Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

Ya that's a good idea. Let's decertify. Then we can work for minimum wage. Have no vacations. No work rules and no seniority. You Overnite guys are funny. The ink on your first contract is barely dry and yet you want us to decertify with the Union. Lol. The NMFA has been around since the 50's and many men and women have fought very hard to obtain the things we have and I for one will not spit in those peoples face the way you imply.

Voting away all that was faught for is spitting in their eye.

As I do not work for your company, dont want to mis speak to cause problems. But, two things. First, I was in the Teamsters Union for 12 years, back in the 80's. Drove for ETMF until they were bought out and we were not dovetailed in, (A whole nother story). Due to my circumstances at the time, another union job did not work out. After working at R&L , while a good job, there were some things not right. no overtime, ever, almost no breakdown pay, no pay for waiting on your line haul, (which can be hours at R&L.) . losing line hauls to outside carriers, etc. Many of their drivers still consider it a good job, which in veiw of todays truck driver market, it is, just not as good as it could be. The whole point is you are much better off with the union than without it in my opinion. Second point, at R&L it started out the same way, purchased power was for overflow. Remember, some of the outside companies drivers are working for half what you make, and the company can do the math. Less costs, more profit. just sayin watch out. not wanting to cause problems.

ANd to think all you heritage Yellow men actually James Welch was the savior and really had a deep care and concern for you.. Seems to me hes just as big a ***** as Bill Zollars!!!! But dont worry boys, if this is true the sheep will vote yes and we will just keep dying this slow death.. God love YFS,, nobody else does..

Informed sources have told me that the company have made proposals they want voted on by employeess, in the next few days will be widly known...

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot only after 40
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon

(This was posted for KK by Jeff)
A sign of the times.
It appears Corporate behavior has reached new lows just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. For all you non union people out there, if this was your company they would just implement it! At least we have a say on it.
This is what I believe, companies in the US know the working person is vulnerable so they are going for the juggler by keeping hiring real low and making current workers do more. It's been occurring in our industry for years via subcontracting. Seniority lists shrink while cartage increases!
US Companies are still making a profit, just look at the stock market ( well above 15,0000 ) someone is making money! Why is all the US job growth in low paying jobs, two reasons:
1- easy for the employer to control those workers psychologically along with being more profitable
2- by design, because if you had a choice to go somewhere else to keep what you have you'd be long gone

This is the time to most vigilant and strong but yet our union continually operates from a concessionary stance. Why? Because in the past selling out the new guy was an easy way to keep the status quo for the current guys. Then it evolved a little to chop away what the current workers had "won" in the past. Now the companies' greed know no bounds and the crumbs from the past bargaining accomplishments are not enough to satiate them. They want what little you have left.
Hoffa too dumb to realize this? I think not, he seems to be more on their side than ours. The evidence of his contract legacy is evidence enough and speaks for itself.
Unfortunately the pendulum is swinging back to the employer side and this time will be that much more difficult to pull it back at the very least to the middle. With all the anti union laws and etc in place you can forget about getting it back to our side, so settling for middle ground may very well the best we hope to achieve, but continuing on this current path we are only pushing the " pendulum " further to their side and away from anything we would hope to achieve.
The membership has a gigantic decision to make. How to stop it, roll the dice and say no more as the future either way is almost the same.

Really I cannot believe they would have the nerve to even ask for any of these things.We have given so much already.
What do they think people would do with everything in our economy going up in cost and the want to request a pay freeze
for all non cod employees.The big guys might be comfortable with their big salaries but they are making it hard to so many others.
I totally cannot see this vote going through.We cannot keep paying for their ignorance and lack of ability to run a profitable company.
This is just my opinion.

First of all YRC doesn't own anything near 1.4 BILLION in assets real estate equipment nothing anywhere near that amount, that is why I believe these banks won't shut YRC down. They do know that YRC can make payments and operate for a long time if they restructure the loans. To answer the second part of your question I believe ABF got 20% back from their employees for 3 yrs. after they bought Carolina freight back in the 90's sorry I don't know the exact year. I'm sure I will be corrected on this if I'm wrong.

