operating a backhoe for extra $$$.You need to call the union hall real quick and ask more ?'s Ask other union drivers to help you with advice,you see them at places all day long and like I said start acting Quickly the vote date is most likely on 12/11/13 Just in time for the holidays my friend !!!:usa2:

We have had no pay raise in almost 6 years here. If you had a problem you could call him yourself on his cell phone,he even gave out Turkeys for Thanksgiving and X-mas for the 1st 2 years,even paid me cash 1 time to do a side run.:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't realized a company was required to give you a raise every year. Moreover, we are in a recession! Gas prices are going up! I don't demonize a company that's trying to make a profit, that's the whole point of the company, to make a profit. And this isn't a mom and pop company either, so I wouldn't expect to be able to call the boss on my cell. Be reasonable about this. All I've gathered that joining a union would do is create a financial strain on me, because of dues and payments, and the company. No one has given me a concrete benefit to this.