Henry visited portland again

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
Nice to see the old man still getting around. I hope he goes back to Auburn and knocks the boys heads together. What a shame for him to watch his company fall apart.

Nice to see the old man still getting around. I hope he goes back to Auburn and knocks the boys heads together. What a shame for him to watch his company fall apart.

Last time I talked with him, he didn't seem too exited about what the Teamsters were doing. I may have gotten the wrong impression from him.

I think we can all be agreement that Henry is not the one to blame. It is simply the "boys" greed that put us in this situation.

I think we can all be agreement that Henry is not the one to blame. It is simply the "boys" greed that put us in this situation.

I don't think anyone is blaming Henry. He just doesn't seem to be on the side of the Teamsters, at least on this one.

RedRollingRoadblock said:
I didn't know that he came down to California.  Next you will tell us you are on his speed dial list.

He was in Medford earlier this week.

Last time I talked with him, he didn't seem too exited about what the Teamsters were doing. I may have gotten the wrong impression from him.

I do not believe that Henry would be discussing much with you. The only ones Henry would have a lengthy conversation with about this situation would be are either management, or a big time brown noser!:butt kiss:

I doubt he told you anything about it. He may not "agree" with what the Teamsters are doing or what they stand for (let's face it, there was a reason these barns turned union in the first place) but that doesn't mean he isn't mad as hell at his boys for flushing what he built down the toilet!!

I doubt he told you anything about it. He may not "agree" with what the Teamsters are doing or what they stand for (let's face it, there was a reason these barns turned union in the first place) but that doesn't mean he isn't mad as hell at his boys for flushing what he built down the toilet!!

Henry was involved in the process from the very beginning. His voice was heard, and his family respects him far too much to discount his opinion. Trust me, his anger is not targeted to anyone in his family.

What Henry is thinking

To all of you who are posting what Henry feels, or thinks of the strike, the strikers, his kids, Oak Harbor or anything else...He is perfectly able to speak for himself. Why don't you ask him?

Who cares what Henry thinks? Too much respect for this old man, if he had any kind of conscious as far as labor is concerned he would have stated his case and would have been listened to by his sons. I don't get this whole we love Henry thing, its a battle plain and simple, and I think it's pretty apparent what side of the line he stands on.

In a different time he may have tried to appeal to strikers and the co-presidents alike to save the business. These are anti-union times, and I am sure they have convinced themselves (and Henry) that with a union their company stands no chance of survival. I have no respect for strikebreakers and I never will, and while the old man may have worked hard to build this company, which is amicable, his actions show he has no respect for working people that throughout Oak Harbor history have gone above and beyond to make his success a reality. So I say f-him.

Silver I agree. If you are a Vp, Henry or not, you are responsible for all of these people out of work. The world of Henry stopped when the boys took over and the company has been sliding down the mountain ever since. It sounds like they are close to the bottom.