TForce | Here are your 3 scenarios with UPS Freight contract vote

Reasonable

TB Lurker
Credits
1. Vote yes, it will probably take 2 weeks to recover and get the vast majority back to work.

2. Vote no, there is a strike, by the time it is resolved(with zero guarantee of any contract gains)50-75% of every seniority board will be unemployed, without pay or medical coverage for a very long time. If some ever come back at all.

3.vote no- shut down 10000+ unemployed.

The only logical choice is number 1, the final contract offer has zero concessions for all employees voting!

The teamsters union has put more trucking employees on the unemployment line than any other single entity in this country.

1. Vote yes, it will probably take 2 weeks to recover and get the vast majority back to work.

2. Vote no, there is a strike, by the time it is resolved(with zero guarantee of any contract gains)50-75% of every seniority board will be unemployed, without pay or medical coverage for a very long time. If some ever come back at all.

3.vote no- shut down 10000+ unemployed.

The only logical choice is number 1, the final contract offer has zero concessions for all employees voting!

The teamsters union has put more trucking employees on the unemployment line than any other single entity in this country.
Are you not a Teamster? Just a question

I have been a dues paying teamster since 2008. And when this is all over, I will still be a dues paying teamster.

My attitude is simply this, I work for the shippers, UPS is the middle man that makes this happen, the teamsters do 2 things protect just cause and seniority (no favoritism).
I will be the least hurt in all of those scenarios, i will be one of the first ones called back to work, I have enough money saved to make it through any strike or shut down. I can also go on my spouse's insurance.

The sole reason I am here posting is to warn people that they will be making horrible choice if they vote no. I think too many on here who are advocating a strike, have little or no experience with unions and strikes.

The union has no plan to win you any contract gains.

Strike advocates don't even know how much money is in a strike check.

Strike advocates don't or didn't know until I informed them that your medical benefits are stopped in a strike (and I dont know anyone who can afford COBRA, with a strike check).

Strike advocates are not telling their fellow employees that if you are on the bottom half of the seniority list you will probably not work for a very long time, if ever for this company again.

And last but not least, strike advocates are not being honest about the chances of any gains in the contract. They seem to think by striking it automatically means UPS will give them all they desire, when the opposite is more likely.

This is an individual choice. No one is going to pay your bills, medical or otherwise in a work stoppage, but the individual. The brotherhood will end when the bill collector is at the door.

If you are on the bottom half of any seniority rooster, think long and hard about what a strike advocate is asking you to do, they are asking you to potentially fire yourself. And the only consolation they will offer is, words.

What about option number 4 like I said what if this is just a ploy from UPS to shut this Freight part down because they didn't want a freight division to begin with?
They shut it down blame the teamsters and they're happy. I think you said they're too profitable to do that though oh how would we know what their profits are there publicly held they don't tell us their profits I don't believe do they

They shut it down blame the teamsters and they're happy. I think you said they're too profitable to do that though oh how would we know what their profits are there publicly held they don't tell us their profits I don't believe do they
UPS reports revenue and profit every quarter because they are a publicly held company. They have stockholders to report to. The problem is that they don't report exactly what the freight division makes or loses. Freight numbers are hidden in the Supply Chain services report.

I have been a dues paying teamster since 2008. And when this is all over, I will still be a dues paying teamster.

My attitude is simply this, I work for the shippers, UPS is the middle man that makes this happen, the teamsters do 2 things protect just cause and seniority (no favoritism).
I will be the least hurt in all of those scenarios, i will be one of the first ones called back to work, I have enough money saved to make it through any strike or shut down. I can also go on my spouse's insurance.

The sole reason I am here posting is to warn people that they will be making horrible choice if they vote no. I think too many on here who are advocating a strike, have little or no experience with unions and strikes.

The union has no plan to win you any contract gains.

Strike advocates don't even know how much money is in a strike check.

Strike advocates don't or didn't know until I informed them that your medical benefits are stopped in a strike (and I dont know anyone who can afford COBRA, with a strike check).

Strike advocates are not telling their fellow employees that if you are on the bottom half of the seniority list you will probably not work for a very long time, if ever for this company again.

And last but not least, strike advocates are not being honest about the chances of any gains in the contract. They seem to think by striking it automatically means UPS will give them all they desire, when the opposite is more likely.

This is an individual choice. No one is going to pay your bills, medical or otherwise in a work stoppage, but the individual. The brotherhood will end when the bill collector is at the door.

If you are on the bottom half of any seniority rooster, think long and hard about what a strike advocate is asking you to do, they are asking you to potentially fire yourself. And the only consolation they will offer is, words.
Reasonable, I believe your percentage estimates are off but I have a question unrelated to those estimates.....if UPSF did shut down.....how long would those 10,000÷ employees be unemployed? How long would it take the average worker (top, middle, bottom seniority employee) to find a job in the current employment environment???

You push that they would have no job and no insurance but for how long if they went employment hunting? Before or after their insurance coverage lapsed?

