Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

What about gas prices?? In 08 they were around 2.25 now you are lucky to find a price lower then 3.10. And how about the price of beef? Do me a favor and find me a sales add that has any type of steak ( tbone strip, etc) under 7.99 lb???? Look at the price for a retirees insurance. My ol man was paying 456 a month in 2009 for my mom, straight out of his penaion check. Now it is in the 650 range.so if that price hike is an average of 1% then i must not be half polish....... i guess im `A 100% POLLACK!!!!!!!!

You're a fish?

What about gas prices?? In 08 they were around 2.25 now you are lucky to find a price lower then 3.10. And how about the price of beef? Do me a favor and find me a sales add that has any type of steak ( tbone strip, etc) under 7.99 lb???? Look at the price for a retirees insurance. My ol man was paying 456 a month in 2009 for my mom, straight out of his penaion check. Now it is in the 650 range.so if that price hike is an average of 1% then i must not be half polish....... i guess im `A 100% POLLACK!!!!!!!!

The short answer is that it depends on where you live, what you buy, etc. You need a phd to really understand how it works - at least the people who run the bls all have them in economics. But US inflation is about 1%. As Wolf rightly pointed out earlier, some things are excluded from some measures. But the site below should help you figure out what inflation is in your area and how it gets measured - I learned a lot reading through it.

Consumer Price Index Frequently Asked Questions

Hi guys, back on the road so I have a little time to post. I got home wednesday morning to find a bunch of mail from y r c on my kitchen counter. I instantly thought what an insult to my family and myself. I threw it all right in the garbage . I did not look at it all. Did they think that this was going to be the topic at the dining room table on Thanksgiving Day. I don't think so . It is so sad the extremes that these people go through to try to steal money off of us and fill their pockets with it, so sad. If you really feel that you need to vote yes and you're not a yrc implant on truckers boards that is a decision you're going to have to make but for me I'm voting No. But just remember we are all brothers here and to vote YES on this would be to take every bit of overtime off of everybody on the dock and allow shiny wheels to come in and take my load at any time besides not funding the pension which is ultimately my security for my family and myself. It is a very sad day to see the extremes that yrc has gone thru. What little respect I did have for our management I lost. FS 123 Driver.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

The loads aren't yours. The loads(the work/ the jobs) belong to the employer. The IBT contracts to do that work- at the company's discretion, via the contract. You CAN give away more of the negotiated control, but you don't own the job....

The money, 'filling their pockets', isn't yours either. Until it finally hits your bank account- it's theirs- gathered either by generating revenue providing service ( :biglaugh:), or by borrowing from the banks or selling stock ( :biglaugh: )

Just sayin.... :LMAO: (here we go again...)

I am so glad that I am NOT in the foxhole with some of you guys I would be still shooting and some of you would be raising the white flag . How many times do we vote contract down and a comeback with the better 1 for us to vote in or how many times did the International fight for a better deal then the first one that was thrown at them. Like I said you gotta make your own decision on your vote but come on guys some of you after being here 30 years and you didn't learn anything yet I really think it's time the take that g string of and put the man pants back on and get a set of balls. Lets show the company that we are one and not only vote no but let's all vote I mean all of us FS 123 Driver

Hey , KK & Jeff, can you post any news from the Dec 6th Friday meeting and any links to the meeting info, IF you hear of any ? Thank You

Will they even be able to have the meeting today with the bad weather they are getting in Dallas?

I am so glad that I am NOT in the foxhole with some of you guys I would be still shooting and some of you would be raising the white flag . How many times do we vote contract down and a comeback with the better 1 for us to vote in or how many times did the International fight for a better deal then the first one that was thrown at them. Like I said you gotta make your own decision on your vote but come on guys some of you after being here 30 years and you didn't learn anything yet I really think it's time the take that g string of and put the man pants back on and get a set of balls. Lets show the company that we are one and not only vote no but let's all vote I mean all of us FS 123 Driver
If you read the posts of the people who say to vote yes, they are mostly former employees that have no dog in this hunt. Oh they'll tell you how it was when they used to work here but this vote will not affect them.:27::shrug: They are here to argue that you must give in or they'll be upset that their propaganda was worthless.

If you read the posts of the people who say to vote yes, they are mostly former employees that have no dog in this hunt. Oh they'll tell you how it was when they used to work here but this vote will not affect them.:27::shrug: They are here to argue that you must give in or they'll be upset that their propaganda was worthless.

Hmm, you don't refute or contest the arguments the so-called "yes" folks make when they discuss the issues involved. Instead you make somewhat disparaging comments about them. Typical response.when you have no argument of substance to use to contradict them.

jimmy g do you think this is a laughing situation ? Do you really think you need to explain how the job works to me. I'm only here 25 Years but I think I know how it works. One thing I don't understand is why you would write a post with no meaning unless you're a Yrc implant then that would make sense. The biglaugh :) and biglaugh:) was a shore give a way. Personally I think you are a very sad individual. Next post just sign your name to it. Frank Sickle 123 Driver

They can stick it up their MF arses! All they do is lie, management got their vacations back after 13 months they were told to lie to us! They are just at 12% kickback! This company will never make money because they don't need to as long as they feel they will have yes voters! STICK TOGETHER BROTHERS VOTE THIS DOWN! VOTE NO!

