Helping Others

well as a PSA video, it still does not take away from the fact(s) that many homeless are drug addicts or alcoholics, and will use the donated monies for thier respective habits.

i speak of what I SEE in my area, on a daily basis.

i cannot believe that this video depicts any actual instance where this happened, in "real life".

to me, it is basically condoning handing out money to the street corner, or highway beggars.

in my city there are "giving meters", where one can donate to the homeless, via dropping coins into a said meter, and that money is supposed to go to the homeless.

to me, that too is condoning begging.

before my dad died a few years ago, he was a product of the great depression, and said to me a few times, that he ain't see nothing like this back in those days.

some street beggars are also just down right crazy...this too i have seen from destroying the street signs, to throwing things at passing cars...

sorry @mud , but this video doesn't make me wanna give my money away.

i am not heartless, as much as i am careful with the scam artists out there, drug addicts, and alcoholics, and crazies....

No doubt the video is a made up story, but the general tone is to try
and help others.
I very seldom give out money to beggars but this morning at Walmart
I gave a young street kid a dollar. He blessed me and walked over to
the big cement things in front of Walmart where people put out their
cigarretts. He then found himself a few butts. On the way home I thought what that kid should do is go enlist in the military, if they'd
take him.

The homeless in my experience are holdouts. Particularly the drug addicts. However its the whores I remember. Not necessarily anything with them commercially. But they were very useful to give a few dollars in the day time on the street to be sure my truck and me are especially left alone by everyone living there. The whores in say south central LA did not look healthy at all. Their addictions which probably was necessary to function at all was eating them alive system wide into the skin and teeth and so on. They carried blades and would not have a problem using them if you crossed one.

The drug addicts were the most difficult. No one can tell them what to do (Keeping a living routine in a apartment, budget, pay rent, work and so on... like most people do normally) they rater rot in oblivion until they die from being unable to access any more veins or arteries. And if one of them latched onto you you had a problem.

In short they needed to be free in all things away from anything so they can continue the addictions without interference. That eventually kills them. Or worse.

What really bothered me was fat, plump well nourished people trying to beg money. Then leave in a lux car or something later on. Dont think they weren't caught for what they were.

I can think of two occasions where a family with children wound up in very deadly situations and did not belong. We collectively got them out of it fast. What they did after? We do not know. It was important we never saw them again.

I'm a big believer in Karma, what goes around comes around. Like I said earlier I seldom give money to beggars. 99% of the time it's a scam. I try to do simpler things to help others like holding a door open,
letting someone into traffic or helping a neighbor or a friend.
Pretty soon others are doing the same for me. What goes around comes around.

Last edited:
The homeless in my experience are holdouts. Particularly the drug addicts. However its the whores I remember. Not necessarily anything with them commercially. But they were very useful to give a few dollars in the day time on the street to be sure my truck and me are especially left alone by everyone living there. The whores in say south central LA did not look healthy at all. Their addictions which probably was necessary to function at all was eating them alive system wide into the skin and teeth and so on. They carried blades and would not have a problem using them if you crossed one.

The drug addicts were the most difficult. No one can tell them what to do (Keeping a living routine in a apartment, budget, pay rent, work and so on... like most people do normally) they rater rot in oblivion until they die from being unable to access any more veins or arteries. And if one of them latched onto you you had a problem.

In short they needed to be free in all things away from anything so they can continue the addictions without interference. That eventually kills them. Or worse.

What really bothered me was fat, plump well nourished people trying to beg money. Then leave in a lux car or something later on. Dont think they weren't caught for what they were.

I can think of two occasions where a family with children wound up in very deadly situations and did not belong. We collectively got them out of it fast. What they did after? We do not know. It was important we never saw them again.
i seem to recall, there was a college professor, that actually taught street begging.

I'm sure, for some folks, that was a profitable course.
"Please practice AFTER CLASS, not prior to"!

I've been "on the bottom" specifically when I was a sot (drunk), yet i wasn't homeless.

One doesn't "panhandle" in jail w/o a "trade".

I do not feel obligated to any panhandler.
I've been kicked around/tricked by enough people i thot i was helping.
Too many programs on the tele some years back as well online about people claiming as beggars while living in high end digs.

City of GREEDSboro, NC,
requires registering to "panhandle", and wear the "free badge" as a necklace, go figure.

I'm sure, for some folks, that was a profitable course.
"Please practice AFTER CLASS, not prior to"!

I've been "on the bottom" specifically when I was a sot (drunk), yet i wasn't homeless.

One doesn't "panhandle" in jail w/o a "trade".

I do not feel obligated to any panhandler.
I've been kicked around/tricked by enough people i thot i was helping.
Too many programs on the tele some years back as well online about people claiming as beggars while living in high end digs.

City of GREEDSboro requires registering to "panhandle", and wear the "free badge" as a necklace, go figure.

Some panhandlers were predators.

I had a go around in Chattanooga once at a little diner that had room for 15 trucks out back. Ive only been there once. Tsk a crying shame, the cook knew how to fix the food right. Damn.

That little predator did not have the weight or energy I had taking him on. It really bothered me that a few knots would not slow him down. Must have been free from feeling pain. So I took one of his knees from the side with a bootheel.

That was the end of that. But it was not the end of that trouble with him and his big mouth. Another driver told me to get going. Dont even worry about it. And so that was the end of that episode. He was interested in the rig. Trailer specifcally. It was loaded with steel railroad axles. If he can lift them damn things he can have them. He thought it might be copper wire bundles. What part of no does he not know?

I never did go back there. Its not worth it. But that cook can cook. What a waste of such talent. What with the ages that day decades ago its safe to presume that predator is dead now.