Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

Think I'll order a bunch of YRC baseball caps since it's getting to look like they'll become collectors items very soon. :hide:

im a ex dock worker . can some1 explain please ."increase use of purchased transportation ". outside venders ?

What do we get in return? A NEGOTIATION means there is give and take. You want something from me you need to offer something in return. So what do we get?? And the first official, union or company, who says "you get to keep your job", gets my no ballot shoved down their f'n throat

I work for upsf, purchass transportation means they will use contractors to pull your road runs and in some cases they will use them in the rural areas, where your peddle runs are far from your terminal, the farthest runs. These contractors will hurt the bottom guys on the road runs the most, you will be sitting at home more because of them. Don't vote them in you will regret it.

I is that contribution dropped a.25 or to a .25 and pay freeze for non cdl will be the end of teamsters

Informed sources have told me that the company have made proposals they want voted on by employeess, in the next few days will be widly known...

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot only after 40
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon

(This was posted for KK by Jeff)
Ludicwus, ludacrisp hardly due justice to that $0.25/hr for your H&W. I do hope there's a mistake on that one at least. Not that the rest is desirable. If this gets passed we're all screwed the hard way. An all new hard way at that.

H&W dropped to .25 an hour cant be right. At 40 hours that would be 10 bucks a week or $520 per year. You couldn't buy one month of medical coverage with that. As far as overtime after 40, I guess that's their way of curbing the use of FMLA. Now if you book off FMLA, you would lose the day and most if not all your overtime pay for the week.....

I work for upsf, purchass transportation means they will use contractors to pull your road runs and in some cases they will use them in the rural areas, where your peddle runs are far from your terminal, the farthest runs. These contractors will hurt the bottom guys on the road runs the most, you will be sitting at home more because of them. Don't vote them in you will regret it.

more rail and cartage

for your peddle runs the towns that yall deliver to where there is no terminal at like thats maybe an 1 to 2 hours away they will you contractors for delivers and pickups. Once the contractor pool is up enough they will cancel some of your road bid runs permanently and the contractors will run that all the time. Your extra board will suffer especially the bottom guys like i said on my other post. Don't vote them are in. Half of fleet at upsf for the road runs are contractors. Thats 1 of the reason are contract voted down

Informed sources have told me that the company have made proposals they want voted on by employeess, in the next few days will be widly known...

These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon

No wonder YRC is going broke. Does ABF pay overtime after 8 hours as well? I don't think any other LTL carriers pay overtime after 8 hours. Many pay after 45 and some after 55 hours. You boys had better do something because the banks want their money and the other truckers want your hide!

No wonder YRC is going broke. Does ABF pay overtime after 8 hours as well? I don't think any other LTL carriers pay overtime after 8 hours. Many pay after 45 and some after 55 hours. You boys had better do something because the banks want their money and the other truckers want your hide!
If the Teamsters allow this to happen, the nonunion companies will have nothing to fear from the Teamsters union! The union will be seen as a company friend not a worker friend.

There is no way they are saying H&W at .25 cents per hour.. If anything it's 25% of current rate like the pension

Ludicwus, ludacrisp hardly due justice to that $0.25/hr for your H&W. I do hope there's a mistake on that one at least. Not that the rest is desirable. If this gets passed we're all screwed the hard way. An all new hard way at that.

H&W dropped to .25 an hour cant be right. At 40 hours that would be 10 bucks a week or $520 per year. You couldn't buy one month of medical coverage with that. As far as overtime after 40, I guess that's their way of curbing the use of FMLA. Now if you book off FMLA, you would lose the day and most if not all your overtime pay for the week.....

I am not privy to the details of the $.25 contribution rate, but what I am guessing is:

In the 2008 contract, $1/year was to be split between H&W with the remainder going to pension contributions.

With the MOU, H&W was not compromised. (In Western States, we have not seen any increase in copay) But pension contributions were suspended until 6/11 then 25%. (NO increase to pensions since, even @ 25%)

Rather than continue the ANNUAL $1 increase that has not been addressed since passage in 2008, the company wants to reduce that to $.25 annually with members making up the difference in cost.

Like I said, I am not a fly on the wall, nor do I have a source. This is just my take on that info.

Regardless, it sucks!