Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

Take the time to read their report to the security exchange. Top brass walks out scott free, just like Hostess. You know, the company that also had Mr. Harry Wilson as their restructuring expert and who now has a nice, tidy sum of 5 million dollars to do the same thing for YRC. They are all guaranteed their lovely wages (plus bonuses) after the workers give back some more AGAIN and the company restructures anyway.

Purely speculation on my part, buy I could see them wanting to pay .25 cents less an hour into H&W- Could see it, don't agree with it. It would be 10 bucks less per week and you would eventually end up paying 10 bucks a week for your medical instead of nothing.......The increased purchased transportation thing could mean them wanting the freedom to rail more freight. As far as I know, UPS package gets to rail an unlimited amount of freight. Once again all speculation on my part......

The Union would be crazy to even allow this to be voted on!! And people thought me and a few others were "stupid" for not even wanting to hear what the company had to offer.....surely you people know how YRC operates after all these years? Close the doors and let the other Union carriers get stronger!! If this gets voted in it will not be the end of the concessions......a bully always comes back for more.....

Whoa there- come down off the ledge. You still don't know what the final proposal is. Wait until you see something in writing....

the people who got this company in trouble in the first place sit in the glass house and collect their big checks and bonuses but want us to pay for this crap, i am voting no no no

Purely speculation on my part, buy I could see them wanting to pay .25 cents less an hour into H&W- Could see it, don't agree with it. It would be 10 bucks less per week and you would eventually end up paying 10 bucks a week for your medical instead of nothing.......The increased purchased transportation thing could mean them wanting the freedom to rail more freight. As far as I know, UPS package gets to rail an unlimited amount of freight. Once again all speculation on my part......

nothttp://www.truckingboards.com/forum/yrc-freight/100264-here-what-company-going-put-up-vote.html not .25 less. Reduced TO .25/hr. Or am I trippin?

Purchase transportation, as I understand it, is the use of outside carriers to move the freight your company is being paid to move. These are mostly OTR companies (i.e. USA Truck, JB Hunt, Schneider) who are used to move trailers full of freight from one terminal to the next. Contracts are generally signed with these companies because the traffic is predictable and most of these companies pay their drivers relatively low wages.

Here's the thing though...that $10's now, this year is "ok" but when each dollar buys less and less insurance every year, by the time the contract ends it will be at the ACA's bare minimum requirements if your lucky.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that our so called pension relies on bringing in new membership. So how does contracting out our work help us? All this does is cut TEAMSTERS jobs!. I hope that all you spineless testicle-less past yes men know that you are the ones who have Created this monster. This is just another dagger in our hearts. It is time to stick it to them and Vote this down in a big way, and let them close the doors at least we will have Killed this beast our way. We will always be painted as the bad guys , we know the truth, this was planned failure from the start and as your pension goes you can't lose what you don't have.

Informed sources have told me that the company have made proposals they want voted on by employeess, in the next few days will be widly known...

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot only after 40
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon

(This was posted for KK by Jeff)

Pardon my stupid question. That is a .25 cents increase
Increase in H/W versus what was suppose to be about a dollar increase?

Informed sources have told me that the company have made proposals they want voted on by employeess, in the next few days will be widly known...

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot only after 40
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon

(This was posted for KK by Jeff)
this isnt proof enough to me, to comment on!

Ludicwus, ludacrisp hardly due justice to that $0.25/hr for your H&W. I do hope there's a mistake on that one at least. Not that the rest is desirable. If this gets passed we're all screwed the hard way. An all new hard way at that.
Presently YRCW pays $307.70 a week (Central States H&W) or $7.69 an hour for health & welfare coverage, and $70.00 a week (Central States Pension) or $1.75 an hour for pension coverage. The NMFA says that on August 1 of each year the H&W & Pension contributions are supposed to go up by $1.00 per hour. Maybe YRCW is trying to cap the H&W hourly contribution to .25/hr and hang on to the rest of the $1.00 like ABF did? By the way, ABF in addition to paying the H&W contribution to Central States, is still paying $8.55 an hour or $342.00 a week into the Central States Pension Fund per employee! Will the .25 cents an hour cap cover the C-6 plan for the next 5 years? I guess Central States H&W (Teamcare) will have to answer that!