Yes you are wrong until the first of this month ABF has not taken any pay cut's. Also if you think the banks are concerned about 1.4 billion after they have probably made 1/2 or more back on the interest and loan fee's alone think again. If the bank's were required to pay taxes that would just be a nice little loss so us working stiff's could pony up our tax money to assist the poor banker's in their time of need! JP just agreed to 13 billion plus settlement with the fed's and that will not put a dent in their earning's. They have made their money from YRC. If they can keep this gravy train rolling they will, if for no other reason than to pad their bonus money. Otherwise they will get what they can from asset's if any, and sell the rest for scrap. All the while patting themselves on the back because they did all they could to save YRC and all those well paying job's!

don't know what your whining about. 1 the pay freeze isn't for truck drivers its for NON cdl employees. 2 overtime after 40, big deal, some ltl companies pay strait time no matter how many hours you work and certainly not after 40 hours. 3 everybody's health insurance premiums are going up, your not alone. 4 well, #4 just makes sense to me. just my view, maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.
So what you are saying is because I'm a CDL driver I should throw everyone else under the truck because that part doesn't effect me? You have no idea at all what it means to be union. Good or bad, if I agree w/ the rest of the members or not, I'll stand with my bothers & sisters inside working or outside the gate fighting. I may not agree w/ a lot of these guys & actually despise some of them for their spineless actions to "just keep a job" no matter what the sacrifice, but I will stand with them no matter what the outcome.
Divide & conquer is how these companies always work.

kinda sounds more like concessions than flexibility ??? gonna be real easy to check the NO box .

Everyone has to do what they need to do, I just want the truth and facts, before I can even think about it, but when I have a local ,not just any local but as he like bragging at the last Union meeting THE FORTH LARGEST LOCAL IN THE COUNTRY , the Over the Road Chairman at the JAC, ABF Negotiations member and always been on YRC and they say they don't know anything, that haven't been contacted, the agent is mostly missing, I feel bad I ask a Steward , I knew more than him, so how can I make a decision all I know is what I see on the boards.

This is what I learned at our GM metting tonight out of Local 952. The HW proposal is this, the company wants to reduce the hourly contribution to .25 cents per hour per employee per year, which will not cover the total amount needed to cover our HW cost, especially while the cost increases every year as does everything. Everything else KK posted about the rest of the companies proposal is ringing true. There is still a lot to learn about the companies proposal and more detailed information will be available very soon.

Thanks to KK and Jeff @ TB for staying on top of things for us at YRC. The information you provide is greatly appreciated.

OK...I just got in and I am not driving now....so let me respond.

The information is very credible....note that Lager mentions the Local 952 GM meeting and they discussed this at great lengths. Kudos to HIS Local for making this effort!

The $.25 is per each year of the MOU....do you guys even know how your H&W is paid?

Lager confirmed at HIS Local's meeting it is a 25 cent per hour for each hour on the H&W...plain and simple.

from what I have seen in this, and if it comes to a vote....we ALL must vote this down.

Some of you show no concern for others involved....AN INJURY TO ONE, IS AN INJURY TO ALL!

The non-CDL employees need support form ALL of us in fighting this.

No OT after 8 hours and only after 40?....BS!! This is one of the very foundations of the NMFA since 1964.

Some of you who work on the dock and get OT have some blame for this proposal. Some work 3-4 days and get 9-14 hours each day with OT and then lay out on the 5th day....how long did you think they would let this slide?....but most of all, we MUST protect OT after 8 hours at all cost!

More will be forth coming soon....just wait it out and lets see where it is going....THANKS AGAIN Lager for sharing the Local 952 meeting infor with us all....that is what makes TB the MOST credible source out there for us all.....STILL A NO VOTE IF IT HAPPENS!.....KK

Yes you are wrong until the first of this month ABF has not taken any pay cut's. Also if you think the banks are concerned about 1.4 billion after they
have probably made 1/2 or more back on the interest and loan fee's alone think again. If the bank's were required to pay taxes that would just be a nice little loss so us working stiff's could pony up our tax money to assist the poor banker's in their time of need! JP just agreed to 13 billion plus settlement with the fed's and that will not put a dent in their earning's. They have made their money from YRC. If they can keep this gravy train rolling they will, if for no other reason than to pad their bonus money. Otherwise they will get what they can from asset's if any, and sell the rest for scrap. All the while patting themselves on the back because they did all they could to save YRC and all those well paying job's!

No youstill haven't proven me wrong. You read this incorrectly the question I was answering asked, has any company survived a give back ? I said ABF did back in the 90s after the purchase of Carolina freight. ABF's resent pay cut was contractual and was a different situation than the question posed.

don't know what your whining about. 1 the pay freeze isn't for truck drivers its for NON cdl employees. 2 overtime after 40, big deal, some ltl companies pay strait time no matter how many hours you work and certainly not after 40 hours. 3 everybody's health insurance premiums are going up, your not alone. 4 well, #4 just makes sense to me. just my view, maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.

So I guess you feel we should join the race to the bottom.