Help me understand this company

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by newpenn1616, Jan 29, 2018.

1. newpenn1616

newpenn1616 New Member

I havnt been here that long but you’d think a place with such low moral would try to improve it. We had a meeting this morning to tell us we lost 15 million dollars last year. Time to start looking again.

wongway, Skypilot and the5tolls like this.
  2. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Don’t put to much into it right now, Of course they are going to start crying they lost money and they are not making money, It’s almost contract time.

3. NPME

NPME Member

This company is doing zero and I mean ZERO to help out their situation. A situation that they created by the way. All we hear is safety, safety, safety but safety only seems to matter if it does not cost money.
    How many working hand trucks do you have at your terminal for dock use? We've got 2 and they both have no handles on them. Just wait till someone gets hurt trying to balance freight on a hand truck with no handles.

4. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

Like Frank S. says And now, the end is near.

5. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Many young people on here are probably asking who the hell Frank S. Is and when he said that. :17142:

6. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

The man himself Frank Sinatra. He did it his way!!!!!

Keepingon likes this.
  7. RUNVS2

RUNVS2 New Member

Lost 15 million? We had a meeting and Todd told us we made money but not as good as 2016. They talked about improving revenue. Sounds like we hauled a bunch of cheap freight in 17 and that didn't work. I don't think we would be open today if we lost 15 million in one year. I agree with the hand truck and equipment stuff. Ours was old and nobody would buy anything but Todd said we are stocking up to have the tools now. Better late then never.

8. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

Todd is basically a good person but cant get anything done.

9. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

well something went wrong at npme or they wouldn't have fired faust!!! i mean really wrong cause we all know it went south soon as yrc took control..although , till faust swankee and collinsworth did there little " lets be another roadrunner, piece of :shit: company that's the way to do it," dance we still had npme people that knew how to move freight..its hard to believe we made any money as bad as we operate any more..if we did, this is an easy business....to lose 15 million, that's a lot for company our size anymore i would think, even as bad as we operate...not sure i believe that one...maybe down 15 mil over previous year..thats bad enough...but never fear...new penn nation... we have a new leadership and its going to take us to the top again!! so far, we have road runs out early every night and getting back early, ...should change the cycle and get city out and peddeling sooner, thus , a glimpse of the good old days..we will see...but for the life of me, i cant understand how you can fire faust and still keep swankee!!! they are one in the same...

choppernut likes this.
  10. Gto561

Gto561 Member

agreed. no issues with Todd but it seems YRC gets in the way of everything

11. wongway

wongway -15% Pay , Never forget

Key problem is our parent company YRCW period ..............................................................

12. choppernut

choppernut Active Member

I agree with you Howard seems like a smart guy,maybe after a little education on New penn he might see where it went bad , started with Shawn Nolan’s departure!!!

allnightrain44 likes this.