New Penn | Help us (YRCW) or else !

ImWatching

TB Lurker
Credits
well, well, well what can I say...i should've saw the writing on the wall, how foolish of me to think anything would change. our BA came down to notify us all of the dire straights that YRCW is in...AGAIN ! he stated their desire, both the banks & YRCW, for a 5 yr extension of the current contract. told us YRCW is in the "same exact position as it was 5yrs ago". nothing's changed, it's business as usual. they can't pay their bills nor manage their company, it's the same ol song & dance with them is it not ? I for one have given up hope....finally. I used to say that they will find a way to right this ship but not anymore, this ship be sinking folks. They have ruined a great company, New Penn was sheer dominance in trucking, both in $ made and being a great place to work at. That's all over, gone forever folks. I will be looking to get out ASAP however it wont be thru retirement because that's been cancelled. Good luck to you all, we're gonna need. by the way, they're getting a NO vote from me, sorry.

That real nice of you then again I hope you find a job as good as the one you have because your going to need it with a no vote.

You have to wait and see what they are offering. 2019 is a long time away. I hope that we are not stuck with current conditions until then. I have been looking for a better job for 4 years. I haven't found one, YET. I have had a handful of offers including ABF, all the way up to the driving test. I declined. I didn't think it would take this long to turn this company around. None are better than I currently have(except ABF, which I kick myself in the ass for not going). I have been at this company for 17 years. I am 38 years old. I go to union meetings every month. I hear stewards ***** every meeting about conditions at their barns. We don't have that here. Maybe we have a pretty good group of guys and decent managers. This is still a pretty good place to come to work. I would love to be making 24.80 an hour, but you have to trust the IBT is looking into their books. I can't honestly say how I'll vote until I read it all or I find another job before that! If you are a "no" vote before you even see the deal, I just ask you to think about one thing. Why not accept the offer and work here while you find a better job? Thats exactly what I've been doing for 4 years. There are a lot of guys just starting out here and love it. Think about everyone at your barn, not just yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
what they're offering ? from what i understand there are no new offers to be included, it's the current deal we have being extended. as far as your last statement, listen, we did our part for 5 years, YRCW did not. don't paint a picture a selfishness, if anything point that BS towards the corporation that's ruining & burying us. moral is low, equipment is getting worse by the day, moral is low, cost of living is rising, concessions aren't stopping, etc etc....you wanna give them 5 more years to try to pay their bills ? knock yourself out, i'm not. we've all sat here for 5yrs all the while being told things will get better. where have we heard this before ? DJ cue the music !

no one knows what they're offering except upper management and senior teamster leaders. Maybe it will be a continuation. You obviously must work with me. I honestly don't see the moral going down in Pittsburgh. Our current manager and last 2 have been very good for our terminal. Yea we are in a funk right now, with three new guys on new shifts. They'll get through it. Yea our new drivers aren't the most experienced in the LTL field, but that is up to us to teach them. Yea, trucks are old. My truck has almost 900k on it. Yea, it breaks down more often, but it runs ok and it gets the job done. They just sent in 2 tractors that sat somewhere for sale for months. A little bit of time and care and now they are city trucks. One guy driving one everyday doesn't mind it. I'd love to have new trucks every year like we used to. Those days are over. I never said I was voting yes for these concessions. If its what we are currently under with small raises, I'll probably vote no. I can't say, but when I do everyone will know. I'll find another job. I'm not worried, but there are guys in our building that won't. I just ask you, why are you still here if it's so bad? There are other jobs out there that you get a new truck every year and raises and better moral. I hate YRCW more than anyone at that terminal. I've worked here 17 years and seen the difference as I'm sure you have too. If this company makes it, we will live to fight another day, but at this point you have to trust that the IBT is going to get us the best deal possible.

no one knows what they're offering except upper management and senior teamster leaders. Maybe it will be a continuation. You obviously must work with me. I honestly don't see the moral going down in Pittsburgh. Our current manager and last 2 have been very good for our terminal. Yea we are in a funk right now, with three new guys on new shifts. They'll get through it. Yea our new drivers aren't the most experienced in the LTL field, but that is up to us to teach them. Yea, trucks are old. My truck has almost 900k on it. Yea, it breaks down more often, but it runs ok and it gets the job done. They just sent in 2 tractors that sat somewhere for sale for months. A little bit of time and care and now they are city trucks. One guy driving one everyday doesn't mind it. I'd love to have new trucks every year like we used to. Those days are over. I never said I was voting yes for these concessions. If its what we are currently under with small raises, I'll probably vote no. I can't say, but when I do everyone will know. I'll find another job. I'm not worried, but there are guys in our building that won't. I just ask you, why are you still here if it's so bad? There are other jobs out there that you get a new truck every year and raises and better moral. I hate YRCW more than anyone at that terminal. I've worked here 17 years and seen the difference as I'm sure you have too. If this company makes it, we will live to fight another day, but at this point you have to trust that the IBT is going to get us the best deal possible.

im still here because i had faith they would turn this thing around, big mistake on my part. never in my wildest dreams did i believe we would be going thru this yet again. another reason i stuck it out is because i genuinely like my job at NP. i enjoy coming to work, most of the guys are cool, management doesn't mess with you, etc etc. YRCW has ruined it all for me

I would have to agree with deejay It will be a wait and see thing... If they really wanted to show some good faith YRC would put some type of incentives in any type of agreements..

I would've been at NP 20 years now had I not left 3 yrs ago. If not for yrcw, would now be enjoying 5 weeks vacation. Deejay, you been around long enough to know that there's not a unionized LTL that has ever "turned it around". They've all died a slow, painful death. Just like cancer. YRCW is a dead man walking. I still struggle with all the what ifs regarding leaving NP. Everyone has different thresholds. I arrived at NP from having a company close after appx a decade on an 85% contract. Good luck to all still there. For your sake, and in a larger context, anyone with a potential retirement from the various funds, I'm hoping for a miracle.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

Www.driveontogether.com

I think this video will answer your question about where the regional carriers stand in reference to YRC.

VOTE NO. Then what go work non union and have them start you out at whatever they want. Loss of vacation,health care. Even at where we are right now it's probably better then most places.