Central Transport | Here is an article from a Detroit media outlet on your new owner.

I have distance myself from this issue for long enough....This man will someday die....All of us will someday die....When men act as if they will live forever by treating people as if they are some kind of tyrant they will be dealt with by the man upstairs and most certainly not by me or you...You see that's not our job. ....Tyranny will not prevail....History has taught us lessons on what happens to men like that....I really don't know if that is what you are suggesting or implying but all I can say is that is his karma and not yours.... Power driven men will someday check that ego when they enter the hereafter and the legacy they leave to their children will remain. We all come into this world alone and we will leave alone (some may need to think about that one)....We won't take anything with us....Humility is something you always hear me talk about....You need it to enter the Kingdom of Heaven....Look at Howard Hughes....This philanthropist had it all but died just like us all......See we all are going to die....We just need to stop acting as if we are not....Look at the history of Howard Hughes and how it ended for him....I refuse to judge any man because it's not my job. That job belongs to God almighty. When I stand before God almighty in the end I pray that he has mercy on my soul....As my health starts to fade and my time grows near you can better believe I plan to have my ego in check. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY MY BALANCE SHEET WILL BE SQUARE WITH THE HOUSE.
Matty and his son might want to print this off and post it on one of the walls in their mansions.....Spiritual maturity begins when we realize that we are God's guest in this world. Not landlords, but tenants....Not owners, but guest....They should remember that though they may have more money than us when it comes to the rarer spiritual values such as charity, self-sacrifice, honor, nobility of heart we will be the most beloved and honored in the end....I have said this many times before....."The tragedy of this world is that men have given first class loyalty to second class causes and these causes have betrayed them."

Some are Jonathan, some are David. You're a Jonathan Mr. Train. I'm not wired like that. My path will be a different one.

Some are Jonathan, some are David. You're a Jonathan Mr. Train. I'm not wired like that. My path will be a different one.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. Henry David Thoreau..1817-1862

Can you tell me the difference between what he is doing and Corporations have done forever? Everyone whines about wal-mart putting the small family companies out....what do you think that Sears, JC Pennys and other coprporations did? I only wish that I had the brains to accomplish what that family has accomplished. Look at the Turnpike system....do you hate the state for owning the turnpike and ripping the public off? Look at Ford, how much money did he make off the comman folk? If you do not like what he does, beat him at his own game. If you can not beat him, try and join him.
It seems to me you didn't read the article. I'm a Capitalist. I have no problem that he's wealthy... none at all. I DO have a problem that he misuses that wealth to create even more wealth for himself while ruining a common working mans livelihood to do it. I think there is a point where one has so much wealth that the ethical thing to do is use it for good. He simply keeps swallowing up companies and properties at the expense of those working hard to pay their bills. There's a special place in Hell for that kinda guy. He's old. I'm sure he'll be enjoying his new "thermally enhanced" property soon. Few will miss him.

DETROIT (WXYZ) - We aren’t sure if we should feel sorry for billionaire Matty Maroun or thank him for his generous holiday spirit! For the second year in a row he has lit up our world-wide symbol of blight -the old, rundown, Michigan Central Train Station he has owned since 1996. What a wonderful gift from a man who whines about everything. It’s hard to believe this is the same guy who says Governor Rick Snyder and the Canadian government are trying to ruin his monopoly and very profitable Ambassador Bridge business. It’s hard to believe this is the same entrepreneur who, along with his family, generously ciontributes hundreds of thousands of dollars to political candidates, officeholders and PAC’s, and is suing the Feds to try and block plans for a competing publicly owned bridge. There’s enough business at America’s busiest U.S. /Canadian border crossing to go around. You’re blaming everyone but yourself for the enemies and business problems you’ve encountered on both sides of the Detroit River. And now that the winter holiday season is upon us, you want to spread some good tiding and cheer by hanging twinkling lights in If you really want to make us happy and give our city a great gift, just renovate this property and the other eyesores you own and you can afford to spruce up! Happy holidays, Mr. Maroun!
I’m Ed Fernandez, Vice President & General Manager.

WXYZ Editorial: Matty Maroun, Ambassador Bridge, Train Depot & Holiday Cheer

Can you tell me the difference between what he is doing and Corporations have done forever? Everyone whines about wal-mart putting the small family companies out....what do you think that Sears, JC Pennys and other coprporations did? I only wish that I had the brains to accomplish what that family has accomplished. Look at the Turnpike system....do you hate the state for owning the turnpike and ripping the public off? Look at Ford, how much money did he make off the comman folk? If you do not like what he does, beat him at his own game. If you can not beat him, try and join him.

