FedEx Freight | Here it is

I want to vote for the union...

• YES

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • NO

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE.

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters
Like a friend of mine says "drive truck,get check, go home"!

I heard on the radio the other day that Fred Smiths father was a pastor. Guess it didn't rub off. This guys greedy!

I heard on the radio the other day that Fred Smiths father was a pastor. Guess it didn't rub off. This guys greedy!
More like- Drive forklift, do recoup, drive truck for a few miles, drive forklift, wait for dispatch, drive forklift,drive truck back a few miles,drive forklift some more get check,then go home.

Goat said:

You may want to fact check that. Not saying your wrong but his family has been in the transportation industry for 50 years or more. His dad started a bus line that was bought by greyhound. Fred is actually a nice guy it's just business. Also more than likely Fred didn't have anything to do with this decision. He runs the whole company this COO was done on the Freight level so blame Bill Louge. No I'm not a Fred cheer club just want the fact right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You may want to fact check that. Not saying your wrong but his family has been in the transportation industry for 50 years or more. His dad started a bus line that was bought by greyhound. Fred is actually a nice guy it's just business. Also more than likely Fred didn't have anything to do with this decision. He runs the whole company this COO was done on the Freight level so blame Bill Louge. No I'm not a Fred cheer club just want the fact right.

Sorry Skippy!!! Fred is to blame...

When you set at the top you are accountable for everything. The simplistic notion of handing down the responsibility to to subordinates is escapism...and it doesn't work.

You want to set in the big chair...then accept the responsibility or get out.

Fred is all about Fred...

That is the way of it!

Rat

Yea I knew this was true but thought surely that the Pastor Chip Ingram I was listening to had done his homework. He stated that Fred Smiths father "Jame Frederick Smith" was a pastor and had written a book that influenced his life. So I went to his web site and it turns out that the book in question was written by a "Fred Smith Sr." and since "James Frederick Smith" dropped the "James" from his name early on I can see how he made the mistake.

Just goes to show U cant believe everything U hear on the radio...

more like- drive forklift, do recoup, drive truck for a few miles, drive forklift, wait for dispatch, drive forklift,drive truck back a few miles,drive forklift some more get check,then go home.

man i remember back in the a.f days they would run u damn near 200miles with mty's even if there was an imbalance to & from the hub. They cared about service & that was all. Sheridan & his sons were'nt trying to be zillionaires. They were cool with the little millions a.f was making. I mean yeah when it came time to rebid some terminals got hit with the # of bids in one lane being cut. But when the summer bid came back around those bids were right back on...if not more. But cutting a whole lane out! Was unheard of till now.

if a union came in, what do you think will happen with pt? The way i understand it, it would not exist. Union drivers move union freight. It turns my stomach whenever i see a barr nunn trailer in my yard meanwhile, a fellow driver sits at home wondering how he/she is going to cover their bills next month.

welp driver then you'll really hate to see what was in toledo's yard last week.....two conway truckload trailers(53ftr's)....makes u just shake your head.

Goat said:
Yea I knew this was true but thought surely that the Pastor Chip Ingram I was listening to had done his homework. He stated that Fred Smiths father "Jame Frederick Smith" was a pastor and had written a book that influenced his life. So I went to his web site and it turns out that the book in question was written by a "Fred Smith Sr." and since "James Frederick Smith" dropped the "James" from his name early on I can see how he made the mistake.

Just goes to show U cant believe everything U hear on the radio...

So was it his grandfather or no relation at all?

CDS from 36 man board to 26. Not sure how many bids verses extra.

I left there in the last change in the fall. They are totally closing KMGV now! I done with them! I've moved on. Corporate Greed, and management with their heads up each others butts, make for a bad combination! No compassion for their employees what so ever. More money, and PR is all they care about! They need a nice Boycott!

not to discourage the union talk but,
most of the union companys use pt and rail
but its decided at the bargaining table what percentage is to be used
most of them are around 10 - 15 %
just as fedex claims there using
being in the union doesnt guarantee wages,benefits,or how the company runs its business
it does however protect senior drivers,lazy drivers,
instead of letting guys who work there asses off lose there jobs why not cut the lazy , i dont have do that pos's
its just like the schools , pos teachers with tenure can keep on keeping on
pos gov workers keep there jobs, the whole things wrong
get rid of all the lazy mfr's
get rid of incompetent people in this company,

not sure where you are in the world but we have that here now without the union. some sorry POS's stay here because FedEx is scared of a lawsuit.... Just sayin

snddoc1 said:
I left there in the last change in the fall. They are totally closing KMGV now! I done with them! I've moved on. Corporate Greed, and management with their heads up each others butts, make for a bad combination! No compassion for their employees what so ever. More money, and PR is all they care about! They need a nice Boycott!

Leaving with this change. Would still have a bid this time but so tired of the crap. It's always something that they just want to get you with. Great pay and benefits but is all this stress worth it. Don't think so anymore.

Leaving with this change. Would still have a bid this time but so tired of the crap. It's always something that they just want to get you with. Great pay and benefits but is all this stress worth it. Don't think so anymore.

Bye - Bye

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Judging by the results of this poll, I'm glad I'm getting laid off. I don't want to be here when it all crumbles to the ground. I do realize this poll is indicative of only a small percentage of the whole but it's not difficult to see the trend. Just remember that FXF is, finacially, the strongest LTL carrier in the world. The problem seems to be that we have a lot of old school truckers here that just want to do their jobs and go home and a bunch of young executive types who want technology and stringent rules to replace the trucker. It's a Japanese business model at it's core. Doesn't work well withe some of the looser atitudes of the old guard truckers.

It will take a bit of work on both sides of this issue to build the kind of company you can be proud of.

Bye - Bye

Judging by the results of this poll, I'm glad I'm getting laid off. I don't want to be here when it all crumbles to the ground. I do realize this poll is indicative of only a small percentage of the whole but it's not difficult to see the trend. Just remember that FXF is, finacially, the strongest LTL carrier in the world. The problem seems to be that we have a lot of old school truckers here that just want to do their jobs and go home and a bunch of young executive types who want technology and stringent rules to replace the trucker. It's a Japanese business model at it's core. Doesn't work well withe some of the looser atitudes of the old guard truckers.

It will take a bit of work on both sides of this issue to build the kind of company you can be proud of.

(Hmmmm, like this particular cat? hint....up above:fingure:

I'm sorry for those affected by this next round of BS I wasn't affected where I'm at but I'll will say of there were layoffs in my area I'd be one of the first to go , I'm staying till it does god forbid also tell you this where ever you all go I wish you all the best i will also tell you that its all the same everywhere it's all bout numbers. I don't care what anyone says.

Now we sound just like what mngmt wants us to do, just like always if it don't affect me then the heck with all ya, until it does then every one should stand up in arms togather.

They'll just disqualify u as a driver and offer u a dock position. Trust me, seen it happen.

Just curious. The company is throwing alot of people to the extra board, to possibly starve them out. so no unemployment right. My question is can you still collect unemployment if you get fired, if so I think I might just have to have some real good mispulls or something of that nature. Cause I'd be damned if I'd walk away without getting any money from this company, just because they dont want to pay unemployment.