FedEx Freight | help

Service Description

FedEx SmartPost picks up (or accepts drop shipments), provides line haul, and delivers the packages to a USPS facility for final delivery by a postal carrier. <table width=100%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;> <tbody> <tr> <td>Transit Times</td> <td width=&quot;15&quot;>
</td> <td>2-7 Days (longer time-in-transit outside the continental 48 states)</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td width=&quot;15&quot;>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Service Days</td> <td width=&quot;15&quot;>
</td> <td>Monday through Saturday</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Delivery Area</td> <td width=&quot;15&quot;>
</td> <td>Domestic U.S. coverage, including Alaska, Hawaii, P.O. boxes, and Military APO/FPO destinations</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Max. Pkg. Weight</td> <td width=&quot;15&quot;>
</td> <td>70 lbs.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Exceptions</td> <td width=&quot;15&quot;>
</td> <td>The following are not available for FedEx SmartPost: Money Back Guarantee, Declared Value, Signature Proof Of Delivery, Evening or Appointment Delivery, Hazardous Material shipments.</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

http://fedex.com/us/smartpost/approach/service.html]FedEx Services - FedEx Smart Post - SmartPost Shipping[/URL]

FYI: you can't ship a package via SmartPost, only businesses can use it to send something to you.
It's funny if you've ever gotten anything deliveried by SmartPost and tracked it...your package bounces all over the place...sometimes driving right by you!

From what I understand, it's mostly made up of contractors and whatever pay/bennies are offered probably aren't very good.
But it could be a steady job.
And in this economy, that's worth it's weight in gold.
Beyond that, I don't really know much about Smartpost.

FYI: you can't ship a package via SmartPost, only businesses can use it to send something to you.
It's funny if you've ever gotten anything deliveried by SmartPost and tracked it...your package bounces all over the place...sometimes driving right by you!

From what I understand, it's mostly made up of contractors and whatever pay/bennies are offered probably aren't very good.
But it could be a steady job.
And in this economy, that's worth it's weight in gold.
Beyond that, I don't really know much about Smartpost.

That sorta kinda smells like a copy of what Averitt Express did, contact an Averitt guy for more info, or go on their board and look it up..

Thanks FM !!! I would ask when is the next time I'll see ya,,,,, but sounds like we are in the same boat........

One day at a time right?? :smilie_132:

I try for early turn and burn runs but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, things are still flat in STL and who knows what the realignment/ bids will bring.

Take care

FM

Ha! Sounds just like our spike and hub operation!

I just ordered something on line that shipped from TN, and has now left Kentucky. I'll track and post here if it looks interesting.
DSL is the carrier that is doing this...

We deliver Smart to the post offices around here. All internet shipments.