They have already humiliated the Teamsters and blamed us! They need to blame themselves, no offense Yellow people we are still all family here! But Yellow Corp is a cancer, that's the easiest way to explain! They don't know how to treat their employees all they know how to do is treat their wallets and screw the people that make the money for them!

How many times do we vote contract down and a comeback with the better 1 for us to vote in or how many times did the International fight for a better deal then the first one that was thrown at them

Do you honestly believe that this is just another "routine" contract negotiation?? .....Seriously???

come on guys some of you after being here 30 years and you didn't learn anything yet

I don't know how long you have been around....but you show that you have not learned much if anything about the situation as it stands....

I got home wednesday morning to find a bunch of mail from y r c on my kitchen counter. I instantly thought what an insult to my family and myself. I threw it all right in the garbage . I did not look at it all.

Okay...now I see why you don't seem to have learned much...or understand much of what is at stake....Really you and your Family were insulted that the Company sent you information as to what is going on and what the stakes are??? ...Didn't even look at it....and yet you think your informed.....

If you really feel that you need to vote yes and you're not a yrc implant on truckers boards that is a decision you're going to have to make but for me I'm voting No.

Such a profound statement.......yes..I'm just kidding......it really wasn't.....However, I have a question, ...Just what is a "yrc implant" ? .. Are we all not members of Truckingboards? ..

But just remember we are all brothers here and to vote YES on this would be to take every bit of overtime off of everybody on the dock and allow shiny wheels to come in and take my load at any time

What a minute.... How do you know that? I thought you said that you didn't read any information..just threw it right in the garbage....but you know this is a fact?....Ohhh yes I know....it was only the information from YRCF that you didn't read.....but you read all the "real" facts on here.... and besides as another poster explained to you....it's not your load.......

not funding the pension which is ultimately my security for my family and myself.

....Voting no, which may ultimately result in closure, is somehow going to strengthen your pension and increase security for you and your Family?? Seriously? Remember what you said... we are all Brothers here....but it seems to me your only concerned with yourself..You even forgot that we are not just all "brothers"...you failed to mention our teamster Sisters too......You need to stop thinking of just yourself if you believe that were all Brothers and Sisters.......and start thinking of whats in the best interests of everyone that has a stake in this......

I really think it's time the take that g string of and put the man pants back on and get a set of balls.

Ohh that's a nice one.....With your type it seems to always come down to nonsense like this....I suppose you think that your juvenile remark is "clever" didn't you?? What is it with some you that think comments like this is going to inspire people to rally to your "cause".....???

I can tell from which part of your anatomy you "think" with....but I would recommend that people should be using their brains to think about the seriousness of the situation and the ramifications of our choices, rather than concentrating on getting "a set of balls".... You should try that sometime....

My " cause" ? does anybody pushing for a yes vote have a brain or maybe take a second and read your post. I know your looking at that $ 750.00 bribe and got it spent all ready. I now know I'm wasting my time with you Yrc implants. LOL RL. Ra Ra go Yrc go Yrc. Read the bribe real good and vote No. O ya Frank Sickle 123 Road Driver With Balls

My " cause" ? does anybody pushing for a yes vote have a brain or maybe take a second and read your post. I know your looking at that $ 750.00 bribe and got it spent all ready. I now know I'm wasting my time with you Yrc implants. LOL RL. Ra Ra go Yrc go Yrc. Read the bribe real good and vote No. O ya Frank Sickle 123 Road Driver With Balls

Typical response..... Ignore the questions......You really haven't given things much actual thought have you?

does anybody pushing for a yes vote have a brain or maybe take a second and read your post

The anwser is yes.....people that can see past the nonsense that people like you push do have a "Brain" and it's obvious that you did not read my post or you have a hard time with comprehension.....take your pick....

I know your looking at that $ 750.00 bribe and got it spent all ready.

You don't know anything about me.....if you did you would realize just how stupid that comment made you look......But like I said... you don't me so I'll give you a pass on that.....

I now know I'm wasting my time with youI now know I'm wasting my time with you Yrc implants

You bring that up again.... What is a "Yrc implant"? ...Aren't we all members of Truckingboards? You didn't respond before so I won't hold my breath that you will this time either.....

LOL RL. Ra Ra go Yrc go Yrc. Read the bribe real good and vote No.

Typical ..... Instead of offering some intelligent insight into the situation you reduce yourself to this.....and your not embarrassed?

O ya Frank Sickle

How does this add any credibility to your nonsensical ramblings?

Road Driver With Balls

It would better if you had Brains... that is what is needed at this critical time.....I don't know what is with you guys anyway...always focusing on the "balls"...maybe that's your problem....Put aside your fetish with "balls" and try to use your Brain....just once.....ok "Frank"?