Got this in the mail yesterday, the union leadership takes no position, and doesn't even have any game plan for a strike.
Reasonable, I believe your percentage estimates are off but I have a question unrelated to those estimates.....if UPSF did shut down.....how long would those 10,000÷ employees be unemployed? How long would it take the average worker (top, middle, bottom seniority employee) to find a job in the current employment environment???

You push that they would have no job and no insurance but for how long if they went employment hunting? Before or after their insurance coverage lapsed?

Ive heard this from strike abvocates. I dont want another job, this job pays 28.65 per hour with the best medical in the industry.

If you Don't want to work here why not just resign today, and let the rest of us work?

I truly believe that many of these no voters and strike advocates are only interested in closing the doors at ups freight.

Got this in the mail yesterday, the union leadership takes no position, and doesn't even have any game plan for a strike.

Ive heard this from strike abvocates. I dont want another job, this job pays 28.65 per hour with the best medical in the industry.

If you Don't want to work here why not just resign today, and let the rest of us work?
So, you're saying not long to find a job. When you're at the bottom you can wait for recall and miss a lot of the company bull. And this way you may never be without health insurance?

I truly believe that many of these no voters and strike advocates are only interested in closing the doors at ups freight.
Have you looked at this like an investment? With an investment, you pay upfront and reap the rewards months or years later.

Not to sure you work for them?

Have you looked at this like an investment? With an investment, you pay upfront and reap the rewards months or years later.

The job market is not the same everywhere, and most jobs available are otr. OTR the family wrecker, few will even consider it.

Again, your stance is illogical. Potentially fire yourself, for something that you can't promise.

The contract has no concessions for any eligible to vote.

You dont work at ups freight so your opinion doesn't matter, you get no vote.
His opinion does not matter because its not the same as yours? Vote whatever way you think is best for you, but im having a hard time believing that your union from the way your starting threads & posting nonstop. If you are union then you must bee at the bottom of the board & not working much....I dont have a vote for your contract, but ive been on these boards through many contract votes and people seem to come out of the woodwork then disappear when the contract is settled....

The job market is not the same everywhere, and most jobs available are otr. OTR the family wrecker, few will even consider it.

Again, your stance is illogical. Potentially fire yourself, for something that you can't promise.

The contract has no concessions for any eligible to vote.
So in your opinion investing is illogical? Ever started your own business? Have you ever put your money in the stockmarket or lent a relative money to start a business? Potentially loosing money for something that you can't promise? That, imo, is what this vote is about. Suffer through this for a better 5yr contract.

Last edited:
His opinion does not matter because its not the same as yours? Vote whatever way you think is best for you, but im having a hard time believing that your union from the way your starting threads & posting nonstop. If you are union then you must bee at the bottom of the board & not working much....I dont have a vote for your contract, but ive been on these boards through many contract votes and people seem to come out of the woodwork then disappear when the contract is settled....

Everyone will disappear when this is settled, just like they did in 2013. You can go back and read the posts. If they are still available.

All I am doing is giving out information. You can agree or disagree.
The difference is I have not had to resort to insults and name calling.

These boards were the same 5 years ago, full of vote no and strike advocacy. In the end the contract vote passed by 71%.
It swung 46% from no to yes from first offer.
The numbers are easily researchable.

The silent majority won. I am here to give out information, not **** and vinegar.

Everyone will disappear when this is settled, just like they did in 2013. You can go back and read the posts. If they are still available.

All I am doing is giving out information. You can agree or disagree.
The difference is I have not had to resort to insults and name calling.

These boards were the same 5 years ago, full of vote no and strike advocacy. In the end the contract vote passed by 71%.
It swung 46% from no to yes from first offer.
The numbers are easily researchable.

The silent majority won. I am here to give out information, not **** and vinegar.
I still think this vote should be looked at like an investment for the next 5yrs. That is how the company is looking at it. No emotions (fear, anger, happiness etc.) just logically evaluated reasoning..... can UPSF afford to make your job better over the next 5yrs?

What about option number 4 like I said what if this is just a ploy from UPS to shut this Freight part down because they didn't want a freight division to begin with?

I wonder how the warn act will go with the way ups is cleaning out the system????

I wonder how the warn act will go with the way ups is cleaning out the system????

If you vote no, and strike then no, the WARN act does not apply, even if the company shuts down.

If you vote yes, and we return to work and the company shuts down, then yes the WARN act applies. Every employee would be owed 60 days pay and benefits, and since the 60 days would go into the new year, possibly all vacation monies owed also.

That's another solid reason to vote yes. The warn act doesn't protect strikers.

If you vote no, and strike then no, the WARN act does not apply, even if the company shuts down.

If you vote yes, and we return to work and the company shuts down, then yes the WARN act applies. Every employee would be owed 60 days pay and benefits, and since the 60 days would go into the new year, possibly all vacation monies owed also.

That's another solid reason to vote yes. The warn act doesn't protect strikers.
Nothing personal.... but you are so anti Union I can not take your word for it..... would like to see what other people have to say.

If this is the case.... I apologize.