Yellow | Here Weeee Goooo!!!!!!

pull your post!!!!!! I not the one who hides behind the message and I do got the balls not like most! I'm not bad mouthing anyone here or any fellow teamster brothers! Also I haven't look down or crap on any terminal men. I'm done with this water hole crap., past the rumors around if you's want. For the 120 steward thats DAM WRONG!

Boy look what the has happened to the new teamsters. We cant even get along on a message board. Sorry to say but there is no unity anymore. Moved on this change from the western conference to the southern by choice had plenty of seniorty to stay. Cant believe the difference southern fights for nothing, gives up everything. WEEK WEEK. Now am thinking of going back and going on the bottom of the board, or even going to work for a non union company, since out here there are so many sca---. Have 12 years with the company but tired of all the b.s. Would be cazy to leave but look what we have become very sad:

Check out the balls on this ***** the gr8one as besides running down to the court house what have you done to try to put some sense in these so called engineers didn't realize they under estimated this COO.

From what I read this has effected you more than me but i got a couple of 120 guys here and talk about trying to get everyone on the same page. We been submitting grievance after grievance with proposals showing where the company can better utilize its equipment and manpower.

Was you @ the COO in Chicago brother????
Is that path your on the one you chose or was it chosen for you???
I don't know but if you think calling me out brother is your medicine than you are wrong cause you may not know it or see it but instead of you trying to work with someone on the other end to right the wrong you rather badmouth another Teamster brother.

Right now I am working for you and you don't even know it, but everything that has been submitted and sent up to the powers to be keeps getting shot down. Know what gr81 I keep sending them down range cause after awhile no matter how much things seem to change it always winds up going back to the way it was before. If they do change cause one of the proposals does get thru I don't want the credit for trying as let it be one of their original ideas
they thought of.

No hard feelings for you brother cause my stance is and will always be "if a Teamster brother is not making money than Roadway is not making money" hope you feel the same. As the previous post states "look at what we become" pretty soon the contract book will be down to 5 pages if we keep this up.

We had a visit here in NC from the X-TM from Maryland who now works for the Eastern Division. I forgot his name but he visits all the terminals, audits them and checks on how the new COO is working. He is 6'4" and 300 lbs out of 135 now. Anyways, he said 120 was doing outstanding and the company wanted all the terminals to be on the ball like you guys. He said , as far as numbers and profit, 120 was by far beating everyone in the whole company. Our terminal ( 680 ) is doing great with the change. Our salespeople have picked up the 135 frt needed to run at least 2 trips a night. But, the other terminals here are having to via to points heading to 135 due to the lack of frt at these smaller terminals. I do know that management is very unhappy with that and they do plan on doing something about it..These small 5-10 man terminal picked up 2 Linehaul drivers in the COO, when they barely had enough frt to keep themselves out of layoff.

christopher3573 said:
We had a visit here in NC from the X-TM from Maryland who now works for the Eastern Division. I forgot his name but he visits all the terminals, audits them and checks on how the new COO is working. He is 6'4" and 300 lbs out of 135 now. Anyways, he said 120 was doing outstanding and the company wanted all the terminals to be on the ball like you guys. He said , as far as numbers and profit, 120 was by far beating everyone in the whole company. Our terminal ( 680 ) is doing great with the change. Our salespeople have picked up the 135 frt needed to run at least 2 trips a night. But, the other terminals here are having to via to points heading to 135 due to the lack of frt at these smaller terminals. I do know that management is very unhappy with that and they do plan on doing something about it..These small 5-10 man terminal picked up 2 Linehaul drivers in the COO, when they barely had enough frt to keep themselves out of layoff.
Welcome to the boards there, christopher. It's good to see a guy from a smaller terminal chime in. Do you guys miss Russell F......, yet?? DS.

Hey guys just one word here. This board is here to help us communicate and share ideas, not to beat each other up. There will be diffrences of opinion, but NO name calling or flaming!! If you do have something to say to a poster, keep it professional, IM the poster or bite you damn toungue. RDWY and others read these posts, and they eat it up when the Teamsters fight among themselves. Stick to the topic.......DS.

think about what is the coo!!! is it just a kid playing in a sand box or is it really something that is planned and thought out.
company engineers are going to fall out of grace soon just like all engineers they engineer there jobs first. this is the 70s all over again only with a different goal.
But i am sure this 1 day thing is going to fly soon........

metroman said:
Like when they put roadmen up at 100 and they greased steering wheels of 120 men going to Maine.
Like 100 drivers locking up new tractors in the shop over the weekend so they could run them on Monday night.

