Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

Holy cow chip, Annieo, you sure have been busy, This year I am Thankful that you are and busy and doing well. Your friend ESP

Albag please! You continue to berate the others about name calling and you do the same DAMN thing. Look at your post above, 363, is that not name calling? Stop being a hypocrite.

Your points and opinions are highly respected here on TB, but, "COME ON MAN"!

Post #363:

I'm so thrilled to learn of the altruistic concern from our brothers and sisters at ABF. If YRCF remains in business there will be 26,000 TEAMSTERS EMPLOYED.
I fear only people whose brains are substantially smaller than another portion of their anatomy.
Either way this vote goes, ABF will be returning to the well.

I don't see anything in this post that is calling anyone a "name".......

Well, after the vote is over we all may disappear because there is a fair chance we won't be teamsters anymore. Unless LTL issues are your hobby…fortunately they aren’t mine.

This is the first time my local has failed so completely that I had to get all of my information from a forum (but sincerely, thanks guys! it sure beats being kept in the dark) rather than at meetings or from the IBT and TDU. Also, I've never been as worried about the outcome before. I just thought this time I might as well throw in my two cents - at least I have a different take on some of these issues. So why not join in the fray?

We clearly disagree - but being one of those "sheep" everyone worries about, I'm just trying to understand the shut her down argument because for the life of me I don't understand how it would help anyone involved.

Plus these posts have been great entertainment around the dinner table. My kids even follow it now and we argue about some of the issues...and laugh about some of the responses. So thank you for thinking I have what it takes to be management - maybe I too can run a company into the ground...multiple times? There is hope for a second career after all...

Yeah! Just GREAT entertainment! Ha! Ha! Ha!

The IBT hasn't cared about LTL for decades! Period! Even after the CF/Conjob fiasco!
Do you ever browse the Conway boards? The employees are perhaps, more miserable than us!
Have you ever researched the Teamster logo? What the 2 headed horse signifies?

Do you actually believe you could/cannot find a "job" somewhere else in the United States of America?
If you are accident/injury free, you could find a new employer tomorrow.
Maybe, not for the same wage OR not at home every single evening, BUT you will still survive.

By the way, 6 supervisors on Thanksgiving eve, bronco-busting us 12 employees (600+ bills), for socializing, AFTER laying off 5 OB employees 3 weeks ago, does not sit well with me. Especially after forcing us OT till 5:30 a.m. in the morning.

I salute Mr.Welch, his cronies, the propaganda DVD, the creditors, with a double finger gesture!

Damn, do I love the holiday! Choke on that turkey and let us celebrate something to be grateful for, besides just employment!

If the company tries to file for bankruptcy under any chapter.The federal bankruptcy judge will throw them out.Just like the other two times yrcw tried to file.As long as the company is paying their creditors the minimum required and meeting their obligations.Which they are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Got a link or any documentation to back up the statement that YRCW has tried to file BK twice?

If the company tries to file for bankruptcy under any chapter.The federal bankruptcy judge will throw them out.Just like the other two times yrcw tried to file.As long as the company is paying their creditors the minimum required and meeting their obligations.Which they are.

Bankruptcy is possible whenever liabilities exceed assets. Here's some grist to mill up. How many here want our wages, benefits, and work rules decided by a federal judge?

Still wont go to bankruptcy court.You all do not realize how much money and assets yrcw has worldwide.Go drink some more koolaid or pound sand

Still wont go to bankruptcy court.You all do not realize how much money and assets yrcw has worldwide.Go drink some more koolaid or pound sand

They have squat. Everything is mortgaged out. Most the terminals were sold off and leased back. The pawned anything that wasnt nailed down. Their little assets are worthless. This pig has NO value except as an interest payment. Scrapers will be lined up at the auction.

That may be true somewhat.We do not know all the truths to the deceptions.Worldwide corporation has assets in other places.Dont be shortsighted.They already have us down on both bended knees.So why and what would change the script.If I were a corporation.i certainly wouldnt stop doing what yrc freight and the other subsidiaries are doing.

They have squat. Everything is mortgaged out. Most the terminals were sold off and leased back. The pawned anything that wasnt nailed down. Their little assets are worthless. This pig has NO value except as an interest payment. Scrapers will be lined up at the auction.

I'm afraid that yrc-atm is correct. YRCW couldn't make change for a nickel if you spotted them 4 pennies. And as I've been chastised for name calling I'll just leave it there.

If you remember, it was a couple of years ago that they came to us with the same song and dance. If I remember correctly, didn't they say they need additional work rule changes, giving up vacation, no contribution into our pension, so that the lenders would grant them more money to operate on. Now here it is again, needing more from the employees' to get more from the banks. Sounds like a broken record. They told us in the last MOU that the money that we were giving back was to pay down the debt, and now we are hearing that they need to lower their interest rate to be able to pay on the debt. If what we have given up in the last 5 yrs hasn't changed things, what is to make us believe that the next 5 yrs will be any different. My father told me a long time ago, "Once you give something back, that is something that you will never get back" I believe that we are living proof to that.

If you remember, it was a couple of years ago that they came to us with the same song and dance. If I remember correctly, didn't they say they need additional work rule changes, giving up vacation, no contribution into our pension, so that the lenders would grant them more money to operate on. Now here it is again, needing more from the employees' to get more from the banks. Sounds like a broken record. They told us in the last MOU that the money that we were giving back was to pay down the debt, and now we are hearing that they need to lower their interest rate to be able to pay on the debt. If what we have given up in the last 5 yrs hasn't changed things, what is to make us believe that the next 5 yrs will be any different. My father told me a long time ago, "Once you give something back, that is something that you will never get back" I believe that we are living proof to that.

You're buying a lottery ticket. We all are. Is it a gamble you're willing to take that things will improve 5 years down the line? The company is profitable...just not one you factor in the interest payments on the debt. If the economy improves, they might make it. If not, then they probably won't. Either way you're buying a few more years of work with concessions now. It certainly doesn't mean you can't look for something better during that time.

It's worth noting that there will be nothing there to get if they shut down. It's a fine line. We have to vote based on what side we think YRC will fall on.