Yellow | Here We Go Again!

mudhole

TB Lurker
Credits
:1036316054: As of 07/05/08 ALL ROAD DRIVERS AT CVE ARE RECALLED. We had all 22 move in the change. As I have stated before, Yellow did not do the math correctly. When a trailer is closed on a time factor, not all of the freight gets loaded as in a full cube. That requires ANOTHER TRAILER for the remainder. Yellow is closing the second trailer 2 hours after the first. All remaining freight will be in a third trailer which is cubed to capacity. MORE TRAILERS=MORE DRIVERS! CVE recalled 50 laided off drivers. In 2 weeks we will hire. I would like to know if other terminals with road drivers have picked up and are running tight on drivers.:funky:

are you sure?

:1036316054: As of 07/05/08 ALL ROAD DRIVERS AT CVE ARE RECALLED. We had all 22 move in the change. As I have stated before, Yellow did not do the math correctly. When a trailer is closed on a time factor, not all of the freight gets loaded as in a full cube. That requires ANOTHER TRAILER for the remainder. Yellow is closing the second trailer 2 hours after the first. All remaining freight will be in a third trailer which is cubed to capacity. MORE TRAILERS=MORE DRIVERS! CVE recalled 50 laided off drivers. In 2 weeks we will hire. I would like to know if other terminals with road drivers have picked up and are running tight on drivers.:funky:
are you sure this is happening? I only have read on here how this new contract and coo will cost jobs not add them:hide:

Rumor has it CVE/RFO will hire more city drivers soon! Maybe some of the 60 Alvan drivers that got laid off in Richfield, (Akron Local 24 members) will get hired?!

When are they going to let us laid off drivers know? I am looking to switch to city. It would be nice to get some people behind me on the seniority list.

Thats great news... :shades:

r u working?

When are they going to let us laid off drivers know? I am looking to switch to city. It would be nice to get some people behind me on the seniority list.
Have you been called to work (not called back) on the road at yellow or are you in limbo? Hang in there. I've seen too many changes where guys left (on the road) and are salivating to get back because they can't.