here it is

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by trucker999, Aug 7, 2009.

1. trucker999

trucker999 Member

Teamster Freight Members Ratify YRCW Job Security Plan
    Teamster members who work at the freight companies of YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW)—Yellow, Roadway and Holland—have approved a Job Security Plan that provides economic relief for YRCW as it works to get through the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. The modifications were ratified by a 58.5 percent to 41.5 percent margin, with 64 percent of members casting ballots. Ballots were mailed to union members on July 17 and counted today.

2. trucker999

trucker999 Member

im hearing new penn voted it down.anybodyelse hear that.

3. deville00

deville00 Member

726 no 463 yes

4. 2631

2631 Member

5. THEBIGSHOW

THEBIGSHOW Member

Well done brothers! At least one company has the balls to stand up to these ***holes! Bravo!

6. ODFLGUY

ODFLGUY Member

That just gave Zollars the green light to shut us down. Well done brothers!

7. nightowl

nightowl Active Member

do you think they will shut down the only money maker they have? that would be a bad business decision. oh wait i forgot who's running the show....

8. hayseed

hayseed Member

Guess you should have gotten Zollers before he got you.

9. 1.) Zollars probably doesn't need a pension check.

2.) How can you expect a man to agree to losing a pension contribution, one that he was contractually entitled to, and one that he may have been getting for decades, all while the company made a profit.

3.) There more to life than New Penn.

10. Pretty sleazy, cutting a contractual pension contribution before having the vote to allow it. I'm not surprised members are disgusted.

NP-18y
    Union 22y

11. ctroadrunner

ctroadrunner Member

They dont want any bad publicity i say maybe a revote maybe nothing we pay our own bills so they are allready ahead of the game.

12. detour

detour Member

my guys did well

but remeber the banks are ok with neww penn

let the chips fall where they may now

13. stevenk829

stevenk829 New Member

NO MORE DOLLARS FOR ZOLLARS!!!
    Screw him. He's steered the ship into the icebergs
    too many times. I worked too long, and
    too hard to give it back to somebody who
    has taken home over 40+ MILLION DOLLARS...
    and made every mistake possible.

That kind of management does NOT
    deserve concessions...
    That's my final answer

14. t-scan

t-scan Member

i proud of the np teamsters i wish you where in our area stl 621 will stand along side you anytime t.k.scanlon city 621 stl yrc

15. trucker999

trucker999 Member

The company also announced progress on improving its liquidity position by executing contracts with NorthAmerican Terminals Management, Inc. ('NATMI') to sell and simultaneously lease back certain facilities, and to sell additional excess properties. The aggregate sales price is approximately $81 million and the property sales are intended to close during the third and fourth quarters of 2009. Sale and financing leaseback transactions are now expected to generate around $375 million of cash proceeds and excess property sales should generate over $100 million in 2009.

16. Hooddock

Hooddock Member

He`s color blind!!! To the New Penn brothers job well done!!:clap::clap:

17. trenton86

trenton86 Member

Great job all on the vote...ZOLLAR needs to be stop and the IBT needs to wake up..Yrc drivers needed to vote it down..notice yrc stock went up 25 percent after the vote was a yes for them,,,Corporate GREED IN MOTION>

18. NP Driver1

NP Driver1 Banned

Take your crappy attitude and get the hell out of my company! The vote was for Teamsters only and we said enough is enough! Change your name to YRCSales.

19. ODFLGUY

ODFLGUY Member

Sorry NP Driver1, can't do that....Everyone has their own opinions and "the teamster vote NO" at NPME controls the destiny of my career and paycheck for all those "non-union" employees, both in Lebanon and the field and their families. Remember, New Penn Teamsters represent LESS THEN 10% of total teamster population in YRC. So if you view another way, we are not even a pimple on an elephants (YRC ) a**.....New Penn needs YRC, more then YRC needs New Penn. They can close us down on Monday and not miss a beat on next day regional service, as their system is already set up and ready to go. So like I said, all us Non Union NPME employees future's are at the mercy of your NO vote....Obviously we are not part of the solution and don't want to be, so like I said in my first post, Mr Zollars can close us down and will be fully justified, based of the "NO" vote...The damage is done, now we can sit and hope for the best. Personally, the last one out, shut off the lights....Well done brothers....:clap:

20. trucker999

trucker999 Member

The big question is how much of new penns freight will they get.