Here is the main reason I don't play the lottery giving up your indenity to claim the winings.

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by Apostolic, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

That amount of money you could buy a lot of security. .. I'll take it and give her a share for the lost of my identity. ... no problem ...:wee:

3. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Your dispatcher CAN'T drive Your Truck!! AD-FREE USER

IF you are in court fighting for anonymity, you've lost the fight.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  4. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

from what i have read in a previous account of a lottery winner, he (or) she went to a financial advisor who then got the owner into some sort of LLC and from there, that person was unknown.

so it stands to reason, win more than say 10 million dollars, go seek a professional advisor.

in another story, someone sent his/her attorney to go pick up the check. now in THAT instance, the check was photographed, the owners name WAS on it, but NO pics of the actual owner. at least that way, that person can walk freely about and no one would be the wiser.

Apostolic likes this.
  5. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Owner of Patel Hat And Canvas LLC.

They could hire Big Dave to hide them under his hat when in public???

DCM_Doc, Big Dave and Stimpy like this.
  6. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Could one trust big dave??? What if he just had a sticky bun??? And I'm not talking Donna.

Big Dave likes this.
  7. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Apostolic, seabreeze and pro1driver like this.
  8. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

as long as i get my money, i could care less where the rest goes. my state (by law) is supposed to have a yearly accounting of all monies taken in and dispersed....

i still wait for that, oh by about 40+ years now. and if one calls the lottery, one is told, "it's coming"

9. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

All of you pool your monies into one account. Give it to me and I’ll let you know if I need security or not.

pro1driver likes this.
  10. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Owner of Patel Hat And Canvas LLC.

[​IMG]
    How could you not trust the man in the coop??

11. Apostolic

Sure who wouldn't want to come into some really big pot of gold.
    Although if it should happen to anyone they should have the right to spend it the way they want.
    Without folks attempting to bleed it away from them.

The other rip off of lotteries,is that when you opt for a lump sum you get less then half of the total winnings.
    Also you paid the tax on the dollars you spent on the tickets.
    However after the US & state governments take out their share you even have less.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  12. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

It's more than the two dollars I spent buying it... I look at it as a very cheap pipe dream .

13. deadbeat

deadbeat Member

Give me the money I'll give them all my info even my dementions ,blood type ,under wear color and size. Anything they want to know for a half billion.

14. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

I heard on a radio show that said she could have a trusted friend sign the back of her ticket or even a lawyer ( under contract ) so she doesn't have to be identified. Instead she's losing 10s of thousands in interest money each day she waits to collect

15. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

right, it is also known as a trust fund. it could be under someone else's name, from what i was told, not sure however if it can be under (say) a corporation or LLC. there have been a few articles regarding getting around being identified.

BUT you cannot sign that ticket, UNTIL you speak with a financial planner/account/attorney.

my CPA, is all 3, highly educated in finances, tax laws, etx..

16. 20_yrs_2_go

She already signed the ticket. That's why she's going public because the lottery officials told her to show up for her mug shot

17. Apostolic

Well then seems her biggest error was signing the ticket,subjecting herself to the official rules to be identified to collect the money.
    So once she comes forward she can expect to get hounded for her winnings.
    Unless she buys a hideaway some place with a high fence & electric gate folks will be bugging her till every cent is gone.

Yes I wouldn't mind coming into a lot of money,but it is not worth the hassle if everyone knew I had it.

18. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

I don't think Bill Gates has a problem with it.... Or any other rich person that has lots of money.... This is just a new way of life you have to get used to it have a secretary to take all those phone calls and them begging people .

I sure would like to have that problem .... to try to figure out what to do with all that money...

19. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

i know she did, she should have gone to seek legal advice, first. if you ever took notice, many times, it is like weeks if not a few months, before someone cashes in the winning ticket. most likely, setting up barriers (of some sort) thru legal channels.

20. 20_yrs_2_go