"Assimilated"

"Assimilated"
Assimilation I always thought was to liken or compare something.....To make similar.....Are you saying there is no difference? I'm not being a smart ass I'm just trying to understand exactly what your saying....So much is open for interpretation.

It seems to me you didn't read the article. I'm a Capitalist. I have no problem that he's wealthy... none at all. I DO have a problem that he misuses that wealth to create even more wealth for himself while ruining a common working mans livelihood to do it. I think there is a point where one has so much wealth that the ethical thing to do is use it for good. He simply keeps swallowing up companies and properties at the expense of those working hard to pay their bills. There's a special place in Hell for that kinda guy. He's old. I'm sure he'll be enjoying his new "thermally enhanced" property soon. Few will miss him.
This seems to be how the public views this man upon my research...Detroit citizens don't think much of the Moroun family...When you think of philanthropy most don't think of this family...They think of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and the millions they have given to good causes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assimilation I always thought was to liken or compare something.....To make similar.....Are you saying there is no difference? I'm not being a smart ass I'm just trying to understand exactly what your saying....So much is open for interpretation.

How to explain assimilation. Hmmm...

In the Star Track series there is an alien "life form" that swallows up civilizations and species and makes them part of a "collective". That is exactly what Matty does. He "assimilates" companies into a bastard "collective" until all sense of "self" is gone. I'll post a link. Watch the video Train. Learn why he is despised by men with any sense of self. Resist or be assimilated..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQmfwe3YAM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How to explain assimilation. Hmmm...

In the Star Track series there is an alien "life form" that swallows up civilizations and species and makes them part of a "collective". That is exactly what Matty does. He "assimilates" companies into a bastard "collective" until all sense of "self" is gone. I'll post a link. Watch the video Train. Learn why he is despised by men with any sense of self. Resist or by assimilated..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQmfwe3YAM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
We will be absorbed into his cultural tradition, like a immigrant....I totally understand now....And sadly there is a lot of truth in what you say. Makes me think of a song by Tom Petty......."Refugee".........Yours truly, Jonathan

This seems to be how the public views this man upon my research...Detroit citizens don't think much of the Moroun family...When you think of philanthropy most don't think of this family...They think of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and the millions they have given to good causes.

I have not been on here for almost two months, been way to busy and got sick of the negative crap. CT is far from perfect, their way of doing business is far from perfect, that is true. But the negative crap about ownership really needs to stop. Ownership treats employees well, work hard and you have a job for life. If you don't like to work hard this is not a place for anyone. Ownership pays millions and millions in taxes, they are charitable but don't advertise it. They treat long time employees well. Ownership has attended funerals for employees that have lost family members. There are way too many crybabies on here, I think I am done for another couple months.

I have not been on here for almost two months, been way to busy and got sick of the negative crap. CT is far from perfect, their way of doing business is far from perfect, that is true. But the negative crap about ownership really needs to stop. Ownership treats employees well, work hard and you have a job for life. If you don't like to work hard this is not a place for anyone. Ownership pays millions and millions in taxes, they are charitable but don't advertise it. They treat long time employees well. Ownership has attended funerals for employees that have lost family members. There are way too many crybabies on here, I think I am done for another couple months.
I so try to stay positive...I really do....I only ask to be treated fairly here in Dallas...I've paid my dues 40+ years in the LTL business and I'm in the top 10 in seniority out of 60+ P&D drivers here in Dallas. CT drivers have had no changes in their routes but Vitran get bounced around every single day to a new route and stay lost most the time....They need to restructure these routes and give us Vitran guys the opportunity get on a route and stay on one...If they would just do the right thing you wouldn't hear a peep out of me....But as long as they keep bouncing me around like a step child it will only get worse and these post will get more detailed with the things that are really going on in Dallas....I won't tolerate it and I will force them to fire me...But trust me it won't end there... Call me a cry baby if you want to but if getting frustrated because they want to play favorites with the CT drivers by not making them share some established routes then that's what I am....I don't think what I'm asking is unfair.

