TForce | Here's a fantastic tidbit about our teamcare insurance!

From what I have seen with a few employees that were out on disability, they still had their full health care benefits, but you must pay your weekly premium while you are out to maintain your health benefits.

If you have a non work related disability you have coverage for 26 weeks, plus $300/10 wks and $350/wk for 16 wks. If you go out on a work related injury, you coverage continues until you back to work.

Don't know if your ins. works the exact same as ours (YRC). I called Teamcare about this issue a few months ago. Here is how it was explained to me : If you don't get paid for 4 days a week (through all work or combination of work and paid days off) then all of your ancillary ins. goes away, but your medical is still in place. So, no dental, vision, prescription etc... until you meet the 4 day a week requirement again. Call the member number on your Teamcare ins. card and verify for your situation though. Hope this helps.

If you have a non work related disability you have coverage for 26 weeks, plus $300/10 wks and $350/wk for 16 wks. If you go out on a work related injury, you coverage continues until you back to work.

Exactly. Money is not quite right but close.
After 26 weeks you can get an extension but no pay and you or whoever had the problem is covered by insurance and only for the problem you went out with.
I just went thru it.
I was off 9 months for surgery. I had a colectomy.
I was on fmla. Paid and insured fully for 26 weeks. Pay cut but paid.
Now after 26 weeks you can get a 13 week extention with no pay and insurance only covers you for scripts and anything to do with the surgery you had. It does not cover any other family members.
Now as for being covered by insurance during the workweek for a worker you have to work 3 days of the week to keep it going.

Exactly. Money is not quite right but close.
After 26 weeks you can get an extension but no pay and you or whoever had the problem is covered by insurance and only for the problem you went out with.
I just went thru it.
I was off 9 months for surgery. I had a colectomy.
I was on fmla. Paid and insured fully for 26 weeks. Pay cut but paid.
Now after 26 weeks you can get a 13 week extention with no pay and insurance only covers you for scripts and anything to do with the surgery you had. It does not cover any other family members.
Now as for being covered by insurance during the workweek for a worker you have to work 3 days of the week to keep it going.
Do you have any of that in writing because we were told as long as we worked 1 day we were covered per BA.

Your welcome.
I wish it were one day. That would be too easy.
But I think our contracts might differ slightly.
We have a 76 year old dock worker and he is only there for insurance.... Sad but true.... He tries to make the 3 days and usually does.
Lmk if you find out more and I will do the same. I will double check I may be wrong. I will talk with a steward come Tuesday.

Gentleman and Ladies,
I had a total knee replacement a few months back. My portion of the surgery cost was very minimal. My physical therapy was paid 100%. My weekly short term benefits check was regular every Friday. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I have to give Teamcare a thumbs up.

Gentleman and Ladies,
I had a total knee replacement a few months back. My portion of the surgery cost was very minimal. My physical therapy was paid 100%. My weekly short term benefits check was regular every Friday. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I have to give Teamcare a thumbs up.

Thanks for the info.

One thing I have learned is to always pre-check what insurance will cover and what the won't. This way you get no surprises once the procedure is done.

I've not had any problems with TeamCare. I don't like the new eye care and it's limited providers. That's my only complaint to date, and I know I can't have everything I'd like to have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't had any problems with the eye care of course they went to more semi big box nation wide providers instead of independent optometrists

I haven't had any problems with the eye care of course they went to more semi big box nation wide providers instead of independent optometrists

Yes, I can't go to my regular optometrist and use insurance. I went to LensCrafters for a routine exam. Next year I'm going to my usual doc for a more complete exam and I'll pay the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk