Here we go again

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So today they gave me the old you're taking to long speech again. I guess I am still averaging 8-10 hours over time a week and allegedly the other guy who used to do this route was only working 2 hours over time a week (average).

I guess last week I worked 50 hours total. Anyhow the trouble is since I have taken over I have had 4-5 places change management and change policies on me. One bar has gone through 3 managers since I took over. The guy who I had first was the best he is now gone. The girl who came after him was okay, but she's gone too. The girl they have now, though works sun up till sun down. Some days she doesn't get to work till whenever and it's caused me to have to wait 40-60 minutes sometimes. By the way I have nipped that in the bud a little I said to her, when do you get here, because I can't be wasting 40 minutes waiting for you to show up. The other problem with that stop is lately they have been ordering twice a week and that's what's been causing the hold up that's 2 hours a week right there wasted. Hopefully after the holidays they go back to once a week. That's the other problem too, during the holidays I have been going to a lot of places that I normally don't have every week like there is a bar I have in the summer that for the past 2 months I have had to go to every week for a lousy 7-9 case order. Well it might be only a one wheel, but I still have to go there dig the order out and then bring it in and collect payment, that all takes time right there.

Also I have had stops added on that the old guy never had to do. Like a certain Marathon station just recently with in the past 2 months went under new ownership and the new ownership started buying from us again. The old guy all 3 years he had the route never had to do that station once.

There is also a beverage store that buys from us and buys heavy there a cash only account I used to deliver there in the morning and pick up payment in the afternoon. Well they bounced two checks so now they are cash only and I can no longer deliver there in the morning, (I mean I can, but if I go back to pick up payment and he doesn't have cash I am screwed, so now I have to hit them later on and they are heavy and since I have to hit them later on and there is no place to park I am forced to park on a side street and wheel the stuff a half a block)

The only thing I can do now is start later which I am going to do and that hopefully will resolve some back tracking , you know start a little later and when I get out there everything will be open and I will be able to go 1,2,3.

You know also today I had an easy day, but my first 3 stops were all time killers, a grocery store, Wal-Mart (Actually I got in and out of there okay) and Target (they were kind of heavy) the grocery store, the warehouse did not pick 2 bottles of wine and it cost me 1/2 hour trying to find the two bottles of wine. Now they don't care about this week because it's a holiday week, but what ever it's a problem to them and needs to be fixed so I'll start starting later tomorrow. If that doesn't work I guess I'll just have to quit.