I so try to stay positive...I really do....I only ask to be treated fairly here in Dallas...I've paid my dues 40+ years in the LTL business and I'm in the top 10 in seniority out of 60+ P&D drivers here in Dallas. CT drivers have had no changes in their routes but Vitran get bounced around every single day to a new route and stay lost most the time....They need to restructure these routes and give us Vitran guys the opportunity get on a route and stay on one...If they would just do the right thing you wouldn't hear a peep out of me....But as long as they keep bouncing me around like a step child it will only get worse and these post will get more detailed with the things that are really going on in Dallas....I won't tolerate it and I will force them to fire me...But trust me it won't end there... Call me a cry baby if you want to but if getting frustrated because they want to play favorites with the CT drivers by not making them share some established routes then that's what I am....I don't think what I'm asking is unfair.
what if Vitran were to have purchased Central? would you be so willing to share your run with me????? maybe they are bouncing you around to keep you working maybe as time goes on they will establish a route for all the drivers who transitioned?( how do you make for example) 20 new runs for 20 drivers or however many it is??? I don't know ? but I do know as a driver with this company you guys hate I would like to keep my run without worrying if management is going to split it in half and cut my hours which would transition to me not getting my hours to make the $ I need to make to pay my bills, its not your fault and its not mine you just happen to be on the worse end of it.... i keep reading people making the statement (How Do I Get Fired) really just go tell the T.M. your banging his wife and she's a bit dry but comes around if you spit in your hand and lube her up... or maybe just punch him in the mouth when he's bouncing you around, or you can consistently be late or never make an appointment on time, maybe you could just come in on Monday's Wednesday and Friday, or you can show up with a union rep and introduce him to your T.M. as your lawyer.... or you can wait for this to settle and they will figure it out and eventually accommodate the Vitran drivers they acquisitioned,,,,, I'm sure this will get the hate flowing my way,

i'm not greedy, give me 8 hrs and let me go home. the remainder can go back out for another round or work the dock in my place. they can even take my route doing so, i won't get mad.

what if Vitran were to have purchased Central? would you be so willing to share your run with me????? maybe they are bouncing you around to keep you working maybe as time goes on they will establish a route for all the drivers who transitioned?( how do you make for example) 20 new runs for 20 drivers or however many it is??? I don't know ? but I do know as a driver with this company you guys hate I would like to keep my run without worrying if management is going to split it in half and cut my hours which would transition to me not getting my hours to make the $ I need to make to pay my bills, its not your fault and its not mine you just happen to be on the worse end of it.... i keep reading peole making the statement (How Do I Get Fired) really just go tell the T.M. your banging his wife and she's a bit dry but comes around if you spit in your hand and lube her up... or maybe just punch him in the mouth when he's bouncing you around, or you can consistently be late or never make an appointment on time, maybe you could just come in on Monday's Wednesday and Friday, or you can show up with a union rep and introduce him to your T.M. as your lawyer.... or you can wait for this to settle and they will figure it out and eventually accommodate the Vitran drivers they acquisitioned,,,,, I'm sure this will get the hate flowing my way,

Real classy. Way to represent your company with the professionalism they are known for.

By the way... Central does have some GOOD drivers. I've met some. Props to those gentlemen who have managed to stay professional in spite of the terrible role models of some of their management and the ridiculous "culture of intimidation" environment that IS Central Transport.

By the way... Central does have some GOOD drivers. I've met some. Props to those gentlemen who have managed to stay professional in spite of the terrible role models of some of their management and the ridiculous "culture of intimidation" environment that IS Central Transport.
The TM in Dallas uses intimidation and yells to the point you would almost call it screaming....A real class act professional....He thinks that's the way to motivate people I suppose....Lots going on in Dallas right now.....I'm just waiting for the right time to disclose everything...Jack my brother I will PM you tomorrow with some interesting news....Got your PM......I'm so not surprised.

this reminds me when vitran bought pjax, just on a lower tier. i see alot of drivers standing around waiting for routes and trucks. trailers misloaded and routes from hell. better pull the reigns in matty before daddy sees his money disappear and flatlines.

this reminds me when vitran bought pjax, just on a lower tier. i see alot of drivers standing around waiting for routes and trucks. trailers misloaded and routes from hell. better pull the reigns in matty before daddy sees his money disappear and flatlines.
Routes from hell is an understatement.....They don't even concern themselves with trying to keep the multiple shipments to the same consignee together....One skid shipment in the nose while the other shipment of four skids are on the tail with no way to move the other shipments in the middle because most of us don't have pallet jacks. They get pissed if you strip your trailer in the morning to put them together....So now I just make two stops to Joe Blow when it could have been just one....Real productive....I'm just running it the way it's loaded from now on.