Like 231 men telling me that 231 should run everything into New England and 120 is, Now get this, STEALING 231's work!
I'm not saying you are wrong Big R. But "Koolaid"? That works in a lot of different ways.
We had the same problem at 100, just your typical Teamster brother, only we went into the garage on Sat and Sun and took them when we could find the keys.:biglaugh:

The "koolaid" I'm talking about is what you got from your local. From the 1st day of the change in 97 when 231 1st went to NE, and for the next 7 years, all we heard up there was "your local" told you guys, your getting the work back, 7 stinkin years of listening to this crap starts to get old after a while. All I'm saying is it's not your work or my work, it's "our" work, Teamster work, and no Teamster I know of ever designed a change of ops, was always told "your input is not needed", we have engineers who do that.

Sorry I stuck my nose in, it's not my fight anymore, and it won't happen again (maybe).:tapedshut:

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was bad mouthing Screwy or BigR, that wasn't my attention to do! Yes I been fighting for the teamsters and not just since the coo.. All I wanted to know if there was more info on this matter to past on to men who haven't sign up to this truck boarding to keep everbody in the loop! I'll keep my tongue bashing towards company idiots and keep it to myself!:

Docksteward said:
Welcome to the boards there, christopher. It's good to see a guy from a smaller terminal chime in. Do you guys miss Russell F......, yet?? DS.
I do not mind F****. If you work for him, he treats you right. He is not set up for a 22 man terminal though. His attitude and work habits are for breakbulks. Sorry I mean Reginal Service Center.

At 120 we've been getting more freight in the past couple of weeks. The callboard went from working 2 or 3 days a week to getting in their 5 some in 4 days, and that was after they added about 10 bids. They told us that our city operation now handles more freight then Kearny. That's good for us but that doesn't justify all the extra man hours. It seems like their sending more freight our way each week. 2day service through the flow centers is around 88% on average, some are even lower then that. 3 day service is around 90%. This change was to improve that but it didn't. I can't see them working 211,231 and the other flow centers 10 to 14 hrs a day plus 6 or 7 days a week. This job takes a toll on your body. Plus they already said that the midwest change was put on hold. The question is will freight come back with a change or will they sneak it back a little at a time?

ya'll keep talking about 120-153 .what about 682 the hardest hit off all.they can cover all winston-altanta area and do it legal.most on turns or within 10 hrs driving you woldn't need 11 hrs. to make trips.less miles on most then they are running now?if put on time starts they can cover the rcs on vias and make them legal to the hubs.an no one would off had to move .you know what happens when you take 3 major spokes out of a wheel.it goes flop.flop.flop flop.

Hey Gopher, I agree this wheel is flopping. The freight we still get for 682 now goes thru 135 or 671, alot of it gets loaded direct and goes past us. We talk about 120 because that's where we work. It seems like most of the guys on the boards are from the northeast. I'd like to know what's going on in other parts of the country, but they have to start posting. They told us in the sourthern change Valdosta would take a big loss as they direct load around them. Last we heard on them is they were combining terminals around Tampa to start it off. Never heard if it happened yet. Maybe somebody from down there will let us know.

well stacker I know 120 well helped 0pen it.
I also hear it is costing around 150 dollars in tolls to run to buffalo.thats why they stopped and changed that run many times.over the years.457 has a run like 671 altanta turn. they do it in reverse 405 to 457.

I find it interesting that everyone I talk to knows nothing about another change or a correction of the change. There is talk of a COO next January, but not for the Eastern Region. I have asked a couple of BA's about this, and they haven't heard anything. This could change at any time, but there is nothing right now. Like I tell the guys on the dock, "It's a rumor until RDWY puts it on paper". DS.

christopher3573 said:
I do not mind F****. If you work for him, he treats you right. He is not set up for a 22 man terminal though. His attitude and work habits are for breakbulks. Sorry I mean Reginal Service Center.
You don't hear me say this about any management often, but he does know how to run a breakbulk, RSC, or what ever you want to call our dock. The only problem is that his hands are tied on several issues and he can't do what he needs. I was wondering if it was true that all you guys got free haircuts at 680??:biglaugh: DS.